Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top Hip-Hop Singles #59

Go down 
+10
Shaun
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
D.Powell
Dwight
Half
Z-membu
E. Taylor
Laced With Slang
Funk Seoul Brother
T. Myers
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Mistadoblina
Top 25
Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Top 50
Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
Top 75
Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Top 100
Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 - Page 2 Vote_lcap47%Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 47% [ 7 ]
Neither
Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 - Page 2 Vote_lcap40%Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 40% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage

Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 3:46 pm

Saint Killa wrote:
And what is your obsession with Nas and crediting everything back to him? Did I not state my OPINION on Cormega as an OPINION? Yet you still feel the need to somehow justify Nas? and give Nas credit for something he had NOTHING to do with. Point blank, Cormega has a career in rap because he chose to pursue an independent label and worked hard at it. Nas has nothing to do with that.

Because you mentioned that I hate on people just to hate on them, when you do the same to Nas and KRS-One. And what you said about Mega is complete BULLSHIT. Nobody heard of him before the Firm.

In fact, One Love off of Illmatic was dedicated to Mega when he was locked up! He was holdin Mega down and showin him love. It wasn't until Mega got out of jail that he decided to become an MC. Nas was the one that put him on when he joined the Firm. Mega had beef with Steve Stoute and took it out on Nas. Legal Hustle didn't even come into existence until 2000! Which was FOUR YEARS after he made his debut on Affirmative Action from It Was Written.

And that my friend, is a FACT!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 3:50 pm

And yet and still you miss the point that Nas had NOTHING to do with Cormega starting and developing a successful record label and having a successful career in the game. If it was left up to Nas then Mega would have just been another name in rap lore and nothing else. Lost in the system. Nas has nothing to do with Cormega's success in the game and to try to credit him as such just shows your fan boy side shining through.

And the only person who has done any hating so far is you. I mentioned Cormega as someone I think deserves the high praise of nas and illmatic -therefore acknowledging the praise he gets - yet, instead of letting it go you chose to go on some rampage and campaign to somehow prove my opinion is wrong and everything should go back to nas? Who's hating KJ? It's you but some how you fail to see that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 3:52 pm

Saint Killa wrote:
Within your circle, sure, he is considered a GOAT by a lot... but this rap world is much broader than your narrow view...

It ain't just about my circle, it's the consensus view of hip-hop nation.

If I said that Ice Cube, Scarface, and Andre 3000 are widely considered GOAT's (and they are) you'd agree with me because you like them. But because you dislike Nas and KRS-One, you're blind to the fact that hip-hop nation sees them as GOAT's as well just because you don't.

And you say that I'm narrow-minded?? Check yourself!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 3:58 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Saint Killa wrote:
Within your circle, sure, he is considered a GOAT by a lot... but this rap world is much broader than your narrow view...

If I said that Ice Cube, Scarface, and Andre 3000 are widely considered GOAT's (and they are) you'd agree with me because you like them. But because you dislike Nas and KRS-One, you're blind to the fact that hip-hop nation sees them as GOAT's as well just because you don't.

I'd only agree with you on Andre 3000 and maybe... maybe Ice Cube... and it would only be based on logic... because logic would dictate that out of those 3 Andre is the only one who has maintained a strong level of sales throughout his career - so logic would dictate that there is a greater possibility more fans would consider him a GOAT since more fans are buying his CDs.

The same can't be said about Face - he sells well - but under 200K for his last few releases shows he doesn't have nearly as many fans left to logically deduce he is a GOAT to the majority of hip-hop fans. Ice Cube has also seen a steady decline in fans - and he is on the fringe along with Nas right now - though he is a step ahead because in his prime Cube was a much better seller than Nas.

Right now I would say the GOATs who we could logically deduce are on people's lists most often would be Pac, Biggie, Eminem, BONE, Jay Z, TI, Luda, 50 Cent, etc. People who have maintained a high level of sales for over a decade or who at least were the best sellers during their high points...
Back to top Go down
Dwight
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Dwight

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 4:11 pm

Cise Starr wrote:
Top 100. Not one of my fav Del songs though.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 4:28 pm

Cise Starr wrote:
I know you like him but my comment wasn't directed at you. It was directed at any east coast fanboy who can't appreciate Del or looks down upon west coast music.

I've noticed a strong superiority complex with certain posters around here regarding regions...its pathetic. I could care less where shit originated.

And I've noticed a STRONG insecurity complex around here like BEYOTCHES, whenever I mention that NYC is the GOAT of this hip-hop shit...that's what I've noticed...that shit is VAGINAL

being that I'm from NYC and I happen to love hip-hop..of course I'm PROUD that my home city leads the pack in a beautiful music that I happen to love and I am not shy about mentioning it...but once you do that the Ralph Tresvants/Jermaine Stewarts of the world start getting upset and tell me that it's just "my opinion" but offer NOTHING to back up why they say that....in other words they offer NO PROOF....if hip-hop from the south as an example was the best of all-time and this was a known fact, it would mean nothing to me...I would give the south props and keep it moving because I LOVE hip-hop music...plain and simple...who gives a fuck....I LOVE hip-hop motherfuckers..

Oh and for the record Del is that dude for me...I Wish My Brother George Was Here is a classic IMO...dude is different and dude is DOPE.....

Last edited by D.Powell on Wed 30 Dec 2009, 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 4:28 pm

Saint Killa wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Saint Killa wrote:

I'd only agree with you on Andre 3000 and maybe... maybe Ice Cube... and it would only be based on logic... because logic would dictate that out of those 3 Andre is the only one who has maintained a strong level of sales throughout his career - so logic would dictate that there is a greater possibility more fans would consider him a GOAT since more fans are buying his CDs.

The same can't be said about Face - he sells well - but under 200K for his last few releases shows he doesn't have nearly as many fans left to logically deduce he is a GOAT to the majority of hip-hop fans. Ice Cube has also seen a steady decline in fans - and he is on the fringe along with Nas right now - though he is a step ahead because in his prime Cube was a much better seller than Nas.

Right now I would say the GOATs who we could logically deduce are on people's lists most often would be Pac, Biggie, Eminem, BONE, Jay Z, TI, Luda, 50 Cent, etc. People who have maintained a high level of sales for over a decade or who at least were the best sellers during their high points...

Sales are not the true measure of a GOAT!! While sales are noteworthy, they are NOT as important as critical acclaim. If it were all about sales, then Hammer would be considered a GOAT, and everybody knows he's not.

Luda, 50 Cent, and T.I. are not widely considered GOAT's. None of them have made any consensus classics. GRODT can be argued, but 50's otherwise mediorce discography DQ's him as a GOAT. Luda and T.I. have strong discogs, but because of the lack of a classic LP, they haven't yet reached consensus GOAT status.

Bone is on the fence. While I don't particularly disagree with them being a GOAT group, there are lots of groups more critically acclaimed.

I definitely agree with Pac, Biggie, Em, and Jay. They are first ballot GOAT's. The same can be also be said about Rakim, Nas, KRS-One, and Scarface.

Rakim because he's influenced so many. Nas because he's one of the best lyricists of all time and has a rather strong discography. KRS-One because he's a pioneer for concious/reality rap, and Face because he's the TRUE King of the South. The Geto Boys were holdin it down in the south before everybody and made it possible for the South to be recognized as a legit region within hip-hop nation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 4:32 pm

You miss the point entirely KJ. Critics are but a small minority in the much larger hip-hop world. They don't encompass even a small fraction of the hip-hop nation and miss tons of dope music.

Logic would dictate that fans purchase CDs of people they like... if KRS ONE is so much more worthy of GOAT status and has so many more fans who have him as one of their GOATs... then why does he get exponentially outsold by a guy like Ludacris?

Whether they are correct or not I would wager MORE fans would list Luda on a top ten DOA list than would list KRS-ONE....
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 4:34 pm

D.Powell wrote:

I would give the south props and keep it moving because I LOVE hip-hop music...plain and simple...who gives a fuck....I LOVE hip-hop motherfuckers..

Oh and for the record Del is that dude for me...I Wish My Brother George Was Here is a classic IMO...dude is different and dude is DOPE.....
Well that's the end of it. That's exactly what we all wanted to hear.

That's the only Del album you consider a classic?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 4:37 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Cise Starr wrote:
I know you like him but my comment wasn't directed at you. It was directed at any east coast fanboy who can't appreciate Del or looks down upon west coast music.

I've noticed a strong superiority complex with certain posters around here regarding regions...its pathetic. I could care less where shit originated.

And I've noticed a STRONG insecurity complex around here like BEYOTCHES, whenever I mention that NYC is the GOAT of this hip-hop shit...that's what I've noticed...that shit is VAGINAL

being that I'm from NYC and I happen to love hip-hop..of course I'm PROUD that my home city leads the pack in a beautiful music that I happen to love and I am not shy about mentioning it...but once you do that the Ralph Tresvants/Jermaine Stewarts of the world start getting upset and tell me that it's just "my opinion" but offer NOTHING to back up why they say that....in other words they offer NO PROOF....if hip-hop from the south as an example was the best of all-time and this was a known fact, it would mean nothing to me...I would give the south props and keep it moving because I LOVE hip-hop music...plain and simple...who gives a fuck....I LOVE hip-hop motherfuckers..

they don't have to prove anything to you. their opinion is all that matters. and one opinion eliminates any chance of NYC being the greatest as a fact. it's as simple as that. Get over yourself my dude.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 4:38 pm

it's my favorite Del album by far!
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 4:39 pm

D.Powell wrote:
it's my favorite Del album by far!
Cool. afro

What bothers me is that some people overlook Del because he is do "different". Its good to see him appreciated. He's my favorite rapper for the record.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 4:41 pm

T. Myers wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
Cise Starr wrote:

they don't have to prove anything to you. their opinion is all that matters. and one opinion eliminates any chance of NYC being the greatest as a fact. it's as simple as that. Get over yourself my dude.

I already told you Terry yesterday that one opinion does NOT eliminate a FACT...but you don't seem to understand this shit

there are a bunch of opinions out there that Obama should NOT be the president of the United States....but it is a FACT that he is in fact the President..am I right??

There are a bunch of opinions (my included) that the Steelers should not have won the super bowl last year...but it is a FACT that they indeed did win that bitch right??

Terry SHOW AND PROVE OR SHUT THE FUCK UP....it's that simple man!
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 4:48 pm

Both Sides of the Brain is the best Del album. Deltron 3030 if you count that as a Del album.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 4:51 pm

One opinion can eliminate it from being fact. you can not prove why NYC is the greatest. All you can do is offer examples as to why it's better in you opinion. if someone chooses to disagree with you, it eliminates any chance of it being factual. It's similar to the concept of theories and laws. Theoretically, NY is the greatest, but it is not a law. I'm sure you'll ramble some more nonsense about show and prove blah blah blah, but you really have no idea where my allegiance and preference lies. you just try so hard to be correct cause you come from an outdated system of what it's like to be big and bad. it actually makes you look simple and sad. maybe you should do your homework next time. Here educate yourself. If you need help with any of the big words, just ask.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 4:52 pm

Saint Killa wrote:
You miss the point entirely KJ. Critics are but a small minority in the much larger hip-hop world. They don't encompass even a small fraction of the hip-hop nation and miss tons of dope music.
Critics aren't just the guys on magazines and websites, they're FANS as well. Hip-Hop FANS consider the guys I mention GOAT candidates as well. Fans are the essence of hip-hop nation.

Quote :
Logic would dictate that fans purchase CDs of people they like... if KRS ONE is so much more worthy of GOAT status and has so many more fans who have him as one of their GOATs... then why does he get exponentially outsold by a guy like Ludacris?
Again, sales are NOT what measures a GOAT. Great music is. Nelly and Lil Wayne have outsold Luda. Does that make them greater artists? No it doesn't. MC Hammer is one of only 3 artists to have went diamond. Is he a GOAT candidate? Nope!

Quote :
Whether they are correct or not I would wager MORE fans would list Luda on a top ten DOA list than would list KRS-ONE....
Fans that grew up in the mid to late 90's perhaps, but even then that's questionable. KRS is widely respected throughout hip-hop nation. Luda is too, but the fact remains that Luda has ZERO classic albums under his belt. KRS has at least 4 consensus classics, some may argue as many as 6. Not to mention Kris' influence upon the genre.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #59   Top Hip-Hop Singles #59 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Dec 2009, 4:56 pm

T. Myers wrote:
One opinion can eliminate it from being fact. you can not prove why NYC is the greatest. All you can do is offer examples as to why it's better in you opinion. if someone chooses to disagree with you, it eliminates any chance of it being factual. It's similar to the concept of theories and laws. Theoretically, NY is the greatest, but it is not a law. I'm sure you'll ramble some more nonsense about show and prove blah blah blah, but you really have no idea where my allegiance and preference lies. you just try so hard to be correct cause you come from an outdated system of what it's like to be big and bad. it actually makes you look simple and sad. maybe you should do your homework next time. Here educate yourself. If you need help with any of the big words, just ask.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory