Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Slick Rick top 50??????/

Go down 
+8
Myestro
Jason
Norfeest
E. Taylor
parker lewis
D.Powell
Shaun
Laced With Slang
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who ya got
Top 5
Slick Rick top 50??????/ Vote_lcap17%Slick Rick top 50??????/ Vote_rcap
 17% [ 2 ]
Top 10
Slick Rick top 50??????/ Vote_lcap8%Slick Rick top 50??????/ Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Top 25
Slick Rick top 50??????/ Vote_lcap17%Slick Rick top 50??????/ Vote_rcap
 17% [ 2 ]
Top 50
Slick Rick top 50??????/ Vote_lcap42%Slick Rick top 50??????/ Vote_rcap
 42% [ 5 ]
Top 100
Slick Rick top 50??????/ Vote_lcap0%Slick Rick top 50??????/ Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Neither
Slick Rick top 50??????/ Vote_lcap16%Slick Rick top 50??????/ Vote_rcap
 16% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage

Slick Rick top 50??????/ Empty
PostSubject: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 10:45 pm

Where do we have him, HH4L? He isn't good IMO.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 10:47 pm

top 5

and according to our Greatest Artists Final Results, he is sitting at 41
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 10:49 pm

and i dont see how one can like Ghostface and/or Snoop Dogg and not like Rick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 11:00 pm

Slick Rick isn't good??? GTFOH with that bullshit Steve. You've got your anti-80's blockers on.

Co-Sign Slang, I can't see how anyone can like Ghost or Snoop without liking Slick Rick.

Since Top 20 wasn't an option, I'll go Top 25. He ranks somewhere in the teens for me.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 11:01 pm

Someone explain the connection with Ghost and Ricky D? They are both good storytellers. That's about it. Ghost is 1000x more lyrical. And I don't see the Snoop comparison at all.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 11:03 pm

Rick is clearly one of their biggest influences, admitted by both numerous times, and just their style of rap is similar to his
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 11:07 pm

Shaun wrote:
Someone explain the connection with Ghost and Ricky D? They are both good storytellers. That's about it. Ghost is 1000x more lyrical. And I don't see the Snoop comparison at all.

I've heard both guys call Rick an inspiration for being in the rap game.

I figured this poll would go badly. I wish there were more people 30 and up in this forum. You young bucks don't respect your history. Ghost 1000x more lyrical? GTFOH with that bullshit! Rick is more lyrical than Ghost. The only person in Wu more lyrical than Rick is GZA.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 11:14 pm

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Shaun wrote:

I figured this poll would go badly. I wish there were more people 30 and up in this forum. You young bucks don't respect your history. Ghost 1000x more lyrical? GTFOH with that bullshit! Rick is more lyrical than Ghost. The only person in Wu more lyrical than Rick is GZA.

Now KJ you are really going off the deep end with that. Ghost is waymore lyrical than Slick Rick. You like Powell just hold on to these 80's rap greats in their prime a little too much. You must truly start comparing rappers more objectively sometimes.

Anyway Slick Rick is top 40 for me. He's in the late 30's but thats not an option on the poll so I voted top 50. The man is one of the best period. His catalog is suspect as hell but as a rapper there's no doubt.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 11:21 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Shaun wrote:

Now KJ you are really going off the deep end with that. Ghost is waymore lyrical than Slick Rick. You like Powell just hold on to these 80's rap greats in their prime a little too much. You must truly start comparing rappers more objectively sometimes.

Anyway Slick Rick is top 40 for me. He's in the late 30's but thats not an option on the poll so I voted top 50. The man is one of the best period. His catalog is suspect as hell but as a rapper there's no doubt.

Ghost's lyrical skills are overrated because of the superb quality of his albums. But line for line, he's not fuckin with Slick Rick. Ghost is great because of his flow, swagger, and storytelling ability (the latter two were inspired by Ricky D). That said, both of them rank highly on my GOAT list, but for different reasons.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 11:21 pm

"I've heard both guys call Rick an inspiration for being in the rap game."

I was gonna bring this up when Slang said that, but now will do, too.

KJ, how many rappers have cited KRS as a big influence? How many of these rappers are smiliar to KRS whatsoever? Alright then.

And I like Slick Rick. He's no where near as lyrical as Ghost, though. His lack of material keeps him out of my top 50, probably.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 11:26 pm

Shaun wrote:
"I've heard both guys call Rick an inspiration for being in the rap game."

I was gonna bring this up when Slang said that, but now will do, too.

KJ, how many rappers have cited KRS as a big influence? How many of these rappers are smiliar to KRS whatsoever? Alright then.

And I like Slick Rick. He's no where near as lyrical as Ghost, though. His lack of material keeps him out of my top 50, probably.

I disagree, and might I point out that you have Cormega in your Top 50, yet he only has one more album than Rick does, and Rick murders him on the mic.

As far as influences are concerned, someone doesn't have to be a complete carbon copy of another to show that they were influenced by another. I can tell by Snoop's smooth delivery and Ghost's storytelling ability that they were both influenced by Ricky D.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 11:30 pm

I know they were influenced by him, but that doesn't make them similar, IMO.

And, I like Mega's music more than Rick's. I have two Cormega albums ranked higher than Great Adventures (The Realness and The True Meaning), and at least 4 higher than the rest of his albums.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 11:30 pm

Cormega slaughters Rick on the way every way imaginable, prisoner of the moment
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 11:33 pm

Ghost is heavily influenced by him i mean shit listen to "Jellyifish" for example

i think Ghost and Rick are about equal in terms of lyrical skill in different ways, but Rick never did anything to the extent of Cobra Clutch or Apollo Kids, then again Ghost never did some of the types of things Rick did.

and i mean how do you not see Rick in Ghost, just his fucking mannerisms mimic him...like the way he makes the weird noises on Hollow Bones or I Cant Go To Sleep, that is from Rick
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 11:35 pm

Stylistically, they are nothing alike. Ghost has a fast paced flow, Rick's is slower. Ghost uses a highly lyrical style, Rick's is more basic. Ghost has a vicious flow, Rick's is much more laid back. I really don't see similarities next to the storytelling abilities...
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 11:37 pm

Ghost's mannerisms, vocal style, storytelling, etc, even his flow on some songs is the closest weve seen to a reincarnation of The Ruler, easily
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 11:48 pm

Slick Rick is top 25 EASILY......fuck if he's from the 80's....the 70's or the 60's.....you small minded dudes get caught up far too often on what decade an emcee is from far more than me...Slick Rick is the GREATEST storytelling emcee of all-time easily...

Ghostface bit most of his style from that man....even though I do think Ghost is more lyrical than him it's not by much, trust me there...

Kill all of this if the emcee is not from post 2000 then he isn't evolved enough to make any greatest of all-time lists...that sounds like BULLSHIT....HORSESHIT....COW SHIT and any other kind of shit that exist....respect an emcees skills who cares if he happened to be born before your young ass...that does not mean he isn't a dope emcee...dudes on here wanna suck Slaine's nuts or ride Vakill's sack but disrespect Slick fuckin Rick???

C'MON SON GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE WITH THAT BULLSHIT!
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 11:50 pm

"Ghost's mannerisms, vocal style, storytelling, etc, even his flow on some songs is the closest weve seen to a reincarnation of The Ruler, easily"

I would have to give that to Snoop. His whole evrything is Slick Rick, all day.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 11:52 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
"Ghost's mannerisms, vocal style, storytelling, etc, even his flow on some songs is the closest weve seen to a reincarnation of The Ruler, easily"

I would have to give that to Snoop. His whole evrything is Slick Rick, all day.

oh yea, definitely agree there too
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 11:55 pm

"Kill all of this if the emcee is not from post 2000 then he isn't evolved enough to make any greatest of all-time lists"

Besides Parker (who's list is based soley on lyricism), who else's list is like that?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 12:16 am

Steve Knight wrote:
Cormega slaughters Rick on the way every way imaginable, prisoner of the moment

Nah, YOU'RE a prisoner of the moment. Rick makes Mega sound like fuckin Souljah Boy.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 12:17 am

Ha. Hi Hater!!!! Slick Rick top 50??????/ 858660
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 12:18 am

D.Powell wrote:
Slick Rick is top 25 EASILY......fuck if he's from the 80's....the 70's or the 60's.....you small minded dudes get caught up far too often on what decade an emcee is from far more than me...Slick Rick is the GREATEST storytelling emcee of all-time easily...

Ghostface bit most of his style from that man....even though I do think Ghost is more lyrical than him it's not by much, trust me there...

Kill all of this if the emcee is not from post 2000 then he isn't evolved enough to make any greatest of all-time lists...that sounds like BULLSHIT....HORSESHIT....COW SHIT and any other kind of shit that exist....respect an emcees skills who cares if he happened to be born before your young ass...that does not mean he isn't a dope emcee...dudes on here wanna suck Slaine's nuts or ride Vakill's sack but disrespect Slick fuckin Rick???

C'MON SON GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE WITH THAT BULLSHIT!

Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 12:19 am

Wow...you're cosigning Powell? Fucking lapdog.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 12:20 am

Shaun wrote:
Ha. Hi Hater!!!! Slick Rick top 50??????/ 858660

Slick Rick light years better than Cormega. I ain't hatin, Mega is good I just think he's overrated by guys like you, Steve, and SRP. He's nowhere near as skilled as Slick Rick.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 12:23 am

I know how you feel about dude. Personally, I'll take Mega's street tales and lyrics over Ricky D's stories any day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 12:27 am

Kid Joe wrote:

I ain't no fuckin lapdog, I just agree with his opinion.

You guys act as if every 80's rapper is inferior to every 2000's rapper and that's BULLSHIT. Slick Rick is easily one of the best that ever done it.

20 years after the release of Great Adventures Of Slick Rick, people are STILL talking about and bumpin it. That proves that he's an all time great. Anybody who says otherwise doesn't know what the fuck they're talking about.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 12:30 am

Kid Joe wrote:

Are you jealous that NOBODY ever co-signs you joseph??? your one of the main idiots I was referring too....your one of those "the game has evolved too much for the 80's" kinda cats...the game is too scientific for the 80's huh joseph??

GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE leonard!
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 12:37 am

"You guys act as if every 80's rapper is inferior to every 2000's rapper and that's BULLSHIT. Slick Rick is easily one of the best that ever done it.

Again with the 'you guys'? A very small handful of people have made claims similar to that...

"20 years after the release of Great Adventures Of Slick Rick, people are STILL talking about and bumpin it. That proves that he's an all time great.""

Not to split hairs, but that makes the album an all time great..
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 12:43 am

D.Powell wrote:
Kid Joe wrote:

Are you jealous that NOBODY ever co-signs you joseph??? your one of the main idiots I was referring too....your one of those "the game has evolved too much for the 80's" kinda cats...the game is too scientific for the 80's huh joseph??

GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE leonard!

you hurthatI'm picking on your son, Powell? In what way are you insulted by what I wrote there?
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 12:44 am

heads who seem to feel that the game has "evolved and gotten much more complex" than it ever was before include:

joseph
Pac Jr.
Jeffrey
Jason
K.Rob

those are the first ones that come to mind for me as dudes that really honestly seem to believe that these post 2000 lyricists are doing it waay better than the ones that came before them, but outside of joseph go look at their top 10 emcees of all-time lists and then tell me whose talking BULLSHIT??? lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 12:45 am

D.Powell wrote:
heads who seem to feel that the game has "evolved and gotten much more complex" than it ever was before include:

joseph
Pac Jr.
Jeffrey
Jason
K.Rob

those are the first ones that come to mind for me as dudes that really honestly seem to believe that these post 2000 lyricists are doing it waay better than the ones that came before them, but outside of joseph go look at their top 10 emcees of all-time lists and then tell me whose talking BULLSHIT??? lol

Add Pedro and Tran to that list
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 3:07 am

I love how KJ keeps me in his mouth even when I'm not around. He's just like Mrs. Evans, she likes to keep me in her mouth at all times.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 6:24 am

Yeah KJ, Slick Rick is so much better, record labels are beating down his door.

There is a reason he hasnt put an album out in over 11 years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 8:05 am

And let's all take this moment to laugh at kj for calling me a prisoner of the moment for liking a rapper more that debuted over 16 years ago.

Pause.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 8:22 am

Steve Knight wrote:
Yeah KJ, Slick Rick is so much better, record labels are beating down his door.

There is a reason he hasnt put an album out in over 11 years.

Hey Steven did you ever think that maybe he doesn't want to put out an album anymore?? maybe he just wants to appear on whatever it is that he wants to appear on at this point in his career...he was on a single with Asher Roth about a year or so ago...at this point Slick Rick can do whatever it is that he wants to do man with or without Steven's permission...he's earned that man...he's a president in this hip-hop game free to move about as he feels...I mean Craig G as an example just released a new album in 2008 so why the fuck would Slick Rick have any problems getting a record deal??? there's a bunch of record labels out there who would sign him if he's interested in making any new material....what you just said was kinda stupid man!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 8:26 am

"Rumours suggested that Walters planned to release a new album, "The Adventure Continues," in 2007. However, in a recent XXL Magazine interview, he denied the claim.[20] Rick is supposedly "waiting for a market to open up for a mature audience."

Shut up punk.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 8:33 am

Exactly that proves my point dipstick....he basically doing what the fuck he feels like doing Steven...you can't see that?? your making it seem like he can't get a recording deal or something and that is so far from the truth..

if he's "waiting" then let him wait...that's his choice...he's earned the right to do whatever it is that he wants to do....if Slick Rick never made anymore new material ever again, he could still hold an entire arena on his old school shit...trust me there....Slick Rick is a major part of hip-hop's landscape...how your not seeing this makes me wonder what the fuck is wrong with you?? learn your hip-hop history man....hip-hop didn't start in 2000 dum-may!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 8:39 am

LMAO! I knew your limited ass would read it as such, where someone who isn't a complete fool would read it as: there is no market for me. I'm not going to release an album.

You think labels want him huh man? Is Slick Rick so rich from all his lawyer fees and jail time that he doesn't need all the MILLIONS they MUST be offering hi baby bubba?

To modify Jay's quote, he has had one hot album in a 45 year average. Keep killing hip-hop by being stuck on the old shit's dick man! It's helping a lot! It's a great look!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 8:43 am

Let me pre-empt the " I DO MORE FOR HIP HOP THAN ANYONE EVER LOL!!!!"

When's the last time you put out word for an artist's record?

How many shows you been to recently?

How many new dudes you been supporting financially...not many that's for damn sure.

No, you keep saying "OMG one-trick ponies like Slick Rick are the GOAT! I don't bother with any other region but NYC but I keep hip-hop alive baby bubba!"

To speak in business terms, is it economically viable to keep dependent on one outdated, poor source of income or find viable new ones? I sure hope you run your business better than that man, you've got a family to feed!
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 8:49 am

Slick Rick is already comfortable....but you wouldn't know that huh?? you think he's not still making money on his old albums?? you think KRS is not still making money on his old albums?? you think Sadat doesn't still receive royalty checks on One For All??

you really believe this Steven??

cause if you do then I've gotta a bridge in brooklyn to sell you and on that bridge is some of the best pussy you'll ever get dum-may

in this aspect of hip-hop YOUR CLUELESS and the more you answer me the more I can see it....ya don't know shit with this one right here...

the only heads making MILLIONS in hip-hop music right now are Lil Wayne...Diddy....Jay-Z....Eminem.....Baby....Kanye....Dr.Dre....50 Cent and a few select others....since the game has gone digital it has cut into a bunch of profits...there isn't money in the music game like there used to be....plain and simple....I thought most heads knew this already...the money has been sapped up meaning if you didn't already get your slice then you can forget about it....you need an education in hip-hop business my dude...your still stuck in the past if you really believe some of that BULLSHIT you just wrote man....stop being stubborn and go doing some reading on the subject and stop pulling up random BULLSHIT internet quotes dum-may!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 8:55 am

LMAO!

When's the last time KRS released an album? 2010
How about your so-called "cousin"? 2010

Learn about economics dum-may!
1. Jay-Z - 35 Million
2. Diddy - 30 Million
3. Kanye West - 25 Million
4. 50 Cent - 20 Million
5. Akon - 20 Million
6. Lil Wayne - 18 Million
7. Timbaland - 17 Million
8. Pharrell - 16 Million
9. T-Pain - 15 Million
10. Eminem - 14 Million
11. Dr.Dre - 13 Million
12. Snoop Dogg - 11 Million
13. Ludacris - 10 Million
14. Common - 8 Million
15. Will.I.Am - 8 Million
16. T.I. - 8 Million
17. Swizz Beatz - 8 Million
18. Andre 3000 - 7 Million
19. Big Boi- 7 Million
20. Flo-Rida - 6 Million
21. Rick Ross - 6 Million
22. The Game - 6 Million
23. Young Jeezy- 6 Million

Let's see, you listed 8, here are 15 others, select few huh? And I am willing to bet at least 50, if not more made 1 million. GET A CLUE!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 8:57 am

And notice how you didn't answer my questions, and I don't expect you to have an answer as to why Sadat and KRS are still rappin' in 2K10. It's okay. You killed hip-hop.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 8:58 am

the only hip-hop "shows" I've gone to this year was Sadat's album release party in March...that's about it for this year

how many have you gone to this year??

As far as BUYING hip-hop music...that's all I do you freeloader....I mean downloader....I constantly support hip-hop music and culture.....there is no way your buying more hip-hop music then I am...you couldn't afford too Steve..straight up my lil dude...

as for how I run my business well I've been in business for over 8 years now...so the business head is screwed on pretty straight my dude...the family Thank You Lord is pretty blessed.....

as for your "find viable new ones" quote as I just said earlier the hip-hop game needs a complete make over to become profitable again like it once was.......the money no longer exists like it used too except for shows and to do shows and your a brand new artist then nobody is going to come out unless you can get a veteran like a Slick Rick to appear on the bill with you.....plain and common sense dipstick.......GO READ A FUCKIN BOOK! lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 9:01 am

LMAO!

Really Powell, list for me all the hip-hop you've bought this year. Come on dude! Shouldn't be hard, hope you've gotten at least 50 albums my dude.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 9:05 am

1. Jay-Z - 35 Million
2. Diddy - 30 Million
3. Kanye West - 25 Million
4. 50 Cent - 20 Million
5. Akon - 20 Million
6. Lil Wayne - 18 Million
7. Timbaland - 17 Million
8. Pharrell - 16 Million
9. T-Pain - 15 Million
10. Eminem - 14 Million
11. Dr.Dre - 13 Million
12. Snoop Dogg - 11 Million
13. Ludacris - 10 Million
14. Common - 8 Million
15. Will.I.Am - 8 Million
16. T.I. - 8 Million
17. Swizz Beatz - 8 Million
18. Andre 3000 - 7 Million
19. Big Boi- 7 Million
20. Flo-Rida - 6 Million
21. Rick Ross - 6 Million
22. The Game - 6 Million
23. Young Jeezy- 6 Million

Ummm Steven there's very few on that list who got "rich" after 2000...most of those heads already had money before that year ever crossed.......but remember I don't use sales as a barometer when I'm talking about QUALITY hip-hop.....I'm not bumping Flo-Rida.....Young Jeezy....Will.I.Am(Black Eyed Peas)....etc..etc...maybe you are supporting that kind of hip-hop which means your a teenaged BEYOTCH with braces and brand new tits....not me my dude.....like I said the money in hip-hop overall is dried the fuck up...plain and simple.....dum-may....go read and research...you'll feel much better in the morning
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 9:09 am

Rick is one of the most unique and influential rappers of all time. Top 40.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 9:09 am

Steve Knight wrote:
LMAO!

Really Powell, list for me all the hip-hop you've bought this year. Come on dude! Shouldn't be hard, hope you've gotten at least 50 albums my dude.

Steven I'm not listing shit my dude....I've already done plenty of lists for your extra overly hyped ass in the past...what does that do to change your opinion about something??

over the past 3 years I've bought all kinds of hip-hop I get rec'ed here on the regular.....I don't do downloads....plain and simple...I fully support hip-hop music....you on the other hand look for the cheap way out....like a golddigging bitch who wants a discount.....why don't you just go to the store and steal a fuckin CD....at least then I could respect you more.....
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 9:15 am

Steve Knight wrote:
And notice how you didn't answer my questions, and I don't expect you to have an answer as to why Sadat and KRS are still rappin' in 2K10. It's okay. You killed hip-hop.

they both still love doing it.....plain and simple....Dee gets his money from his shows, not that piss shit contract he signed with Fatbeats (another one that is dried up and out)

but he can live comfortably by his name and using that name to get show dates....I'm sure it's the samething for Kris too.....as for why they still record new material...well they still want too...that's why...plain and simple....some choose too and some don't...it's a choice Steven...what part aren't you getting??? slowbox!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 9:17 am

Let me list mine for you baby bubba!

Ice Cube - Laugh Now Cry Later
DJ Quik & Kurrupt - Blakqout
Diamond D - Stuns, Blunts & Hip-Hop
Wu-Tang Clan - The W
DMX - Grand Champ
Pharoahe Monch - Desire
Ghostface Killah - Fishscale
Clipse - Til the Casket Drops
Planet Asia - Grand Opening
Planet Asia - The Medicine
Killah Priest - Heavy Mental
Jeru the Damaja - Wrath of the Math
Jadakiss - Kiss tha Game Goodbye
DMX - Great Depression
Sunz of Man - Last Shall Be First
Mobb Deep - Infamy
Mobb Deep - Amerikaz Nightmare
D12- Devil's Night
Black Market Militia - Black Market Militia
The Jacka - Jack Artist
The Jacka - Tear Gas
Royce Da 5'9" - Street Hop
Kid Cudi - Man on the Moon
Lupe Fiasco - Food & Liquor
Gangstarr - Mass Appeal
Royce Da 5'9" - Death is Certain
Bronze Nazareth - Food for Thought
Prodigy - HNIC
Prodigy - Return of the Mac
9th & Buckshot - The Formula
Nas - Lost Tapes
Canibus - For Whom the Beat Tolls
Bizzy Bone - A Song 4 U
Alchemist - Chemical Warfare
Nicolay & Kay - Time:Line
Sean Price - Jesus Price Superstar

2K10 Albums:

Trill OG
Distant Relatives
ADIDAS (Twice)
100 Wayz
Recovery
How I Got Over
DAAM
Stimulus Package
Album of the Year
Heroin
100 Proof
Melatonin Magik
More Pigface Weaponwaist
3 Day Theory
Clock of Destiny
Sir Lucious Leftfoot
Uni5
Season of the Assassin
War Report 2

I know I'm forgetting some 2k10, I'll add as I remember!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slick Rick top 50??????/
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next