Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Slick Rick top 50??????/

Go down 
+8
Myestro
Jason
Norfeest
E. Taylor
parker lewis
D.Powell
Shaun
Laced With Slang
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who ya got
Top 5
Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Vote_lcap17%Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 17% [ 2 ]
Top 10
Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Vote_lcap8%Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Top 25
Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Vote_lcap17%Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 17% [ 2 ]
Top 50
Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Vote_lcap42%Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 42% [ 5 ]
Top 100
Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Neither
Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Vote_lcap16%Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 16% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 10:53 am

affraid to death mane(mayne)

He He
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 11:28 am

Powell, if you don't order those Statik albums, then Steve is right.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 12:13 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
I love how KJ keeps me in his mouth even when I'm not around. He's just like Mrs. Evans, she likes to keep me in her mouth at all times.

I love how Pedro knows his vocab is limited so he resorts to talking about my mother. My mom wouldn't go near your dick. Besides, that shits so small you jerk off with a Cheerio.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 12:42 pm

Word...Slick Rick is probably the greatest story teller the game has seen. There's a reason why artist in 00's still ask him for a guest verse. There's a reason he makes cameos in Jay-Z, Busta Rhymes, Ludacris, and anybody else who makes videos who are relevant. Your favorite rappers rapper is Slick Rick, and if he isn't...he's not relevant. Slick Rick has been sampled more times that any other rapper, ever, and his influence can still be seen today with oversized chains and jewels , gaudy clothes, and outlandish boasts. It's hard to find anyone that compares with him.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 12:49 pm

LBT/Animosity wrote:
Word...Slick Rick is probably the greatest story teller the game has seen. There's a reason why artist in 00's still ask him for a guest verse. There's a reason he makes cameos in Jay-Z, Busta Rhymes, Ludacris, and anybody else who makes videos who are relevant. Your favorite rappers rapper is Slick Rick, and if he isn't...he's not relevant. Slick Rick has been sampled more times that any other rapper, ever, and his influence can still be seen today with oversized chains and jewels , gaudy clothes, and outlandish boasts. It's hard to find anyone that compares with him.

exactly man he is a walking talking legend

when i was at Rock the Bells a few years ago and Meth/Red were performing all Rick had to do was walk on stage with his Crown, fur Cape, and huge chain and the place erupted, didnt even perform or say a word, all dude has to do is appear places and raise his hand and he gets recognized...the man is an icon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 1:26 pm

LBT/Animosity wrote:

I think Rakim was the most sampled, but I co-sign everything else you said. Anybody who doesn't consider him one of the all time greats has shitty rap taste. You've already become one of my favorite posters Big Grin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 1:42 pm

So now I have shitty rap tastes KJ?

Shaking My Head

And 2Pac & Biggie are the most sampled by far bro.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 1:43 pm

2Pac is hardly sampled at all...what are you talking about?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 1:48 pm

Steve Knight wrote:
So now I have shitty rap tastes KJ?

Shaking My Head

And 2Pac & Biggie are the most sampled by far bro.

Honestly Steve, it's questionable. Other than Ice Cube and Chuck D you show little to no respect for anyone who rapped pre-1990.

I wouldn't say your taste is among the forums worst, but it's not among the best either because you're very closed minded.

Last edited by Eastern Rap Pro on Sat 04 Sep 2010, 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 1:52 pm

I didn't see what Parker said, but he is sampled quite frequently. Just as much if not moreso than Biggie - I wish they had a definitive list somewhere, that would be neat to look at.

I respect 2Pac, who rapped in the 80's, Ice Cube, NWA, LL, Chuck D, Rakim, DJ Quik, and others. Nobody important missing from that list.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 2:00 pm

Steve Knight wrote:
I didn't see what Parker said, but he is sampled quite frequently. Just as much if not moreso than Biggie - I wish they had a definitive list somewhere, that would be neat to look at.

I respect 2Pac, who rapped in the 80's, Ice Cube, NWA, LL, Chuck D, Rakim, DJ Quik, and others. Nobody important missing from that list.

So you're telling me that Run-DMC, KRS-One, Slick Rick, Big Daddy Kane, Ice T, Beastie Boys, and the like weren't important?? Dude you need to check yourself.

It's one thing to say that they aren't your favs, it's another to say that they aren't important. That's some straight up BULLSHIT! Hell, Run-DMC is EASILY the most important act in history. Without them rap likely would have NEVER gone mainstream.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 2:02 pm

You didn't see what I said, but you knowI was questioning 2Pac and not Biggie? Dummy...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 2:17 pm

I left off BDK, G Rap, KRS, and ICE-T by accident.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 2:21 pm

Steve Knight wrote:
I left off BDK, G Rap, KRS, and ICE-T by accident.

There's more that I forgot to mention as well but all that I did are important. EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM!

Just because certain artists aren't among your favs doesn't make them unimportant.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 2:30 pm

Not important to me
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 3:36 pm

SMH whatever man. If it weren't for Run DMC, hip-hop would have never become mainstream and would have folded like Disco. That's not an opinion, that's a FACT.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 3:37 pm

What does that have to do with this discussion, KJ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 04 Sep 2010, 3:40 pm

Kid Joe wrote:

Steve was trying to say that only the artists he listed from the 80's are important, and that's bullshit so I countered him.

Slick Rick invented storytelling rap, anyone who think he's not important is a damn fool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 2:31 pm

I can't recall 2-Pac rapping in the 80's. Maybe dancing for Digital Underground....not rapping. Hip-Hop probably wouldn't have crossover as easily without the Beasties. There are some ignorant-ass statements in this thread. Run-DMC is in the the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame for a reason.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 2:34 pm

LBT/Animosity wrote:
I can't recall 2-Pac rapping in the 80's. Maybe dancing for Digital Underground....not rapping. Hip-Hop probably wouldn't have crossover as easily without the Beasties. There are some ignorant-ass statements in this thread. Run-DMC is in the the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame for a reason.

Co-Sign 100%. Pac's debut was on Same Song in 1991, and you're right. RUN-DMC is indeed in the Rock N Roll HOF for a reason. If it wasn't for them, hip-hop would have become nothing more than a passing fad and would have folded like Disco did.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 2:39 pm

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
LBT/Animosity wrote:

Co-Sign 100%. Pac's debut was on Same Song in 1991, and you're right. RUN-DMC is indeed in the Rock N Roll HOF for a reason. If it wasn't for them, hip-hop would have become nothing more than a passing fad and would have folded like Disco did.

Co-sign, you guys both shouldn't speak of that which you know nothing about - it's also funny you think a movement, which is what hip-hop was, needed mainstream appeal to continue progressing. It's laughable that you keep trumpeting that fact, really.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beginnings:_The_Lost_Tapes_1988%E2%80%931991

So, once again, I ask those of you who are ignorant of a subject to not speak on it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 2:48 pm

http://theurbandaily.com/theurbandaily-original/shamika-sanders/earth-day-the-10-most-recycled-rappers/

I found this link above which says 2Pac is probably the most sampled and other links that Slick Rick may be.

http://www.whosampled.com/artist/2Pac/

Here's another from a database.

http://www.whosampled.com/sampled/Slick%20Rick/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 2:51 pm

Steve Knight wrote:
Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
LBT/Animosity wrote:

Co-sign, you guys both shouldn't speak of that which you know nothing about - it's also funny you think a movement, which is what hip-hop was, needed mainstream appeal to continue progressing. It's laughable that you keep trumpeting that fact, really.

So, once again, I ask those of you who are ignorant of a subject to not speak on it.

So, technically your right and technically your wrong, being this shit was never released in the 80's? So, this is his debut album?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 2:52 pm

Definitely not even the slightest bit wrong. I said he was rapping in the 80's, I didn't say what his debut was, his first studio release, anything of the sort.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 2:56 pm

Who counts that? 2-Pac was not an artist of the 80's.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 2:59 pm

If someone made tracks in a studio, they most definitely were rapping in that decade. I don't care if it meets LBT criteria or not, it meets the criteria of any rational person.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 3:17 pm

A rational person wouldn't put 2 Pac in the same group, because he recorded some studio tracks in the 80's, with NWA, Rakim, and L.L. as a respected artist of the 80's . You could put Jay-Z in that group and just about every rapper in the early-90's.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 3:56 pm

Cormega started in the 80's
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 7:33 pm

"Hip-Hop would have been a fad were it not for three men in tight clothes who sold out"

is like 1000X more disrespectful than:

"fuck run dmc"

this movement would have been different, but just as strong, if the preppy guys wouldn't have sold out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 7:35 pm

Steve Knight wrote:
Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
LBT/Animosity wrote:

How you gonna tell me about what I do and don't know. Pac might have started rhyming in the 80's but NOBODY on a national level knew who he was UNTIL he appeared on Same Song. That's a FACT.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 7:39 pm

Okay, two things tons of fun:

One, nobody on a national level knows of Chalie Boy, for the most part, does that mean he's not rapping? Or a little known group called East Coast Corruption out of FL, does that mean they're not rapping too? You need nationwide notoriety to be considered a rapper?

Second, I never claimed anyone knew him nationally in the 80's, merely that he was rapping. What's so tough for you to admit being wrong?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 7:43 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
"Hip-Hop would have been a fad were it not for three men in tight clothes who sold out"

is like 1000X more disrespectful than:

"fuck run dmc"

this movement would have been different, but just as strong, if the preppy guys wouldn't have sold out.

You're the most ignorant SOB alive, always talking out of your constipated ass. Men in tight clothes selling out???? Bitch you didn't live back then! Everyone in the rap game has paid homage to Run, DMC, and Jam Master Jay.

Who the fuck "sold out"? Not Run-DMC. They didn't sell out, they made it possible for the game to evolve and be heard by more than just NY radio. If it wasn't for them. Hip-Hop wouldn't have branched out worldwide. Which means they'd be no UGK's, K-Rino's, Mac Dre, and all of your other heroes that you worship. Nor would they be 2Pac's, Killah Priests, and the heroes that YOUR HERO Steve worships.

And that's the 100% truth. You two don't wanna respect them because they're not among your so-called favs, but everything myself and LBT have said is 100% correct.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 7:45 pm

KJ, people pay respect to the non-writing corporate puppets that were the Sugarhill Gang, but that doesn't make them anything more than what they really are.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 7:46 pm

Steve Knight wrote:
Okay, two things tons of fun:

One, nobody on a national level knows of Chalie Boy, for the most part, does that mean he's not rapping? Or a little known group called East Coast Corruption out of FL, does that mean they're not rapping too? You need nationwide notoriety to be considered a rapper?

Second, I never claimed anyone knew him nationally in the 80's, merely that he was rapping. What's so tough for you to admit being wrong?

First of all, since when is weighing 250 "tons of fun"?

Secondly, you tried to make it sound like I was a fool for not knowing something that 90% or more people didn't know, so that's why I came at you like that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 7:46 pm

I think he was referring to the girls you fuck, not your weight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 7:48 pm

No, you tried to make me look like a fool for asserting something I knew to be truth, which you didn't. So I had to rectify the situation.

http://www.annecollins.com/weight-loss/weight-chart.htm

You are overweight Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 7:48 pm

If Run DMC hadn't sold out, someone else would have sold out and we'd be in the same place. What Run DMC did was sell out, you love them, and you would suck JMJ's shriveled dried cock in his coffin if you could, I understand that, but Run DMC still sold out, they made dope music for their time, but they sold out.

Someone else would have sold out and this game would have exploded just the way it did. Some things may have changed, some things may have been different, but the game would be the game. Mac Dre and UGK and K-Rino weren't little radio play puppets like you, they weren't mainstream little hos waiting for the radio to tell them what to do. They were bumping shit they heard and underground shit and would have been rapping just the same were it not for the preppy 3.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 7:56 pm

Jeff wrote:
KJ, people pay respect to the non-writing corporate puppets that were the Sugarhill Gang, but that doesn't make them anything more than what they really are.

That's an entirely different subject Jeff. Besides, the only person in Sugarhill that didn't write their own lyrics was Big Bank Hank. I agree that Grandmaster Caz should have gotten his royalties though.

While I respect them, they cannot be compared to Run-DMC because when they blew up, the rap game expanded and doors were opened to more MC's and hip-hop became an official genre.

If you guys would have come up when I did you'd understand it better. Back then, radio stations weren't playing hip-hop very often except for the urban stations on Friday and Saturday nights. You'd rarely see rap videos back then either until a show called Video Music Box debuted in the NY/NJ/CT area, and then Yo! MTV Raps debuted in 1988, and the same year rap finally got it's own catagory in music awards shows, including the Grammys. Run-DMC made that all possible.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 7:59 pm

Steve Knight wrote:
No, you tried to make me look like a fool for asserting something I knew to be truth, which you didn't. So I had to rectify the situation.

http://www.annecollins.com/weight-loss/weight-chart.htm

You are overweight Sad

I don't give a fuck what some crack ass saltine thinks. I'm in above average shape for my size.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 8:05 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
If Run DMC hadn't sold out, someone else would have sold out and we'd be in the same place. What Run DMC did was sell out, you love them, and you would suck JMJ's shriveled dried cock in his coffin if you could, I understand that, but Run DMC still sold out, they made dope music for their time, but they sold out.

Someone else would have sold out and this game would have exploded just the way it did. Some things may have changed, some things may have been different, but the game would be the game. Mac Dre and UGK and K-Rino weren't little radio play puppets like you, they weren't mainstream little hos waiting for the radio to tell them what to do. They were bumping shit they heard and underground shit and would have been rapping just the same were it not for the preppy 3.

SMH @ Preppy 3. The more you open your mouth, the more ignorant you sound.

Saying what you just said is like claiming that civil rights would have been possible without MLK. Of course, you probably believe that bullshit too, dumbass. You and intelligence don't mix.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 8:07 pm

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Jeff wrote:

That's an entirely different subject Jeff. Besides, the only person in Sugarhill that didn't write their own lyrics was Big Bank Hank. I agree that Grandmaster Caz should have gotten his royalties though.

While I respect them, they cannot be compared to Run-DMC because when they blew up, the rap game expanded and doors were opened to more MC's and hip-hop became an official genre.

If you guys would have come up when I did you'd understand it better. Back then, radio stations weren't playing hip-hop very often except for the urban stations on Friday and Saturday nights. You'd rarely see rap videos back then either until a show called Video Music Box debuted in the NY/NJ/CT area, and then Yo! MTV Raps debuted in 1988, and the same year rap finally got it's own catagory in music awards shows, including the Grammys. Run-DMC made that all possible.

So you won't give props to the OG group that started it all, but the group that paved the way for Souljah Boi to be on MTV, they're legendary?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 8:08 pm

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

Saying what you just said is like claiming that civil rights would have been possible without MLK. Of course, you probably believe that bullshit too, dumbass. You and intelligence don't mix.

I think African Americans as a people are resilient and strong enough to have fought for and won their civil rights by now even if MLK was never born. Sorry to hear you disagree.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 8:11 pm

Jeff wrote:
Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Jeff wrote:

So you won't give props to the OG group that started it all, but the group that paved the way for Souljah Boi to be on MTV, they're legendary?

I just said I gave props to Sugarhill Gang. They were one of the groups that started it all, but Run-DMC expanded the game.

I bet if someone like Tech N9ne or Haystak or Ill Bill did what Run-DMC did you'd worship the ground they walked on. But because they aren't among your favs like SRP and Steve you don't give them any respect. That shit is lame. But whatever, I recognize the real.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 8:12 pm

Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Kid Joe wrote:

Steve was trying to say that only the artists he listed from the 80's are important, and that's bullshit so I countered him.

Slick Rick invented storytelling rap, anyone who think he's not important is a damn fool.

Slick Rick did not invent no fucking story telling rap. Early rap was mostly in story form anyway. Too Short, Sugarhill, and others were telling stories before Slickster. Rick may be one of the most known story tellers but he did not invent the shit.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 8:13 pm

"I bet if someone like Tech N9ne or Haystak or Ill Bill did what Run-DMC did you'd worship the ground they walked on. But because they aren't among your favs like SRP and Steve you don't give them any respect. That shit is lame. But whatever, I recognize the real."

?
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 8:13 pm

Rapper's Delight had mini stories in it. But, since Ricky D invented story telling rap, it must not have counted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 8:16 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

I think African Americans as a people are resilient and strong enough to have fought for and won their civil rights by now even if MLK was never born. Sorry to hear you disagree.

Ignorance is indeed bliss. MLK fought for not only African Americans but ALL minorities, including you hispanics.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 8:17 pm

Shaun wrote:
Rapper's Delight had mini stories in it. But, since Ricky D invented story telling rap, it must not have counted.

Why the fuck you always riding the dick of someone whom I'm debating against? It happens EVERY TIME without fail. Seriously Shaun, that shit is gay.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 8:20 pm

LOL @ MLK getting us Civil Rights

You've got to be one of the GOD DAMN DUMBEST black men ever

Huey P
Malcolm X
Marcus Garvey
W.E.B. Dubois

AND A TON OF OTHERS!!!! Were just as influential, and Huey P and Malcolm were DEFINITELY more influential.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Sep 2010, 8:21 pm

And Run Dmc were semi sell outs but I understand why they did. The whole rock infused hip hop was only for crossover appeal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slick Rick top 50??????/   Slick Rick top 50??????/ - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slick Rick top 50??????/
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next