Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wasn't KRS-One a Better Emcee on Criminal Minded?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Wasn't KRS-One a Better Emcee on Criminal Minded? Empty
PostSubject: Wasn't KRS-One a Better Emcee on Criminal Minded?   Wasn't KRS-One a Better Emcee on Criminal Minded? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jul 2010, 3:11 am

I know a lot of folks have other albums has their favorite KRS-One CDs, but I don't think anything beats his work on Criminal Minded. I think if he would have kept his options open as far as subject matter his later work would have been better. the last BDP albums and his first solo were good, but I think eventually he hit a point where he ran out of things to talk about and even his flow and style became a bit repetitive. On Criminal Minded he flows crazy on each track and kept the topics diverse. Your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Wasn't KRS-One a Better Emcee on Criminal Minded?   Wasn't KRS-One a Better Emcee on Criminal Minded? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jul 2010, 4:01 pm

Not really related, but kind of...I have a new found respect for KRS after watching the Obama Deception. I've never really known him to delve into the global politics issue. Don't get me wrong, I have always respected the man's intelligence. The complexity of these issues is another level, even for him, and he was able tobreak it down very clearly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wasn't KRS-One a Better Emcee on Criminal Minded?   Wasn't KRS-One a Better Emcee on Criminal Minded? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jul 2010, 4:03 pm

If he's dissing on Obama I like him less. But as I said before, I refuse to watch that racist tea party propaganda.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Wasn't KRS-One a Better Emcee on Criminal Minded?   Wasn't KRS-One a Better Emcee on Criminal Minded? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jul 2010, 4:06 pm

You really think I would support it if that's what it was about?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wasn't KRS-One a Better Emcee on Criminal Minded?   Wasn't KRS-One a Better Emcee on Criminal Minded? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jul 2010, 4:10 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
You really think I would support it if that's what it was about?

No, but I'm generally not into conspiracy theory type stuff. I don't rush to watch any Michael Moore and Bush provided enough stupidity on the local news for me not to have to watch additional movies about it. Also, I'm giving Obama the pass. He's the first black pres. Short of being the second incarnation of Hitler, anything he does during his terms is fine by me.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Wasn't KRS-One a Better Emcee on Criminal Minded?   Wasn't KRS-One a Better Emcee on Criminal Minded? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jul 2010, 4:24 pm

That's exactly why he's in office...
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Wasn't KRS-One a Better Emcee on Criminal Minded?   Wasn't KRS-One a Better Emcee on Criminal Minded? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jul 2010, 4:25 pm

lmao @ Parker being able to use the same line twice in completely different threads
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wasn't KRS-One a Better Emcee on Criminal Minded?   Wasn't KRS-One a Better Emcee on Criminal Minded? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jul 2010, 4:26 pm

That's exactly why anyone is ever in office if you ask me, so I celebrate the small things, rather than harp on things out of my control.
Back to top Go down
ctrx
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
ctrx

PostSubject: Re: Wasn't KRS-One a Better Emcee on Criminal Minded?   Wasn't KRS-One a Better Emcee on Criminal Minded? Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010, 1:26 pm

KRS-One is only as good as the issues he finds pressing at any given moment. From 86-90 those were relevant issues like racism, oppression from the upper class, sex and violence, and corrupt politicians. Nowadays he tries to pour the same energy into his "real hip hop" tirades, or even worse, wild conspiracies and subjects he doesn't know enough about to rap about. Any time KRS appears on a news show I feel embarrassed for him because he's honestly not smart enough to know he's making a fool of himself by preaching about issues for which he's grossly misinformed and pretends not to be.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Wasn't KRS-One a Better Emcee on Criminal Minded?   Wasn't KRS-One a Better Emcee on Criminal Minded? Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jul 2010, 7:21 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
I know a lot of folks have other albums has their favorite KRS-One CDs, but I don't think anything beats his work on Criminal Minded. I think if he would have kept his options open as far as subject matter his later work would have been better. the last BDP albums and his first solo were good, but I think eventually he hit a point where he ran out of things to talk about and even his flow and style became a bit repetitive. On Criminal Minded he flows crazy on each track and kept the topics diverse. Your thoughts?

There's definitely merit in your opinion because KRS has always pretty much stayed on the same course from day one. It was fresh and new at the time. Call me crazy though....I feel he stepped up his game lyrically on BAMN. I think he saw the fire that Rakim started on Paid In Full and he stepped it up and gave a better lyrical performance than he ever did before. My thoughts...
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Wasn't KRS-One a Better Emcee on Criminal Minded?   Wasn't KRS-One a Better Emcee on Criminal Minded? Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jul 2010, 8:05 pm

No. Why?

"I'm not an emcee, so listen call me poet or musician"

He couldn't be a better emcee if he wasn't an emcee
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wasn't KRS-One a Better Emcee on Criminal Minded?   Wasn't KRS-One a Better Emcee on Criminal Minded? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wasn't KRS-One a Better Emcee on Criminal Minded?
Page 1 of 1