Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll

Go down 
+16
D.Powell
parker lewis
Half
chingy > nas
PKT
Esco
Jason
Norfeest
arokone
Jack of Spades
Laced With Slang
Alan
Dang! Trotter
T. Myers
Shaun
CABNumber
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Pick
KRS One has sucked for a few years
Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 3 Vote_lcap55%Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 55% [ 11 ]
KRS One is still dope
Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 3 Vote_lcap45%Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 45% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 20

AuthorMessage
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Dec 2010, 11:19 am

Jack of Spades wrote:
Dosen't sound like something he'd say. But you never know. Dude does read this internet shit.

I'm not talking about Krs-One, I'm talking about a user named Krs-Gay that came on the website and was deleted in about 5 minutes.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Dec 2010, 11:22 am

Shaking My Head Stupid shit like this is why this place gets gayer by the damn day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Dec 2010, 1:05 pm

You should be more specific.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Dec 2010, 5:36 pm

Terry, your avatar is the reason this place gets gayer by the day. Because you post everyday.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Dec 2010, 5:41 pm

Jeff wrote:

Half's stupid ass comments are what is gay. In what world is it humorous to create a fake account, and then play dumb about the account?
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Dec 2010, 5:43 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Jeff wrote:

Half's stupid ass comments are what is gay. In what world is it humorous to create a fake account, and then play dumb about the account?

I didn't make Krs-Gay
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Dec 2010, 5:44 pm

Half didn't make that account.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Dec 2010, 5:44 pm

Here is the IP log for the post by KRS-Gay for anyone who is interested.

IP address for this post
XXX.XX.160.248 [ 2 Posts ] [ Look up IP address ]

Users posting from this IP address
Half [ 141 Posts ] Find all posts by Half

Guest [ 2 Posts ] Find all posts by Guest

Jason Linker [ 1 Post ]

It looks like Half has more than 1 fake account. Isn't that sweet. I thought that was part of the gayness we left behind with Amazon, but i guess i was wrong.

Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Dec 2010, 5:46 pm

Shaun wrote:
Half didn't make that account.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Dec 2010, 5:49 pm

T. Myers wrote:

IP address for this post

Jason Linker [ 1 Post ]

It looks like Half has more than 1 fake account. Isn't that sweet. I thought that was part of the gayness we left behind with Amazon, but i guess i was wrong.

Also, I have way more than 141 posts...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Dec 2010, 6:07 pm

IPs route through the same central IP for some users... just saying...
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Dec 2010, 6:31 pm

Shaun wrote:
Terry, your avatar is the reason this place gets gayer by the day. Because you post everyday.

lmao
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Dec 2010, 7:00 pm

Half wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

IP address for this post

Jason Linker [ 1 Post ]

Also, I have way more than 141 posts...

that is not your total posts. it is the post count from that IP address
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Dec 2010, 7:11 pm

Half does go to a school with like 1000000 students.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Dec 2010, 7:25 pm

I guess someone else at OSU was KRS-Gay

I'm assuming someone else in your mall office building is 50 Tyson

and someone else in Linker's trailer park was Billy Ocean.

Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Dec 2010, 7:30 pm

lmao
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Dec 2010, 7:43 pm

Oh, I told everyone I was 50 Tyson. Ask Linker, he was there when I made him.
Back to top Go down
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Jack of Spades

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Dec 2010, 9:23 pm

LOL @ Billy Ocean
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Dec 2010, 1:09 pm

Jeff wrote:
"America sat back and watchd Hitler kill as many Jews as he wanted until Hitler said, 'I'm coming for the world.' Then America got together with the rest of the continents and they went and took Hitler out. I still think he's alive, actually. It's only history. If you look at it from that point of view, does anything I say sound irrational?"

-Break It Down magazine, Citadel Press, 1992 (and the answer to KRS' question is fuck yes)

"I am hip hop. But what is hip hop? If hip hop was to stand right in front of you and start talking, what would hip hop listen to? Hip hop wouldn't listen to hip hop. Hip hop probably doesn't even like hip hop. Let me also say that I, personally, am more into reggae than I am hip hop."

-The Source, January, 94

"I'm the most humble rapper in the industry."

-Rap Pages, Feb, 94

OK...and what here has he said wrong? You may not appreciate or believe some of it, but what makes him a hypocrite for saying any of this?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Dec 2010, 1:10 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
KRS couldn't outspit a camel.

Who can spit too you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Dec 2010, 1:13 pm

KRS is cool. He doesn't have the pop or even the new hip hop head appeal, but he's str8 and can still spit. I read one post that said Buckshot out spit him on that one album and I nearly swallowed my tongue. Buck was hot garbage on that album, Krs had to carry the entire album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Dec 2010, 1:17 pm

See, I typed this whole 3 paragraph thing politely explaining to you how retarded KRS One sounds every time he opens his mouth but when I tried to post it, this "new post added" thing popped up and I read that you think KRS sounded dope on Survival Skills so obviously trying to talk to you like an educated hip hop head with a valid opinion is pointless.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Dec 2010, 1:25 pm

Jeff wrote:
See, I typed this whole 3 paragraph thing politely explaining to you how retarded KRS One sounds every time he opens his mouth but when I tried to post it, this "new post added" thing popped up and I read that you think KRS sounded dope on Survival Skills so obviously trying to talk to you like an educated hip hop head with a valid opinion is pointless.

I asked how does he sound retarded? Does he sound retarded because he seems full of himself and cocky? Hell i walk around at times full of myself and cocky, most men do.

I've never really been a KRS fan, didn't get into him until "P is still free" so I'm far from a stan for him. I recognize and give people props if they can spit. You're going to tell me he didn't sound dope on "The Clean Up Man" with Heltah Skeltah or "Things We Do" where he gives some real spit too young ladies?
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Dec 2010, 1:32 pm

I guess he's not sucking poll if he's giving spit too young ladies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Dec 2010, 1:41 pm

Bimothy Slangwell wrote:
Jeff wrote:

I asked how does he sound retarded? Does he sound retarded because he seems full of himself and cocky? Hell i walk around at times full of myself and cocky, most men do.

I've never really been a KRS fan, didn't get into him until "P is still free" so I'm far from a stan for him. I recognize and give people props if they can spit. You're going to tell me he didn't sound dope on "The Clean Up Man" with Heltah Skeltah or "Things We Do" where he gives some real spit too young ladies?

Yeah. He sounded wack as fuck.

And there's a difference between being cocky and thinking you're the rap jesus. And not metaphorically, but literally. Starting a religion, etc. If you can't see the difference, there's no point in trying to talk TO one another.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Dec 2010, 1:42 pm

What's up with the substitutions of "too" for "to"? Are you guys just really enthusiastic and need that extra o at the end?
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Dec 2010, 1:45 pm

I was going to add (sic), but I'm watching my condescension.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Dec 2010, 1:52 pm

You mean your condensation.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Dec 2010, 1:53 pm

Back to top Go down
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Jack of Spades

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Dec 2010, 3:08 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Complaining about how KRS rhymes today is like complaining about a 20 year veteran athlete not playing up to how they used to be 20 years ago. It's fucking lame. Most of the people here that agree with Jeff weren't KRS fans to begin with (and Jeff himself falls into that catagory as well). Even if the man never puts out another 4 star album again, I will NEVER lose respect for him. He's one of the greatest rappers of all time and his contributions to both the music and the culture have been phenomeonal, moreso than 95 of every MC who have ever picked up a mic.

And to anyone who replies to me saying "You've missed the point" well your point is fucking lame. You're nitpicking at an MC who you never held in very high regard anyway, and that makes absolutely no sense.

Right on point!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Dec 2010, 3:08 pm

Shaun wrote:
"Even if the man never puts out another 4 star album again, I will NEVER lose respect for him."

What if he drops a 3 CD series with Soulja Boy teaching people new dance moves?

C'Mon Son, you know that shit ain't happening!
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Dec 2010, 3:15 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Shaun wrote:
"Even if the man never puts out another 4 star album again, I will NEVER lose respect for him."

What if he drops a 3 CD series with Soulja Boy teaching people new dance moves?

C'Mon Son, you know that shit ain't happening!

Actually, something like that could happen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Dec 2010, 3:16 pm

He appeared on Rap City with Souljah Boi. Anything is possible. Ghostface is doing songs with Jim Jones...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Dec 2010, 3:21 pm

[quote="Jeff"][quote="Bimothy Slangwell"][quote="Jeff"][quote="Bimothy Slangwell"]
Jeff wrote:

I like Master P and Puff Daddy. You are narrow minded. Clearly, KRS One is for you. Not for me.

Well this explains it...

I like SOME songs from both artists but all in all, in the realm of hip hop they are garbage and in the days when you had to have skills would have gotten smacked for even asking for the mic.

Do you think they are good emcees?

As I said KRS isn't my favorite and I only have two of his albums, but if you subscribe to a culture (hip hop) you just can't dookie on its icons and symbols. Compare it to you making a hit song, then I come along, steal your song, butcher it up making it worst than yours, and then selling it as my hit song.

Do you consider yourself a fan of hip hop or a casual listener (hip pop)?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Dec 2010, 3:23 pm

parker lewis wrote:
Good post, Slangwell. Don't get me wrong, I haven't really liked much of KRS lately. I did notice that you were trying to ask people to explain themselves a bit more specifically. That's a good sign.

Fa sho! I'm pretty new to the site and I've seen a lot of b.s. I'm going to call these dukes out and see if they're hip hop or hip pop.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Dec 2010, 3:28 pm

Jeff wrote:
Clearly, KRS One is for you. Not for me.

Clearly, this thread was a waste of time for you to create if the man isn't for you. Why are you complaining about a man whom you're clearly not a fan of? It's pointless.

If you don't like him it's whatever, but it's lame of you to say "Nowadays he sucks" when you've never praised the work he did in his prime either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Dec 2010, 3:31 pm

You're a fucking moron, Bimothy. I can guarentee I listen to far more hip hop than you. I have my doubts you're from america, which puts you in a shitty position to determine anything.

I never said Puff Daddy or Master P were good mcs. I wouldn't call them mcs. But fact check this, Diddy is still relevant and producing dope shit in 2010 and KRS is getting outshined by Tru Master and Bukshot on the mic.

And KJ, I like some of KRS' old shit but it's been awhile since he's been dope. Also, my point here is that KRS retarded musings aren't for me, but clearly they are for simps who need something to blindly believe regardless of how little sense it makes.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Dec 2010, 3:33 pm

"I have my doubts you're from america, which puts you in a shitty position to determine anything."

smh

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next