Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll

Go down 
+16
D.Powell
parker lewis
Half
chingy > nas
PKT
Esco
Jason
Norfeest
arokone
Jack of Spades
Laced With Slang
Alan
Dang! Trotter
T. Myers
Shaun
CABNumber
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Pick
KRS One has sucked for a few years
Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 4 Vote_lcap55%Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 55% [ 11 ]
KRS One is still dope
Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 4 Vote_lcap45%Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 45% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 20

AuthorMessage

Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Dec 2010, 3:48 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Complaining about how KRS rhymes today is like complaining about a 20 year veteran athlete not playing up to how they used to be 20 years ago. It's fucking lame. Most of the people here that agree with Jeff weren't KRS fans to begin with (and Jeff himself falls into that catagory as well). Even if the man never puts out another 4 star album again, I will NEVER lose respect for him. He's one of the greatest rappers of all time and his contributions to both the music and the culture have been phenomeonal, moreso than 95 of every MC who have ever picked up a mic.

And to anyone who replies to me saying "You've missed the point" well your point is fucking lame. You're nitpicking at an MC who you never held in very high regard anyway, and that makes absolutely no sense.

I'll go further and say that the people here who aren't fans or at least respect KRS, are either really young (not a crime) or were never hip hop fans. I can admit myself that KRS was never my favorite, but I did recognize what he brought to the game. That's because I've been apart of hip hop since the '80s.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Dec 2010, 3:50 pm

Shaun wrote:
"Even if the man never puts out another 4 star album again, I will NEVER lose respect for him."

What if he drops a 3 CD series with Soulja Boy teaching people new dance moves?

It depends upon if he stays true to hip hop.

And even if he doesn't, it doesn't erase what he has done previously, it will just make him a sellout.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Dec 2010, 3:53 pm

you can be a fan and not respect krs and you don't have to be young...lol... that's just an idiotic statement. So all the people who sided against BDP in the battles back then aren't hip-hop fans?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Dec 2010, 4:09 pm

Jeff wrote:
You're a fucking moron, Bimothy. I can guarentee I listen to far more hip hop than you. I have my doubts you're from america, which puts you in a shitty position to determine anything.

I never said Puff Daddy or Master P were good mcs. I wouldn't call them mcs. But fact check this, Diddy is still relevant and producing dope shit in 2010 and KRS is getting outshined by Tru Master and Bukshot on the mic.

And KJ, I like some of KRS' old shit but it's been awhile since he's been dope. Also, my point here is that KRS retarded musings aren't for me, but clearly they are for simps who need something to blindly believe regardless of how little sense it makes.

Laughing My Ass Off

Dayum bruh, I get the impression you just broke your keyboard typing this!

I'm as American as it gets zo, though it wouldn't matter. Peoples in other countries no more about our hip hop and its history than American peoples. Ask the older emcees who can't catch fire in the media where they make their money at.

So if you don't think those two are good emcees why would you consider them over KRS? Are you contributing to the destruction of hip hop and not even realizing it? If you subscribe to hip hop, you tell a doo doo emcee you like a couple of their songs but overall they're doo doo. That's hip hop!

Have you listened to the actual lyrics of KRS lately, because I don't hear garbage. He's not as technical as he used to be, but that's because fans of Master P and Diddy used to tell him things like, "Dude, I don't even know what you're sayin half the time". He had to dumb his shyt down in order to avoid being buried like Canibus! Most people who like Master P and Diddy have a dislike for real rhyme structures.

It's good that you liked some of the older KRS so it's not like your hip hop pass is totally revoked. You, as I have at times, have just been sucked into the darkside of, "If he's not selling millions or on MTV he's not relevant."

Lemme leave you with this: Hip hop is when if you see too many people who don't even listen to rap music playing or liking a song or artist...that's your cue to leave it alone. Hip hop is anti-pop. Hip hop is TELLING and INTRODUCING people to new artists and letting other people know what's dope. Not following what's popular and liking it because it's selling millions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Dec 2010, 4:14 pm

Canibus is more popular than KRS right now and he didn't dumb it down. Explain that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Dec 2010, 4:16 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
you can be a fan and not respect krs and you don't have to be young...lol... that's just an idiotic statement. So all the people who sided against BDP in the battles back then aren't hip-hop fans?

NO! Just no...

If you are a hip hop fan, even if he isn't your cup of tea you at least respect him and acknowledge that he'll rip a half-steppin emcee a new azz.

As I've said, I'm not really a fan and infact despised a lot of his songs...but I know ***In his words*** "not to fukk with Kris".

The people who sided against him in his battles were for a reason, he was going against the person they supported. They may say he's a azz or they don't like this or that about him, but no fan of hip hop will say he's garbage and mean it as he can't rap.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Dec 2010, 4:20 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Canibus is more popular than KRS right now and he didn't dumb it down. Explain that.

Naw bruh...Bus pretty much got ran outta hip hop. He was, last I checked, a joke in hip hop circles. He had to go and join the Army he was so depressed. I realize he's been back for a minute and has released some music but his shyt is way more underground than KRS. I wouldn't be surprised if he's walking his cd's to the Best Buys himself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Dec 2010, 4:23 pm

Thanks, I just wanted confirmation you were talking out of your ass completely.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Dec 2010, 4:24 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Dec 2010, 4:36 pm

"Bus pretty much got ran outta hip hop. He was, last I checked, a joke in hip hop circles. He had to go and join the Army he was so depressed"

Tell that to Matthew Clifford on Amazon. I will laugh.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Dec 2010, 4:36 pm

Jeff wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
Jeff wrote:
Powell, if you could make a sensible response without using the following words:

Iowa
Midwest
Haystak
Sandman
Young
Old
NYC
Baby Bubba
white
black

or posting a youtube link, I would actually pay attention to what you say.

just listen to the youtube video and LEARN since I can't talk directly to you...it's a form of communication....if you looked at it then you might have actually already learned something....40 mins of KNOWLEDGE

So you are incapable of intelligent conversation, then? I can speak in youtube videos as well...

did you look at the video I posted Jeffrey?? now I'm really starting to believe you're a fuckin idiot for real....there is no way for me to paraphrase that 40 mins that he is talking about...i wouldn't be able to do it justice that way stupid...if you want to learn something and not think you know everything straight outta the great state of iowa then look and listen to that video on some hip-hop history......otherwise keep acting and sounding dumb lil dahmer.....it's all good either way!
Back to top Go down

Southern Rap Pro wrote:

You're welcome even if you reject it and talk out of yours.

Most people hate it when I let them know where they stand.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Dec 2010, 4:38 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:

Wait...tell me you're not really 15.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Dec 2010, 4:41 pm

Let me just explain the whole process here. I like to know where people stand. Those with some intelligence and the capability of rational thought I know I can have an actual conversation and discussion with.

People like you, who make up facts and talk out of their ass to prove a point that is false, well you're not worth me wasting my time. I just wanted to give you the heads up. If that makes me 15 then I guess I have a killer sweet sixteen to plan some time in the next year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Dec 2010, 4:54 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Let me just explain the whole process here. I like to know where people stand. Those with some intelligence and the capability of rational thought I know I can have an actual conversation and discussion with.

People like you, who make up facts and talk out of their ass to prove a point that is false, well you're not worth me wasting my time. I just wanted to give you the heads up. If that makes me 15 then I guess I have a killer sweet sixteen to plan some time in the next year.

You call it talking out my azz, I call it letting you know the real.

So nice deflect son!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Dec 2010, 5:34 pm

Where's the "ignore" button at?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Dec 2010, 5:46 pm

Canibus walks the cd's to best buy himself? Classic shit.

But I agree in the grand scheme of things Canibus is even more irrelevant than KRS easily. Canibus has only been relevant when he dropped 2nd Round KO after that str8 plastic bin.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Dec 2010, 8:08 pm

Rip The Jacker was relevant as fuck when it dropped
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Dec 2010, 8:33 pm

Canibus has never been, nor will he ever be, as popular as KRS.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Dec 2010, 9:00 pm

You're agreeing with a guy that can't spell "to" correctly or use people properly. Look in the mirror, people.
Back to top Go down
yOGi420™
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
yOGi420™

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Dec 2010, 9:13 pm

Krs1 has sucked for a long time. I did not like much if any of his work even back in the day. And yes I did listen to stuff from the other coast back then as well as now but more predominantly then since most hip hop was from there. I just couldnt get into his style at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Dec 2010, 9:08 am

Jeff wrote:
You're agreeing with a guy that can't spell "to" correctly or use people properly. Look in the mirror, people.

Dayum...I guess we're in English class and not on the net...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Dec 2010, 9:10 am

yOGi420™ wrote:
Krs1 has sucked for a long time. I did not like much if any of his work even back in the day. And yes I did listen to stuff from the other coast back then as well as now but more predominantly then since most hip hop was from there. I just couldnt get into his style at all.

As I said he was never my favorite. I would like to know exactly what "sucks" about him however? Can he not rap, you don't like what he raps about, don't like his voice, his swag, he doesn't give you anything to shake ya bum bum too, etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Dec 2010, 11:47 am

Bimothy Slangwell wrote:
Jeff wrote:

I don't believe you're a real person. This is the only thread you've appeared in, you clearly came right to this thread and started shit up, you know how to navigate this site, did not introduce yourself, etc.

It's whatever. This is the same type of shit that Hyphy pulled, and yet the east coast bffs are still riding with it. Just goes to show, there's no "ethics" at play just the same ol bullshit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Dec 2010, 1:17 pm

Jeff wrote:
Bimothy Slangwell wrote:
Jeff wrote:

I don't believe you're a real person. This is the only thread you've appeared in, you clearly came right to this thread and started shit up, you know how to navigate this site, did not introduce yourself, etc.

It's whatever. This is the same type of shit that Hyphy pulled, and yet the east coast bffs are still riding with it. Just goes to show, there's no "ethics" at play just the same ol bullshit.

This is actually the only interesting thing about this whole thread. When Hyphy signed up the usual suspects were complaining and calling for him to be banned because he was just here to start trash. Now that someone is here with the same purpose BUT agrees with them, those same people are silent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Dec 2010, 1:36 pm

I await Powell's youtube video explaining how none of this matters because KRS One said so.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Dec 2010, 1:51 pm

Jeff wrote:
I await Powell's youtube video explaining how none of this matters because KRS One said so.

here it is for you lil dahmer nice, simple and in a language that I already know your dumb ass can clearly understand...lol

Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Dec 2010, 2:06 pm

you need another video jeff...you already said that bullshit yesterday stoopid....lol

Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Dec 2010, 5:38 pm

hahahahahahahaha. I take back my comments about the Preemo/Ras Kass thread being the best.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Dec 2010, 12:00 pm

Shaun wrote:
hahahahahahahaha. I take back my comments about the Preemo/Ras Kass thread being the best.

Good to hear, I knew this was the best since page 2.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Dec 2010, 12:15 pm

Jeff wrote:
Bimothy Slangwell wrote:
Jeff wrote:

WTF...you don't believe i'm a real person...the hell you mean by that. I originally joined this site a while back and it was way boring, I forgot my password and shyt and just re-registered. The name was the the same, just a bout. I don't think I had ever posted anything.

And no I didn't introduce myself, I'm not from Mr. Rogers neighborhood and shyt...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Dec 2010, 12:29 pm

This is the only thread you've posted in.

You came right here.

You didn't introduce yourself.

You immediately started talking shit.

None of these things are indicative of a new poster, and we've had several.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Dec 2010, 1:35 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
This is actually the only interesting thing about this whole thread. When Hyphy signed up the usual suspects were complaining and calling for him to be banned because he was just here to start trash. Now that someone is here with the same purpose BUT agrees with them, those same people are silent.

Excellent point...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
yOGi420™
yOGi420™

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Dec 2010, 4:00 pm

Norfeest wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

Excellent point...
Glad I'm not the only one to have noticed this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Dec 2010, 4:27 pm

You can't compare Bimothy and Hyphy.

Hyphy came in with the sole purpose of dissing East Coast rappers and has added nothing to discussions otherwise. Bimothy dissed nobody, he just voiced his opinion of this particular thread.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Dec 2010, 4:29 pm

Bimothy seems to have an agenda KJ, and i think that is their point.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Dec 2010, 4:29 pm

Seriously?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Dec 2010, 4:40 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Bimothy seems to have an agenda KJ, and i think that is their point.

Possibly, but that remains to be seen. Hyphy's agenda was obvious from his very first post.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Dec 2010, 4:57 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
You can't compare Bimothy and Hyphy.

Hyphy came in with the sole purpose of dissing East Coast rappers and has added nothing to discussions otherwise. Bimothy dissed nobody, he just voiced his opinion of this particular thread.

This is exactly the point. Hyphy just came in here expressing his opinion - his opinion is that east coast rappers suck... it's just because you don't like his opinion that you classify him as coming here with the sole purpose of dissing people... Bimothy is doing the same... for you to cosign an idiot like him just further degrades your nonexistent forum and street cred.
Back to top Go down
yOGi420™
yOGi420™

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Dec 2010, 5:03 pm

Basically You side with someone that has similar views as you do and hate on someone that does not share those views. Just admit it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Dec 2010, 5:19 pm

Bimothy got deleted. He is welcome to sign back up whenever he wants and he won't get deleted.

Simple as that.

We deleted Hyphy over some bullshit and Bimothy was here for the same bullshit, so it's only fair.

Hyphy is back and welcome here and Bimothy is welcome to come back whenever he wants as well.

I couldn't stand to treat one guy on the forum shitty and not do the same to the another guy just because certain people agree with his views - which is exactly what is going on here.
Back to top Go down
yOGi420™
yOGi420™

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Dec 2010, 5:45 pm

I back your decision srp. Fair is fair. No one can say that we are wrong for trying to treat all members the same.
Back to top Go down
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Jack of Spades

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Dec 2010, 6:38 pm

Plus he had Kriss Kross for an avatar. That's a sure sign of a trouble maker right there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Dec 2010, 6:47 pm

yOGi420™ wrote:
I back your decision srp. Fair is fair. No one can say that we are wrong for trying to treat all members the same.

You and Pedro are a couple of clowns. You brought Hyphy's bitch ass in here to piss people off, yet Bimothy does something that rubs Pedro the wrong way and he gets deleted.

The difference between the two scenerios is that Hyphy added nothing to discussions, and is only back now because you and and LOL posse had gay sex together allowing you to become an admin, which gave you the power to bring Hyphy back. Fuckin bullshit.

What exactly did Bimothy do wrong besides disagree with Pedro and Jeff? NOTHING! Pedro just abused his power as usual.

SRP is a hypocritical bitch. If Hyphy has the right to his opinions than so does Bimothy. It's just that Hyphy amuses you assgoblins, but Bimothy not so much so he got banned. Fuckin bullshit!

Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Dec 2010, 7:05 pm

who in the fuck is Bimothy???
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Dec 2010, 7:08 pm

LMAO @ KJ not being able to see that Hyphy and Bimothy were two sides of the same coin. Hyphy got deleted back in the day, too...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll   Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nowadays KRS One Sucks Poll
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next