Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tech N9ne fans

Go down 
+3
TheHazardous
Shaun
E. Taylor
7 posters
AuthorMessage
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

Tech N9ne fans Empty
PostSubject: Tech N9ne fans   Tech N9ne fans Icon_minitimeSat 26 Dec 2009, 9:30 pm

I'm new to his work. I picked up "Anghellic" the other day and really like it. I''m going back tomorrow to possibly get another one. Just wondering what the next best was. I know they Have the following:

"Absolute Power"
"Everready"
"KOD"
"Thriller"

I only have enough room on my gift card for one so what do i go with?
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Tech N9ne fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne fans   Tech N9ne fans Icon_minitimeSat 26 Dec 2009, 10:41 pm

"Killer", not "Thriller". Lol.

But, I'd grab either Absolute Power or K.O.D. Absolute Power is better, but K.O.D. is nothing short of dopeness from '09
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

Tech N9ne fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne fans   Tech N9ne fans Icon_minitimeSat 26 Dec 2009, 10:46 pm

"Killer", not "Thriller". Lol.

Oversight. LOL. I saw the cover and automatically thought Thriller.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

Tech N9ne fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne fans   Tech N9ne fans Icon_minitimeSat 26 Dec 2009, 11:31 pm

I would say Eveready however AP comes with a DVD which gives you more depth to his character.
Back to top Go down

Tech N9ne fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne fans   Tech N9ne fans Icon_minitimeSun 27 Dec 2009, 12:02 am

Absolute Power is NOT that good IMO. It has "Biancas and Beatrices" and a couple of other weak songs that REALLY drag the album down IMO.

If you can track it down, Calm Before The Storm is fucking dope, but KOD is definitely his best of the ones you mentioned.

In order of personal preference including his collab albums
and underground shit

Anghellic
Calm Before The Storm
KOD
MLK
Everready
The Worst
Celcius
Absolute Power
Killer
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Tech N9ne fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne fans   Tech N9ne fans Icon_minitimeSun 27 Dec 2009, 12:11 am

"Absolute Power is NOT that good IMO. It has "Biancas and Beatrices" and a couple of other weak songs that REALLY drag the album down IMO."

smh. You're the only one who thinks that. Also, I have a new beat, so get on chat.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

Tech N9ne fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne fans   Tech N9ne fans Icon_minitimeSun 27 Dec 2009, 1:52 am

Get KOD and Absolute Power.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
Justice
I Deserve A
I Deserve A

Tech N9ne fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne fans   Tech N9ne fans Icon_minitimeSun 27 Dec 2009, 11:18 am

Calm Before The Storm if you can find it. If not I would get AP. Also don't buy Celcius it's a bootleg album and Tech doesn't get any money from it.

Which version of Anghellic did you get? If you got Anghellic: Reparation I recommend downloading the original, there's a better flow through out the album.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

Tech N9ne fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne fans   Tech N9ne fans Icon_minitimeSun 27 Dec 2009, 11:24 am

I guess it's just the original "Anghellic". Still don't know if i'm going to buy "K.O.D" or "Absolute Power" but i guess i'll figure it out when i get there. Either way i'll let you know what i think.
Back to top Go down
Justice
I Deserve A
I Deserve A

Tech N9ne fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne fans   Tech N9ne fans Icon_minitimeSun 27 Dec 2009, 12:02 pm

This is the orginals track list:

1. "Hellevator"
2. "Tormented"
3. "Stamina"
4. "Sinister Tech"
5. "Psycho Messages"
6. "Psycho Bitch"
7. "Real Killer"
8. "Cursed"
9. "Suicide Letters"
10. "Purgatory"
11. "It's Alive"
12. "Einstein"
13. "P.R. 2K1"
14. "Here I Come"
15. "Who You Came To See"
16. "Wake Up Call"
17. "This Ring"
18. "God Complex"
19. "This Life (Anghellic)"
20. "Going Bad"
21. "Heaven"
22. "Twisted"

"Devil Boy", "Breathe", and "F.T.I." were add on to Reparation and "Stamina", "P.R. 2K1", and "This Life (Anghellic)" were dropped.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

Tech N9ne fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne fans   Tech N9ne fans Icon_minitimeSun 27 Dec 2009, 7:21 pm

Well i've got "Devil Boy" and "Breathe" so i guess i got Reparation. I went ahead and picked up "K.O.D." today. "Absolute Power" was 19.99 compared to K.O.D. which was 12.99 so i went cheap. I can't hear it until the kids go to sleep tonight.
Back to top Go down

Tech N9ne fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne fans   Tech N9ne fans Icon_minitimeSun 27 Dec 2009, 10:34 pm

You shouldn't be disappointed. I think it's always tought starting with an artist's best album in their discography because then you're just let down by everything else they put out. I always try to rec a solid, accessible album in an mc's catalogue instead of recing their best cd because I've been burned quite a few times by people rec'ing me the best cd's of an artist then goin beyond that album and finding nothing.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Tech N9ne fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne fans   Tech N9ne fans Icon_minitimeSun 27 Dec 2009, 10:43 pm

personally i like

Anghellic
KOD and/or Absolute Power
Everready
Killer

still havent heard Calm Before the Storm, The Worst, or Celcius
Back to top Go down

Tech N9ne fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne fans   Tech N9ne fans Icon_minitimeSun 27 Dec 2009, 10:46 pm

Slang, you're from the midwest, step your game up homie.
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

Tech N9ne fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne fans   Tech N9ne fans Icon_minitimeMon 28 Dec 2009, 12:24 am

I've heard Calm B4 the storm, Anghellic, Absolute Power, Everready and KOD. All worth it IMO, though Absolute Power is my favorite one. Don't see why Nero dislikes Biancas & Beatrices that song is funny as hell.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

Tech N9ne fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne fans   Tech N9ne fans Icon_minitimeMon 28 Dec 2009, 8:28 pm

Well, i've listened a couple of times now and while it's not as strong as "Anghellic" it's a very dope album. Contender for top 10 of the year. Track 17 is my favorite and in the first verse he sounds exactly like Krayzie Bone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tech N9ne fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech N9ne fans   Tech N9ne fans Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tech N9ne fans
Page 1 of 1