Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tech N9ne's Top 5

Go down 
+2
Esco
Laced With Slang
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Tech N9ne's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Tech N9ne's Top 5   Tech N9ne's Top 5 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 12:01 am

Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Tech N9ne's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne's Top 5   Tech N9ne's Top 5 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 12:23 am

nice list

Quote :
That boy’s a gaddam lyricist! I don’t give a f**k how many people he’s eaten, how many abdomens he’s torn out, how many hostages he’s taken, the boy cannot be f***ed with, lyrically. He does it like no other.

so dope lol

btw hes talking about Brotha Lynch Hung in that quote
Back to top Go down

Tech N9ne's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne's Top 5   Tech N9ne's Top 5 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 12:24 am

Big L as a number one though? I completely disagree, but can't say he went with "safe" picks on this one.
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

Tech N9ne's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne's Top 5   Tech N9ne's Top 5 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 12:26 am

N3R0 wrote:
Big L as a number one though? I completely disagree, but can't say he went with "safe" picks on this one.

I can see why he voted Big L, he's one of my fav's. His wordplay is just sick and witty.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Tech N9ne's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne's Top 5   Tech N9ne's Top 5 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 12:26 am

I lol'ed at that, too, Slang.
Back to top Go down

Tech N9ne's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne's Top 5   Tech N9ne's Top 5 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 12:29 am

Big L has one album, and it's simply not that goddamn great.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

Tech N9ne's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne's Top 5   Tech N9ne's Top 5 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 12:32 am

N3R0 wrote:
Big L has one album, and it's simply not that goddamn great.

I know there some crappy beats but to me his lyrics are on point. The main hype I have over this guy is all the unknown and unreleased shit I've peeped. Some of his verses on that COTC album are sick.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Tech N9ne's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne's Top 5   Tech N9ne's Top 5 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 12:33 am

he has 2 albums technically, and tons of guest appearances and freestyles, plus some verses on the Children of the Corn album. I wouldnt put him at #1 but from a natural talent standpoint i dont think there are many that had the ability he had
Back to top Go down

Tech N9ne's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne's Top 5   Tech N9ne's Top 5 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 12:34 am

Does Biggie have 4 albums then? No. Big L has one album and the COTC album was never released. Dude had talent, but so did The Living Orb and no one mentions his ass as the GOAT.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

Tech N9ne's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne's Top 5   Tech N9ne's Top 5 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 12:37 am

I'm not saying he's a goat. All I was saying was I can understand how Tech N9ne picked him as one of his favorites. Even though that COTC album wasn't released it had some verses from L that were excellent.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Tech N9ne's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne's Top 5   Tech N9ne's Top 5 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 12:38 am

The Big Picture was mostly recorded when L was alive so i would count that as an album
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

Tech N9ne's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne's Top 5   Tech N9ne's Top 5 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 12:40 am

Slang Editorial wrote:
The Big Picture was mostly recorded when L was alive so i would count that as an album

Ehh Kind of, on many songs he only has 1 verse and there's a shit load of guests appearances. You can tell it wasn't finished.
Back to top Go down

Tech N9ne's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne's Top 5   Tech N9ne's Top 5 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 12:40 am

Uh what? Obviously every album with vocals were recorded when the MC was alive? That didn't make sense to me homie.
Back to top Go down

Tech N9ne's Top 5 Empty

Esco wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

Ehh Kind of, on many songs he only has 1 verse and there's a shit load of guests appearances. You can tell it wasn't finished.

DAMN! Served by Esco.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Tech N9ne's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne's Top 5   Tech N9ne's Top 5 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 12:46 am

I didn't really read those picks as ranked. And anyway, Big L was most certainly on another level, however brief.
Back to top Go down

Tech N9ne's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne's Top 5   Tech N9ne's Top 5 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 12:49 am

AllHipHop has their picks in order every time to my knowledge. It's a column they do, and generally the artist explains their picks and why they're in that order. But it might #5 at the top...Kev would know.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Tech N9ne's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne's Top 5   Tech N9ne's Top 5 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 12:51 am

N3R0 wrote:
Esco wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

DAMN! Served by Esco.

i see your point but i always thought he had a lot of say on the beats/sound for that album...i could be wrong though
Back to top Go down

Tech N9ne's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne's Top 5   Tech N9ne's Top 5 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 12:53 am

he did a song with biggie? doubtful
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Tech N9ne's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne's Top 5   Tech N9ne's Top 5 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 12:59 am

N3R0 wrote:
he did a song with biggie? doubtful

theresno song with Biggie on the album...im assuming your talking about Deadly Combination which features Pac but theres a remix out there that does have Biggie on it but its not on the album

its clear that the album was unfinished when he died, BUT the fact that he had already released Ebonics when he was still alive...leads one to believe that he obviously released that single for an upcoming album, which he probably had atleast some songs done/ beats picked out
Back to top Go down

Tech N9ne's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne's Top 5   Tech N9ne's Top 5 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 1:02 am

Really? I'm pretty sure independent artists drop songs ALL THE TIME without any album dropping. Especially considering he was signing to Roc-A-Fella and then his album drops on Rawkus...L had no fucking input homie.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Tech N9ne's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne's Top 5   Tech N9ne's Top 5 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 1:07 am

Damn, Jeffrey. You should spend a little more time with Big Picture. I'm telling you, L is pretty fuckin nuts on every track, regardless of the timeline (in terms of his passing).

It's a dope album, no question.
Back to top Go down

Tech N9ne's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne's Top 5   Tech N9ne's Top 5 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 1:09 am

Yeah Park, I know Big Picture is dope, I'm just saying that including it in his discog isn't a good look to me. This isn't Makaveli or Life After Death, this shit came out a long time after dude passed, with different beats, different features, and on a different label.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Tech N9ne's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne's Top 5   Tech N9ne's Top 5 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 1:14 am

It came out a year after he died, and he'd spent two years working on it.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

Tech N9ne's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne's Top 5   Tech N9ne's Top 5 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 1:15 am

Kid Joe wrote:
Damn, Jeffrey. You should spend a little more time with Big Picture. I'm telling you, L is pretty fuckin nuts on every track, regardless of the timeline (in terms of his passing).

It's a dope album, no question.

Co-sign fucking nuts. That Work Remix he's on is fire.
Back to top Go down

Tech N9ne's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne's Top 5   Tech N9ne's Top 5 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 1:20 am

Kid Joe wrote:
It came out a year after he died, and he'd spent two years working on it.

Two years and he's barely on half the album?
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Tech N9ne's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne's Top 5   Tech N9ne's Top 5 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 1:21 am

And besides, I don't really see the point in your argument. He spit those verses.

And Tech was pretty clear that L caught him with mixtapes and DJ guest spots. Dude's freestyles are really something else.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Tech N9ne's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne's Top 5   Tech N9ne's Top 5 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 1:23 am

His verses make up well over half the album. You really should check it out some time.
Back to top Go down

Tech N9ne's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne's Top 5   Tech N9ne's Top 5 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 1:30 am

I've heard it, and guests dominate it.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Tech N9ne's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne's Top 5   Tech N9ne's Top 5 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 1:48 am

I don't doubt you've heard it. You seem to remember Biggie's spot quite well.

I'm just saying, if you're gonna cone off like you know all about, maybe a refresher would be in order. L's verses take up about 2/3 of the album. And, he started working on it in 97. He died 99. Album released 2000.

And Tech doesn't even mention his albums, just his underground circulations.
Back to top Go down

Tech N9ne's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne's Top 5   Tech N9ne's Top 5 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 11:00 am

Yeah it's admittedly been awhile, I seriously thought that L/Pac/BIG song was actually on the album.

And again, I'm not saying he wasn't dope, I'm just saying that I don't feel this album should "count".
Back to top Go down

Tech N9ne's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne's Top 5   Tech N9ne's Top 5 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 11:09 am

Nice top 5 just thought it was corny for him to include himself in the top 5.
Back to top Go down

Tech N9ne's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne's Top 5   Tech N9ne's Top 5 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 1:17 pm

I see your point Kev, but in all honesty, I'd expect him to include himself. If he got more props, maybe he wouldn't need to.
Back to top Go down

Tech N9ne's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne's Top 5   Tech N9ne's Top 5 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 1:47 pm

N3R0 wrote:
Yeah Park, I know Big Picture is dope, I'm just saying that including it in his discog isn't a good look to me. This isn't Makaveli or Life After Death, this shit came out a long time after dude passed, with different beats, different features, and on a different label.

Finished or not, Big Picture was a dope ass album. I personally liked it better than his first because the production was better, and the rhymes are on-par. I don't know why it shouldn't be included, it was released a year after his death because of label politics. Pure skill-wise, he's easily one of the best that ever did it IMO.

I personally think it's QUEER that he included himself on his own list. That was just him being cocky and arrogant.
Back to top Go down

Tech N9ne's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne's Top 5   Tech N9ne's Top 5 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 3:17 pm

KJ you cock hungry ass whore,

Tech N9ne has the skills to be top 5 so put your balls back in your ass and shut the fuck up. Your candy coated ass nuts would be defending nas if he did the same thing.

K. Rob you geriatric dough boy wanna be,
Stop with the Tech N9ne hate and go touch up your jeri curl, your dripping curl juice all over willie d's back.
Back to top Go down

Tech N9ne's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne's Top 5   Tech N9ne's Top 5 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 3:25 pm

LOL...^^^^
Back to top Go down

Tech N9ne's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne's Top 5   Tech N9ne's Top 5 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 3:32 pm

Lionel Hutz wrote:
KJ you cock hungry ass whore,

Tech N9ne has the skills to be top 5 so put your balls back in your ass and shut the fuck up. Your candy coated ass nuts would be defending nas if he did the same thing.

K. Rob you geriatric dough boy wanna be,
Stop with the Tech N9ne hate and go touch up your jeri curl, your dripping curl juice all over willie d's back.

Go fuck yourself Pedro, if you get pregnant you'll know who's fault it is.

First of all, no fucking way is Tech N9ne one of the Top 5 MC's of all time, not even objectively. Him and Crooked I are the only one to do that bullshit. Even though I like Crooked, he's not objectively Top 5 either and I thought that was wack too.

Secondly, even the MC's who feel they're Top 5 were like "These are my favs not including myself" but Tech is too fucking arrogant to admit otherwise.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

Tech N9ne's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne's Top 5   Tech N9ne's Top 5 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 3:32 pm

"Your candy coated ass nuts would be defending nas if he did the same thing."

So true too.
Back to top Go down

Tech N9ne's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne's Top 5   Tech N9ne's Top 5 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 3:34 pm

^^^^^LOL, Rice Cube and The Sawed Off Assclown. AKA the world's shortest tag team.

These two make Rey Mysterio look like Shaq!
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

Tech N9ne's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne's Top 5   Tech N9ne's Top 5 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 3:36 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
N3R0 wrote:

Finished or not, Big Picture was a dope ass album. I personally liked it better than his first because the production was better, and the rhymes are on-par. I don't know why it shouldn't be included, it was released a year after his death because of label politics. Pure skill-wise, he's easily one of the best that ever did it IMO.

I personally think it's QUEER that he included himself on his own list. That was just him being cocky and arrogant.

Uh...Nas is one of the most cocky and arrogant rappers out there. Love his music, but I'm just sayin'...you heard "Hate Me Now", right?

Being cocky and arrogant is part of the equation for a lot of rappers...

Last edited by Kopasetick on Tue 09 Feb 2010, 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

Tech N9ne's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne's Top 5   Tech N9ne's Top 5 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 3:37 pm

You know it's true so you have nothing else to say but try to clown...lol
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

Tech N9ne's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne's Top 5   Tech N9ne's Top 5 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 3:41 pm

Kopasetick wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
N3R0 wrote:

Uh...Nas is one of the most cocky and arrogant rappers out there. Love his music, but I'm just sayin'...you heard "Hate Me Now", right?

Word to the grandma.
Back to top Go down

Tech N9ne's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne's Top 5   Tech N9ne's Top 5 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 3:42 pm

Kopasetick wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
N3R0 wrote:

Hate Me Now was him answering his haters/critics. I have no problem with someone being cocky ON the mic, just not off of it.

And to Tran, I already responded to that garbage Pedro was spittin. All you can do is dickride what other people say so STFU.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

Tech N9ne's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne's Top 5   Tech N9ne's Top 5 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 3:45 pm

"You know it's true so you have nothing else to say but try to clown...lol"

Like I said, you responded by clowning because you know he's right. Very mature hippo. lol
Back to top Go down

Tech N9ne's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne's Top 5   Tech N9ne's Top 5 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 3:47 pm

Flyte Tyme wrote:
"You know it's true so you have nothing else to say but try to clown...lol"

Like I said, you responded by clowning because you know he's right. Very mature hippo. lol

And you dickriding what other people say is mature??? Whatever Vanilla Rice.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

Tech N9ne's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne's Top 5   Tech N9ne's Top 5 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 3:49 pm

you and your racist remarks. Shaking My Head
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

Tech N9ne's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne's Top 5   Tech N9ne's Top 5 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 4:21 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Hate Me Now was him answering his haters/critics. I have no problem with someone being cocky ON the mic, just not off of it.

And to Tran, I already responded to that garbage Pedro was spittin. All you can do is dickride what other people say so STFU.

Yeah, I already get that part. I'm just saying...he didn't take the most humble approach...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

Tech N9ne's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne's Top 5   Tech N9ne's Top 5 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 5:26 pm

kj you muff munching tripe tickler

you make no sense. A rapper can rap and say he is top 5 dead or alive and that is cool, buy he say it in an interview and he is too cocky? Take the tampons out your brain for a second and give that shit some room to breathe.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Tech N9ne's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne's Top 5   Tech N9ne's Top 5 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Feb 2010, 5:28 pm

"And I'm not cocky, I'm confident, so when you tell me I'm the best, it's a compliment"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tech N9ne's Top 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne's Top 5   Tech N9ne's Top 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tech N9ne's Top 5
Page 1 of 1