Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dope Midwest Shit Day 1

Go down 
+2
T. Myers
Half
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Dope Midwest Shit Day 1 Empty
PostSubject: Dope Midwest Shit Day 1   Dope Midwest Shit Day 1 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 12:48 pm

Playya 1000 & The D'kster-Sunday Afternoon (OG Version)

They're from OK, this song is off their album Mo Drama, released in 1994.

Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Dope Midwest Shit Day 1   Dope Midwest Shit Day 1 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 1:23 pm

Nice shit man, very chill vibe. How long are you gonna be doing this thread?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dope Midwest Shit Day 1   Dope Midwest Shit Day 1 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 1:27 pm

Until the midwest runs out of dope shit...so forever.

If some one has a request or whatever, mention it in the thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dope Midwest Shit Day 1   Dope Midwest Shit Day 1 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 4:05 pm

I thought you were doing a GHHA thread?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dope Midwest Shit Day 1   Dope Midwest Shit Day 1 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 4:07 pm

Yeah, at some point. Did you like the video?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dope Midwest Shit Day 1   Dope Midwest Shit Day 1 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 4:15 pm

One of my favorite songs/artists out the midwest... I recommend you dig up some old school 9-Milla to throw on this bitch too... some Big Bur-na and definitely some Ghetto Kaos....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dope Midwest Shit Day 1   Dope Midwest Shit Day 1 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 4:37 pm

So you don't have an opinion, Kev?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Dope Midwest Shit Day 1   Dope Midwest Shit Day 1 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 4:46 pm

uh, i'm pretty sure he's said he can't view videos at work. It's kinda hard to have an opinion on something you can't see/hear.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dope Midwest Shit Day 1   Dope Midwest Shit Day 1 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 5:04 pm

LOL I always forget you guys work during the week, sorry...this has been my schedule for awhile now.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: Dope Midwest Shit Day 1   Dope Midwest Shit Day 1 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 5:55 pm

Haven't listend to this in a while, SRP pointed me to BOM where I dl'd the majority of 1000's releases. Good stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dope Midwest Shit Day 1   Dope Midwest Shit Day 1 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 5:57 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
One of my favorite songs/artists out the midwest... I recommend you dig up some old school 9-Milla to throw on this bitch too... some Big Bur-na and definitely some Ghetto Kaos....

upload some shit to youtube and I will, sir.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dope Midwest Shit Day 1   Dope Midwest Shit Day 1 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 7:16 pm

I have always digged that sample so they win on that alone. He has a big west coast influence. Is the whole album on this vibe production wise? This song is tiiight. Nice pick.
Back to top Go down
Xcel
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Xcel

PostSubject: Re: Dope Midwest Shit Day 1   Dope Midwest Shit Day 1 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 7:22 pm

Dope song...

How's the overall album Jeff?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dope Midwest Shit Day 1   Dope Midwest Shit Day 1 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 7:58 pm

His albums all have that vibe to them... he became famous throughout the midwest for his production...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dope Midwest Shit Day 1   Dope Midwest Shit Day 1 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 8:13 pm

SRP knows Playya's ebay account, you get all of his shit through there. And pretty much his whole catalogue is on this vibe (until 20/20, I think, but that's still a dope cd) and it's all very consistent. I think SRP prefers Blame It On Society, I haven't peeped that one yet but it's the one most people know.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Dope Midwest Shit Day 1   Dope Midwest Shit Day 1 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 9:11 pm

This is dope, doesn't really sound midwest though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dope Midwest Shit Day 1   Dope Midwest Shit Day 1 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 9:55 pm

Parker, seriously? You don't listen to a big enough variety of midwest shit if you don't think this sounds midwest. For the greater part of the 90's, the midwest was either on some boom bap shit or pretty much straight up g funk.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Dope Midwest Shit Day 1   Dope Midwest Shit Day 1 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 9:56 pm

dope shit and i guess Oklahoma is midwest...sort of a stretch though, but dope nonetheless
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dope Midwest Shit Day 1   Dope Midwest Shit Day 1 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 9:58 pm

Jesus christ. OK claims midwest, fool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dope Midwest Shit Day 1   Dope Midwest Shit Day 1 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 10:00 pm

Jeff wrote:
Parker, seriously? You don't listen to a big enough variety of midwest shit if you don't think this sounds midwest. For the greater part of the 90's, the midwest was either on some boom bap shit or pretty much straight up g funk.

The midwest has always been a melting pot of styles and sounds. I mean just listen to Tech, Esham, and Nelly and you already see the diversity.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Dope Midwest Shit Day 1   Dope Midwest Shit Day 1 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 10:04 pm

Jeff wrote:

they may claim it but if you ask the majority of people in Michigan what OK is they will say the south, Guaransheed.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Dope Midwest Shit Day 1   Dope Midwest Shit Day 1 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 10:07 pm

Well, when the midwest is on the boom bap, they sound like NY... and when they're on some g funk, they sound LA.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dope Midwest Shit Day 1   Dope Midwest Shit Day 1 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 10:42 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
Well, when the midwest is on the boom bap, they sound like NY... and when they're on some g funk, they sound LA.

There was a point when all of the regions sounded like the east, and when the south first started to get away from the boom bap, they were on some g funk shit, too. These are facts you are aware of, so I don't really understand your point.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dope Midwest Shit Day 1   Dope Midwest Shit Day 1 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 10:42 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
Jeff wrote:

they may claim it but if you ask the majority of people in Michigan what OK is they will say the south, Guaransheed.

If you ask people in NYC where OK is, they probably don't know. So you're not really makin a point here. Do you let people in Iowa tell you what your region your state is in?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dope Midwest Shit Day 1   Dope Midwest Shit Day 1 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 10:58 pm

Jeff wrote:
Kid Joe wrote:

There was a point when all of the regions sounded like the east, and when the south first started to get away from the boom bap, they were on some g funk shit, too. These are facts you are aware of, so I don't really understand your point.

I don't think the south ever really embraced the boom bap. I mean boom bap in some people mind can stretch farther than it really does.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Dope Midwest Shit Day 1   Dope Midwest Shit Day 1 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 11:00 pm

My point is that this song sounds west coast. Apparently you agree with me. So what is your point?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dope Midwest Shit Day 1   Dope Midwest Shit Day 1 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 11:04 pm

My point was, this style is typical of midwest artists, and is therefore apart of their "sound". Also, cats like Breed, Playya, etc were doing this at the same time as the west coast, so really it's been there all along.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Dope Midwest Shit Day 1   Dope Midwest Shit Day 1 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 11:11 pm

I dunno, I would say this is midwest hip hop that sounds like west coast.

Midwest sounds like Black Milk, Wajeed, No ID, Dilla...that's just my thoughts and where I'm coming from. I'm not worried if you want to say that everything sounds midwest because some midwest sounds like everything. Go about it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dope Midwest Shit Day 1   Dope Midwest Shit Day 1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dope Midwest Shit Day 1
Page 1 of 1