Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Recent Purchases and Spins

Go down 
+30
3Kingz
coloured penicillin
KJ Styles
Tic706
Esco
ctrx
Xcel
Jack of Spades
gametheory91
yOGi420™
PKT
Justice
Wayne
Blades
arokone
RuKuS
Half
Myestro
Justin Linker
Deanie O'Banion
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
thelundquist
Purple Haze
E. Taylor
parker lewis
Wanduras
Laced With Slang
T. Myers
Shaun
Highsmith
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

Recent Purchases and Spins  - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins    Recent Purchases and Spins  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 06 Nov 2010, 1:13 pm

Going to be on a "mixtape frenzy" until I buy my next studio album, or I get the sudden urge to bump something else, lol. On today's list will be the new Jim Jones mixtape (w/ Whoo Kid and DJ Scream) "Capo Life" and Fabolous (w/ DJ Drama) There's No Competition parts 1 and 2.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins    Recent Purchases and Spins  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 06 Nov 2010, 1:49 pm

Spun:

Cunninlynguists - A Piece of Strange (in anticipation for Death is Silent to come in the mail)
Tech N9ne - Anghellic
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins    Recent Purchases and Spins  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 06 Nov 2010, 2:29 pm

My copy of Death Is Silent better arrive today, and i hope Rukus has to wait even longer.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins    Recent Purchases and Spins  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 06 Nov 2010, 8:26 pm

My order arrived today, so I spun

Celph Titled & Buckwild - Nineteen Ninety Now

and am in the process of spinning

Q-Unique - Between Heaven & Hell

Dope shit! Not sure why I waited to pick it up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins    Recent Purchases and Spins  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 06 Nov 2010, 9:57 pm

Just spint:

Drake - No More Thank Yous
Cunninlynguists - APOS

Both are surprisingly on the same smooth chill vibe... liked em both...well I had spint APOS before, but I seem to like it more with each spin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins    Recent Purchases and Spins  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 06 Nov 2010, 10:06 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Just spint:

Drake - No More Thank Yous
Cunninlynguists - APOS

Both are surprisingly on the same smooth chill vibe... liked em both...well I had spint APOS before, but I seem to like it more with each spin

Get your C Money yet?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins    Recent Purchases and Spins  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 06 Nov 2010, 10:52 pm

Oh yeah, I got my C-Money this week. It is home made light scribe, but it looks good. Good music too. The Ducci is dope too.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins    Recent Purchases and Spins  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Nov 2010, 2:12 am

spinning:

Vakill - The Darkest Cloud...wow dope fuckin album, ive only spun it once but it may be better than Worst Fears, its definitely got a different feel
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins    Recent Purchases and Spins  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Nov 2010, 2:23 am

I like Darkest Cloud better.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins    Recent Purchases and Spins  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Nov 2010, 3:41 am

arokone wrote:
Spins..

Vpaz - Sesaon
Violator Vol2
John Coltrane - Greatest hits
Aloe Blacc - Good Things--> This cd is growing on me..
Arokone - The Great Escapism - Yeah, I been bumping my ish or at least 6 tracks from my album.

Just ordered:
Celph
Term

Yo, Tran how's that Robinson and Parker album?

Peace

I'm 95% sure you'll dig it man, got that chill, jazzy laid back feel to it...it's worth copping. Parker's beats are outstanding, as usual, and both MCs are nice too. If I can remember correctly, you cop the Parker Lewis album I recommended a while back on Amazon. What do you think of that one?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins    Recent Purchases and Spins  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Nov 2010, 10:17 am

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Oh yeah, I got my C-Money this week. It is home made light scribe, but it looks good. Good music too. The Ducci is dope too.

Is that Ducci the only thing you bought off of him? Or did you get the other stuff too?
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins    Recent Purchases and Spins  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Nov 2010, 7:26 pm

Just ordered:

Statik & Term- 1982
7L & Esoteric- 1212

Both from UGHH, because they came with instros. The samples from 1212 sounded real dope; I can tell I'll enjoy that one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins    Recent Purchases and Spins  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Nov 2010, 7:34 pm

Jeff wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

Is that Ducci the only thing you bought off of him? Or did you get the other stuff too?
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins    Recent Purchases and Spins  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Nov 2010, 7:37 pm

Oh, and before N3R0 starts bitching, he told me to check out 1212. So if anyone else looks at this page and checks it out, thank him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins    Recent Purchases and Spins  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Nov 2010, 7:40 pm

Shaun wrote:
Oh, and before N3R0 starts bitching, he told me to check out 1212. So if anyone else looks at this page and checks it out, thank him.

HA!
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins    Recent Purchases and Spins  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Nov 2010, 7:46 pm

LOL, indeed Shaun.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins    Recent Purchases and Spins  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 08 Nov 2010, 10:44 am

Spinning today:

Recent Purchases and Spins  - Page 5 Jada14
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins    Recent Purchases and Spins  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 08 Nov 2010, 10:50 am

Slang Editorial wrote:
spinning:

Vakill - The Darkest Cloud...wow dope fuckin album, ive only spun it once but it may be better than Worst Fears, its definitely got a different feel

You've only just now heard that album?
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins    Recent Purchases and Spins  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 08 Nov 2010, 9:50 pm

Jeff wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
spinning:

yea i only heard Worst Fears before
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins    Recent Purchases and Spins  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 08 Nov 2010, 9:58 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
Jeff wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
spinning:

I wouldn't say it's better than Worst Fears by any means, but you probably prefer that style of beats. I think Vak's flow is much much better on WFC.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins    Recent Purchases and Spins  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 08 Nov 2010, 10:03 pm

Jeff wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
Jeff wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
spinning:

I wouldn't say it's better than Worst Fears by any means, but you probably prefer that style of beats. I think Vak's flow is much much better on WFC.

I think the albums are equal personally...and he promised giving away armor of god for free if he doesn't give the fans ANYTHING this month
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins    Recent Purchases and Spins  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 08 Nov 2010, 10:13 pm

Half wrote:
Jeff wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
Jeff wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
spinning:

I think the albums are equal personally...and he promised giving away armor of god for free if he doesn't give the fans ANYTHING this month

damn and i am leaning toward calling them about equal too, but ill take a free album
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins    Recent Purchases and Spins  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 08 Nov 2010, 10:29 pm

novakber?

vakember?

Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins    Recent Purchases and Spins  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 08 Nov 2010, 10:59 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
novakber?

vakember?

novakill
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins    Recent Purchases and Spins  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Nov 2010, 4:38 pm

Just got my pre-order of Eligh- GreyCrow, and I can tell this shit is going get to lots of spins from me in the future, Eligh just sounds so damn focus on here, his beats are top notch as well. It's also not as abstract as his previous works.

Love Ov My Life>>>>>>
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins    Recent Purchases and Spins  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Nov 2010, 4:58 pm

Finally got Death is Silent. Haven't listened yet...waiting for when I can give my full attention. The shirt is great quality. Overall very pleased. $40 well spent.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins    Recent Purchases and Spins  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Nov 2010, 9:32 pm

Going to spin these for the remainder of the week:

CNN - The Reunion
Big Pun - Capital Punishment
Fat Joe - Don Cartagena
Fat Joe - Jealous One's Still Envy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins    Recent Purchases and Spins  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Nov 2010, 9:56 pm

Spins-

B-Dub: Discovery
J-Green: Codeine Dreams Vol 3-The OVERDOSE
Kanye West: My Beautiful, Dark, Twisted Fantasy
Twista-Perfect Storm
Kid Cudi-Man On The Moon II:Legend Of Mr. Rager
Cee-lo Green: Lady Killer (all singing! not my thing at all)

and then it's back to work I go so I'll be spinning C-Money: Front Porch Music til Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins    Recent Purchases and Spins  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Nov 2010, 10:06 pm

^ damn that Cee-Lo is ALL singing?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins    Recent Purchases and Spins  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Nov 2010, 10:08 pm

Yezzir. It's all on youtube if you don't want to waste a d/l.
Back to top Go down
Justice
I Deserve A
I Deserve A

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins    Recent Purchases and Spins  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Nov 2010, 10:51 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
^ damn that Cee-Lo is ALL singing?

It's a still a good album. Has kind of an old school vibe to it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins    Recent Purchases and Spins  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Nov 2010, 10:54 pm

VERY Motown.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins    Recent Purchases and Spins  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Nov 2010, 1:16 am

Spins:

Kanye West "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy"
Freeway/Jake One "Stimulus Package"
Statik Selektah "100 Proof"
Ghost/Meth/Rae "Wu Massacre"
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins    Recent Purchases and Spins  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Nov 2010, 1:59 am

What's the Kanye like?
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins    Recent Purchases and Spins  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Nov 2010, 2:09 am

N3R0 didn't like it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins    Recent Purchases and Spins  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Nov 2010, 11:01 am

Highsmith wrote:
Spins:

Kanye West "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy"
Freeway/Jake One "Stimulus Package"
Statik Selektah "100 Proof"
Ghost/Meth/Rae "Wu Massacre"

Has it leaked (Kanye)?

I like that new Cee Lo even though there's no rapping. It has a real nice soul vibe to it. It wears thin toward the back end but its front loaded.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins    Recent Purchases and Spins  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Nov 2010, 11:43 am

Twista-The Perfect Storm
Joe Budden-Mood Muzik 4
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins    Recent Purchases and Spins  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Nov 2010, 12:39 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
What's the Kanye like?

It's hard to say because it's no "wack" per se, but it's hella over produced and it just wears on you over the course of a cd. It seems to me he's trying really hard to get out of the "hip hop" niche, and make his stuff more "musical" if you get my drift. There's a real pulling in both directions simultaneously thing going on, and it makes a lot of the songs suffer as a result. He's very hesitant to just let a song be, and therefore he overcomplicates everything. If you took it one song at a time, it's all pretty dope, but as a whole it feels so forced it's hard not to notice. This is after two spins, and for the record, only the clean version of the album has leaked. It might just be one of those albums that needs to grow on you, but I really think the redeeming qualities will have worn thin by the 5th or 6th spin and all that's left will be pre-chorus after pre-chorus and drawn out bridges and hooks that repeat ad nauseum. To me it really seems as though he wishes there was no backlash for 808s and that's the kind of music he wants to make for the rest of his career.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins    Recent Purchases and Spins  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Nov 2010, 1:27 pm

I have received 2 different versions of the Kanye so I guess that's a leak....lol
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins    Recent Purchases and Spins  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Nov 2010, 8:55 pm

Jeff wrote:
Kid Joe wrote:
What's the Kanye like?

It's hard to say because it's no "wack" per se, but it's hella over produced and it just wears on you over the course of a cd. It seems to me he's trying really hard to get out of the "hip hop" niche, and make his stuff more "musical" if you get my drift. There's a real pulling in both directions simultaneously thing going on, and it makes a lot of the songs suffer as a result. He's very hesitant to just let a song be, and therefore he overcomplicates everything. If you took it one song at a time, it's all pretty dope, but as a whole it feels so forced it's hard not to notice. This is after two spins, and for the record, only the clean version of the album has leaked. It might just be one of those albums that needs to grow on you, but I really think the redeeming qualities will have worn thin by the 5th or 6th spin and all that's left will be pre-chorus after pre-chorus and drawn out bridges and hooks that repeat ad nauseum. To me it really seems as though he wishes there was no backlash for 808s and that's the kind of music he wants to make for the rest of his career.

are there actually Rza and Madlib beats?
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins    Recent Purchases and Spins  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Nov 2010, 12:41 am

Spinning:

Mac Dre - Its Not What You Say...Its How You Say It

sounds dope as fuck so far, west coast dope shit all the way

EDIT: finished it , not gonna lie im kinda pissed he didnt rap over that Bonus Track beat
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins    Recent Purchases and Spins  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Nov 2010, 1:54 am

True. It should have had a verse from both then continue with the bullshiting, What A Hit We Made & My Alphabets will have to do as what it would have sounded like.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins    Recent Purchases and Spins  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Nov 2010, 10:21 am

Slang Editorial wrote:
Jeff wrote:
Kid Joe wrote:
What's the Kanye like?

are there actually Rza and Madlib beats?

Not that I can tell, no Pete Rock to my knowledge either. BUT he may have just taken their "ideas" and re-worked them. That's what he does with No I.D. He'll get a beat from a producer, then do his own interpretation of it. So who knows without linears.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins    Recent Purchases and Spins  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Nov 2010, 11:13 am

The Pete Rock track is out there somewhere
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins    Recent Purchases and Spins  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Nov 2010, 6:23 pm

Spun BTNH's E. 1999 Eternal today.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins    Recent Purchases and Spins  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Nov 2010, 9:53 pm

Nice pick Wayne.

Today went to FYE and got:

Freddie Gibbs "Str8 Killa"
Young Buck "Straight Outta Cashville"

Wanted to get Thug Life Vol. 1 but i just can't pay 18.99 for an album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins    Recent Purchases and Spins  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Nov 2010, 9:49 am

That Freddie Gibbs is fucking awesome IMO.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins    Recent Purchases and Spins  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Nov 2010, 12:20 pm

Shaun wrote:
The Pete Rock track is out there somewhere

Yeah its a GOOD Friday track called The Joy
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins    Recent Purchases and Spins  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Nov 2010, 12:24 pm

Spins:
Killarmy-SWFQW
Killarmy-Dirty Weaponry
LA The Darkman-Heist of The Century
Rae-OB4CL2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins    Recent Purchases and Spins  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Nov 2010, 2:48 pm

Purchases:

Joe Budden - Mood Muzik 4
Kid Cudi - Man On The Moon II
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recent Purchases and Spins    Recent Purchases and Spins  - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recent Purchases and Spins
Page 5 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next