Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll

Go down 
+16
D.Powell
parker lewis
Half
chingy > nas
PKT
Esco
Jason
Norfeest
arokone
Jack of Spades
Laced With Slang
Alan
Dang! Trotter
T. Myers
Shaun
CABNumber
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Pick
KRS One has sucked for a few years
Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll Vote_lcap55%Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll Vote_rcap
 55% [ 11 ]
KRS One is still dope
Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll Vote_lcap45%Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll Vote_rcap
 45% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 20

AuthorMessage

Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll Empty
PostSubject: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll Icon_minitimeFri 08 Oct 2010, 11:11 pm

Where you at?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll Icon_minitimeFri 08 Oct 2010, 11:13 pm

KRS has had his moments of lucidity, but I'd say he's been wack for the better part of a decade
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll Icon_minitimeFri 08 Oct 2010, 11:37 pm

Looks like Beavis (Jeff) and Butthead (SRP) are at it again
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll Icon_minitimeFri 08 Oct 2010, 11:48 pm

Dude, I could have listed a much more appropriate name for the second option like "I don't have ears" but instead I was civil. I expect as much from every one else.
Back to top Go down
CABNumber
Half Dolla
Half Dolla
CABNumber

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll Icon_minitimeSat 09 Oct 2010, 2:03 am

I think KRS has had his moment even today but I wound say he's got it anymore. Something that always annoyed me about KRS is the fact that he thinks he know everything about everything basically a know-it-all. That Real-Talk video on that thread where he's talking about how you cant be rich and make real Hip-Hop GTFOH with that shit son thats not true at all. Shaking My Head
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll Icon_minitimeSat 09 Oct 2010, 3:12 am

"Something that always annoyed me about KRS is the fact that he thinks he know everything about everything basically a know-it-all"

I agree with that. KRS is, and will be my GOAT until Face makes something that I listen to more than anything else, but his lyrics have slipped a lot. He's rapping about the same ish as he was on his first solos, but without the intensity and wordplay that he used to have. I have, however, enjoyed Adventures... and Maximum Strength. Survival Skills was good, but I feel Buckshot outshinded him (and I hold Buckshot in much lower regard than KRS), and I haven't heard anything after that. I don't want to buy his newest EP, either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll Icon_minitimeSat 09 Oct 2010, 1:46 pm

KRS has been in the game for 25 years so you can't expect him to sound like he did back then. Nobody does. He's still one of the best rappers of all time because what he did from 1986-1997 trumps 99% of MC's careers. I can't think of too many guys who have 7 albums which you can make an argument for being classic in ANY genre. So even if he never makes another great album again, he's not dropping off of my GOAT list.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll Icon_minitimeSat 09 Oct 2010, 2:20 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
KRS has been in the game for 25 years so you can't expect him to sound like he did back then. Nobody does. He's still one of the best rappers of all time because what he did from 1986-1997 trumps 99% of MC's careers. I can't think of too many guys who have 7 albums which you can make an argument for being classic in ANY genre. So even if he never makes another great album again, he's not dropping off of my GOAT list.

That's my stance on KRS's legacy, but i don't have a hard time calling him on his bullshit like some people do either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll Icon_minitimeSat 09 Oct 2010, 3:11 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:

That's my stance on KRS's legacy, but i don't have a hard time calling him on his bullshit like some people do either.

And that's fine. If he drops a wack album then so be it. But the problem I have is when people who were never really fans of his to begin with start talking shit. I mean really, someone who didn't like him in his prime certainly isn't gonna like him now.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll Icon_minitimeSat 09 Oct 2010, 3:20 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:

And that's fine. If he drops a wack album then so be it. But the problem I have is when people who were never really fans of his to begin with start talking shit. I mean really, someone who didn't like him in his prime certainly isn't gonna like him now.

Well, that's a double edged sword IMO. Their opinion is not less valid than yours or mine, but would i take their opinion on a KRS album to heart? No.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll Icon_minitimeSat 09 Oct 2010, 3:30 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:

Well, that's a double edged sword IMO. Their opinion is not less valid than yours or mine, but would i take their opinion on a KRS album to heart? No.

I don't take their opinion to heart either, I just think it's pointless and lame for someone to criticize a man in the twilight of his career when they didn't like his classic material. If a person doesn't like Criminal Minded or BAMN, then of course they're not gonna like Survival Skills or Meta-Historical.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll Icon_minitimeSat 09 Oct 2010, 5:19 pm

Who said I don't like BDP's material? Seriously?

And I like Survival Skills, it's like a 3.5 album. KRS One just plays himself farrrr too much to be taken seriously.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct 2010, 4:34 pm

Sneak Attack was KRS last album were he displayed a mantra of talent that we were used to from all his years in the game. Sure the beats were forgettable but KRS ONE at his peak don't need hot beats just a base line. Nowadays he can get ahold of A-List production but his skill is slippin'
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct 2010, 8:25 pm

Cosign Shaun, I liked Maximum Strength & Adventures In Emceein for sure. I'd give them 4 stars. Hell, and I still dig Hip Hop Lives and Life as well. While I didn't care for Survival Skills, and haven't heard the new one yet, I doubt that would make me think he just sucks altogether now.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct 2010, 9:57 pm

i dont think he flatout sucks i just think hes waaaay too preachy and he talks about hip hop being dead way too much. in terms of old school MC's i still rank Slick Rick, G Rap, and Rakim ahead of him, but KRS wil always be one of the greats, what he does now doesnt really matter but ill be the first to admit im not jumping out of my seat checking for his shit
Back to top Go down
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Jack of Spades

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll Icon_minitimeTue 12 Oct 2010, 10:54 pm

Aw COM'ON!!
Back to top Go down
arokone
Jazz Fiend
arokone

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll Icon_minitimeWed 13 Oct 2010, 10:41 am

Alan wrote:
Cosign Shaun, I liked Maximum Strength & Adventures In Emceein for sure. I'd give them 4 stars. Hell, and I still dig Hip Hop Lives and Life as well. While I didn't care for Survival Skills, and haven't heard the new one yet, I doubt that would make me think he just sucks altogether now.

I co-sign Alan on this one. I am a big KRS One supporter, but I am also man enough to admit that his last 3 albums haven't been up to par, but we shouldn't discredit his talent and his ability as an MC.

Peace
Back to top Go down
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Jack of Spades

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll Icon_minitimeWed 13 Oct 2010, 11:06 am

I thought Maximum Strength was pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll Icon_minitimeThu 14 Oct 2010, 4:08 pm

I don't really care what he does outside of hip hop...not sure why anyone would...

That said, to me, he's not wack. Stagga Lee is wack. Kevin Federline is wack. KRS is far from that. What he is is average. He was ahead of his time when he dropped and now the times have caught up to him. He no longer stands out, but he's been doing this for 25 years professionally...even longer than that on an amateur level...a dip in intensity should be expected. It happens to any artist in any genre.

Remember Metallica? Remember Prince? Hell, even Michael Jackson's last album (Invincible) showed that MJ was falling off. None of them are wack...and neither is KRS One...in my humble opinion.

To me, anyone not seeing that is biased in a major way. No one here is proclaiming him as the best rapper out right now from what I can see, so I'm not even sure where the need to down the man comes from...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll Icon_minitimeThu 14 Oct 2010, 4:09 pm

"That said, to me, he's not wack. Stagga Lee is wack. Kevin Federline is wack."

And Big Pooh.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll Icon_minitimeThu 14 Oct 2010, 4:13 pm

Yes...and Big Pooh. lol
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll Icon_minitimeThu 14 Oct 2010, 4:16 pm

Maybe that's why Powell loves Phonte so much. Phonte's like the average looking chick hanging out with fat chicks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll Icon_minitimeThu 14 Oct 2010, 5:26 pm

Stagga Lee isn't THAT terrible.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll Icon_minitimeThu 14 Oct 2010, 6:24 pm

Stagga Lee is pretty average. And so is KRS. I think if certain people stopped acting like KRS One was an elite emcee right now, then no one would hate on him.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll Icon_minitimeThu 14 Oct 2010, 9:45 pm

That's what I'm asking, though. Who is saying that?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll Icon_minitimeFri 15 Oct 2010, 9:23 am

Norfeest wrote:
That's what I'm asking, though. Who is saying that?

The usual suspects, sir.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll Icon_minitimeFri 15 Oct 2010, 9:26 am

LOL @ The Usual Suspects
Back to top Go down
Jason
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll Icon_minitimeFri 15 Oct 2010, 9:29 am

Well, I know that I wouldn't even bother downloading a new album from him now. That's how confident I am that it'll suck.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll Icon_minitimeFri 15 Oct 2010, 9:45 am

Jason wrote:
Well, I know that I wouldn't even bother downloading a new album from him now. That's how confident I am that it'll suck.

Well put.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll Icon_minitimeFri 15 Oct 2010, 3:23 pm

yeah. I've heard kj, powell, mrbz, and a few others call krs a top emcee still.
Back to top Go down
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Jack of Spades

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll Icon_minitimeFri 15 Oct 2010, 10:10 pm

Norfeest wrote:
To me, anyone not seeing that is biased in a major way. No one here is proclaiming him as the best rapper out right now from what I can see, so I'm not even sure where the need to down the man comes from...

I also don't understand why some people always wanna step to Kris. The media won't even touch him, and I really don't think the "PM Dawn" incident had anything to do with that. I guess if you proclaim that you are the best, people are always gonna try to bring you down or challenge you in some way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll Icon_minitimeSat 16 Oct 2010, 8:50 am

RHHWND wrote:
Norfeest wrote:

I also don't understand why some people always wanna step to Kris. The media won't even touch him, and I really don't think the "PM Dawn" incident had anything to do with that. I guess if you proclaim that you are the best, people are always gonna try to bring you down or challenge you in some way.

Probably because he's a hypocrite and a moron that speaks out of turn and takes every chance he can at destroying his own legacy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll Icon_minitimeSat 16 Oct 2010, 1:11 pm

gay thread Pictures, Images and Photos
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll Icon_minitimeSat 16 Oct 2010, 2:12 pm

Jeff wrote:
RHHWND wrote:
Norfeest wrote:

Probably because he's a hypocrite and a moron that speaks out of turn and takes every chance he can at destroying his own legacy.

Is he doing that on his records? Or are you concerning yourself with what he does outside of hip hop? Not being a dick. I'm genuinely curious.
Back to top Go down
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Jack of Spades

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll Icon_minitimeWed 20 Oct 2010, 7:41 am

Jeff wrote:
RHHWND wrote:
Norfeest wrote:

Examples...
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll Icon_minitimeWed 20 Oct 2010, 9:36 am

RHHWND wrote:
Jeff wrote:
RHHWND wrote:
Norfeest wrote:

Examples...

Spiritual Minded.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll Icon_minitimeWed 20 Oct 2010, 4:49 pm

lmao. Indeed, Esco.

Nice sig, MBRZ
Back to top Go down
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Jack of Spades

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll Icon_minitimeWed 20 Oct 2010, 5:50 pm

I don't really count Spiritual Minded because it was directed to a different audiance. SM actually shows that he can be diverse.
Back to top Go down
PKT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll Icon_minitimeTue 09 Nov 2010, 7:45 am

Not as good as he used to be, but sucks? No.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll Icon_minitimeTue 09 Nov 2010, 9:59 am

Ok, you don't "count" Spiritual Minded? Whatever, but here are some more examples:

"America sat back and watchd Hitler kill as many Jews as he wanted until Hitler said, 'I'm coming for the world.' Then America got together with the rest of the continents and they went and took Hitler out. I still think he's alive, actually. It's only history. If you look at it from that point of view, does anything I say sound irrational?"

-Break It Down magazine, Citadel Press, 1992 (and the answer to KRS' question is fuck yes)

"I am hip hop. But what is hip hop? If hip hop was to stand right in front of you and start talking, what would hip hop listen to? Hip hop wouldn't listen to hip hop. Hip hop probably doesn't even like hip hop. Let me also say that I, personally, am more into reggae than I am hip hop."

-The Source, January, 94

"I'm the most humble rapper in the industry."

-Rap Pages, Feb, 94
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll Icon_minitimeTue 09 Nov 2010, 9:31 pm

LOL, thats hilarious...but lets be realistic most rappers who were as big as KRS or even less big have bragged like that before. And im sure a lot of these same guys called themsleves humble and the type to pay homage, etc...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll Icon_minitimeTue 09 Nov 2010, 10:07 pm

He said he thinks Hitler is still alive, switched from psuedo muslim to christian to hiphopologist and writing his own bible and just released a song called "5%". No other mc (or musician, for that matter) comes close to the nonsense and hypocrisy spewed out of KRS' mouth on a daily basis.
Back to top Go down
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Jack of Spades

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll Icon_minitimeWed 10 Nov 2010, 10:32 am

Whatever man. Most of the examples you posted are from the early 90's. Hip Hop was still new and most emcees were still finding thier place within it. Also, contradictary(sp?) has always been a part of hip hop (listen to some of Dre's lyrics, or even the Wu for that matter).

He thinks Hitler is still alive, so does Chuck D, K-Rino & Just Ice (you don't want to hear that, do you?) He openly admits that he is not a Muslim or a Christian. He has been doing that since '89. If you listen to the lyrics of Spiritual Minded, he is talking to both Christians and Muslims about God, not religion. He has always been a "Hiphopologist", He's called the Teacha for Christ sake. The "5%" song dosen't matter. Kris writes about everything and alot of his rhymes are just stories (or lessons) and do not pertain to him directly. As far as your last statement, that just tells me you're a Kris hater.

A lot of emcees are contradictary and make off color statements, Kris just gets put under the microscope for it. And just because he's not from south of the Mason-Dixon line or rearly heard "outside of ear buds" dosen't mean he should be hated on as much as he is around here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll Icon_minitimeWed 10 Nov 2010, 10:50 am

RHHWND wrote:
Whatever man. Most of the examples you posted are from the early 90's. Hip Hop was still new and most emcees were still finding thier place within it. Also, contradictary(sp?) has always been a part of hip hop (listen to some of Dre's lyrics, or even the Wu for that matter).

He thinks Hitler is still alive, so does Chuck D, K-Rino & Just Ice (you don't want to hear that, do you?) He openly admits that he is not a Muslim or a Christian. He has been doing that since '89. If you listen to the lyrics of Spiritual Minded, he is talking to both Christians and Muslims about God, not religion. He has always been a "Hiphopologist", He's called the Teacha for Christ sake. The "5%" song dosen't matter. Kris writes about everything and alot of his rhymes are just stories (or lessons) and do not pertain to him directly. As far as your last statement, that just tells me you're a Kris hater.

A lot of emcees are contradictary and make off color statements, Kris just gets put under the microscope for it. And just because he's not from south of the Mason-Dixon line or rearly heard "outside of ear buds" dosen't mean he should be hated on as much as he is around here.

Hip hop was still new so it's ok to act like a retard? No, I'm pretty sure if KRS was a KID, then it'd be ok. Unfortunately, he was well into his 20's when he said most of this bullshit. OH, and in case you didn't know, hip hop started in the late 70's, so I don't consider the early 90's to be "still new". Good try, though.

I highly doubt Chuck D still believes that. K Rino might, but he's also a devout muslim, so his opinion on science is suspect at best (I still feel he's an intelligent dude, but am I going to ask him how old the world is? NO). And Just Ice is a mason, so, again, I highly doubt he really believes that.

KRS One is a joke as a person. His views are ridiculous and people like you that blindly follow his arrogance just further encourage him to stay in "KRS World" all the longer and ignore the reality of the world. And I'm a "hater" because I call it like I see it? Name ONE, just ONE, other mc that comes close to spewing the nonsense KRS does and I'll drop the issue. When you can't, just admit you're a stan and are therefore incapable of calling this one fairly.

Again, you're not addressing my point. Dude flat out says "you wouldn't be a christian if your slave owner wasn't a christian" then later says "Elijah Muhammed never came back from the dead". So he's chastising Christians then berating Muslims and reinforcing the Christian idea that Jesus came back from the dead. How is that not hypocrisy? How is preaching non violence then jumpin PM Dawn onstage not contradictory? Please make a real point this time.
Back to top Go down
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Jack of Spades

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll Icon_minitimeWed 10 Nov 2010, 11:16 am

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I never said that he wasen't a hipocrite. And Yes, I am a KRS "Stan" so my view may slightly be skewed, but I think that I fairly addressed your points. Your last point that you say that I do not address is a rather implicit one.

Oh, and it is quite typical for anyone to pull the PM Dawn incident out they ass whenever berating Kris. That subject has been beaten to death. And for the record, Kris did not throw that fat fuck off the stage. Just Ice did. Kris just took the heat. He may have shot himself in the foot by doing so, but that's the way it went down.

Nothing I say will change your (or others) mind about him, so we will have to agree to disagree and leave it at that. And I'm not arguing that Hip Hop diden't start in the 70's. I know it did. But what I call "new" is the era where Hip Hop blew up (late 80's - early 90's).

And can I name another emcee that spits garbage on a regular basis? Yes. Kanye West!

Last edited by RHHWND on Wed 10 Nov 2010, 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll Icon_minitimeWed 10 Nov 2010, 11:22 am

Don't pay any attention to Jeff. He's on his period.
Back to top Go down
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Jack of Spades

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll Icon_minitimeWed 10 Nov 2010, 11:41 am

Is that what it is? Smile
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll Icon_minitimeWed 10 Nov 2010, 11:45 am

I dunno, but that's generally the safe bet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll Icon_minitimeWed 10 Nov 2010, 12:31 pm

You can ignore my points and call me a hater if that makes you feel like it invalidates my claims.

Kanye West doesn't walk around claiming to be the embodiment of hip hop while also saying he doesn't like hip hop that much and even going so far as to say that hip hop is dead. He doesn't call himself a teacher while telling people history is "just history". He doesn't mock religion then make up one of his own.

It's this simple, did Martin Luther King preach pacifism while hitting cops? Did Malcolm X tell people that religion is stupid then preach Islam? Does Justin Timberlake mock pop music publically while still enjoying the lifestyle selling that music affords him? The answers are no, and this is why KRS One is a terrible "icon" for our culture.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll Icon_minitimeWed 10 Nov 2010, 2:40 pm

Jeff wrote:
You can ignore my points and call me a hater if that makes you feel like it invalidates my claims.

Kanye West doesn't walk around claiming to be the embodiment of hip hop while also saying he doesn't like hip hop that much and even going so far as to say that hip hop is dead. He doesn't call himself a teacher while telling people history is "just history". He doesn't mock religion then make up one of his own.

It's this simple, did Martin Luther King preach pacifism while hitting cops? Did Malcolm X tell people that religion is stupid then preach Islam? Does Justin Timberlake mock pop music publically while still enjoying the lifestyle selling that music affords him? The answers are no, and this is why KRS One is a terrible "icon" for our culture.

Cosign.. the realest shit ever said on any website period. ever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next