Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NFL Hall of Fame

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Zuri The Ghost A.B.N.
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
Zuri The Ghost A.B.N.

NFL Hall of Fame Empty
PostSubject: NFL Hall of Fame   NFL Hall of Fame Icon_minitimeSat 08 Aug 2009, 4:49 pm

So most us watch football so we know that the Hall Fame ceremonies are today. So my question is who do you y'all think should be in the Hall ?

Shanon Sharpe
Andre Reed
Chris Carter
Drew Pearson
Dan Fouts
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

NFL Hall of Fame Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Hall of Fame   NFL Hall of Fame Icon_minitimeSat 08 Aug 2009, 4:53 pm

The first 3 are shoe ins, IMO
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

NFL Hall of Fame Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Hall of Fame   NFL Hall of Fame Icon_minitimeSat 08 Aug 2009, 5:00 pm

Shaun wrote:
The first 3 are shoe ins, IMO

Same here.

Fouts should've been in, IMO, but I can understand him not being in.
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

NFL Hall of Fame Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Hall of Fame   NFL Hall of Fame Icon_minitimeSat 08 Aug 2009, 5:20 pm

Dunno Drew Pearson, and Fouts, in a crowded QB market, doesn't deserve it. Sharpe is easily the best TE of all time, Cris Carter is borderline to me, but he was one of the best WR's but he was ALWAYS outshined, by dudes like Sterling Sharpe, Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, etc. he was never the best. Andre Reed doesn't deserve it either IMO.
Back to top Go down
Justice
I Deserve A
I Deserve A

NFL Hall of Fame Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Hall of Fame   NFL Hall of Fame Icon_minitimeSat 08 Aug 2009, 8:00 pm

I'm still pissed that The Mouth of the South wasn't a first ballot HOF......

Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

NFL Hall of Fame Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Hall of Fame   NFL Hall of Fame Icon_minitimeSat 08 Aug 2009, 8:02 pm

Shannon Sharpe, Chris Carter are automatic for me.
Back to top Go down

NFL Hall of Fame Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Hall of Fame   NFL Hall of Fame Icon_minitimeSun 09 Aug 2009, 2:37 am

Steve wrote:
Dunno Drew Pearson, and Fouts, in a crowded QB market, doesn't deserve it. Sharpe is easily the best TE of all time, Cris Carter is borderline to me, but he was one of the best WR's but he was ALWAYS outshined, by dudes like Sterling Sharpe, Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, etc. he was never the best. Andre Reed doesn't deserve it either IMO.

Cris Carter DEFINITELY deserves it. He's 3rd all time in receptions. I think he was even with Sterling Sharpe (who's short career cost him a Hall Of Fame bid) and when Randy Moss came into the league, Carter was nearing the twilight of his career. Jerry Rice was the consensus best reciever for most of Carter's career. Cris in his prime was among the Top 3 or 4 recievers in the league. So he's the most deserving on that list IMO. Lesser guys have gotten in, so I don't see why Cris shouldn't be in.

Andre Reed deserves it too. He's 6th all time in receptions, and IMO the biggest reason behind Jim Kelly's induction into the HOF.

I feel that Tony Gonzales has had a better career than Shannon Sharpe, but I agree that Sharpe should get in as well.

Dan Fouts deserves to get in eventually, but probably won't this year. Had he won a Super Bowl he'd be a shoe in though given his stats.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

NFL Hall of Fame Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Hall of Fame   NFL Hall of Fame Icon_minitimeSun 09 Aug 2009, 12:03 pm

"I feel that Tony Gonzales has had a better career than Shannon Sharpe, but I agree that Sharpe should get in as well."

Yeah... but as you say, he has no championships. But he does have a few records and 10 straight Pro Bowls
Back to top Go down

NFL Hall of Fame Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Hall of Fame   NFL Hall of Fame Icon_minitimeSun 09 Aug 2009, 12:44 pm

Shaun wrote:
"I feel that Tony Gonzales has had a better career than Shannon Sharpe, but I agree that Sharpe should get in as well."

Yeah... but as you say, he has no championships. But he does have a few records and 10 straight Pro Bowls

Exactly. But tight ends aren't really judged by rings. Even though there have been some great ones, they don't change the face of franchises.
Back to top Go down
Zuri The Ghost A.B.N.
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
Zuri The Ghost A.B.N.

NFL Hall of Fame Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Hall of Fame   NFL Hall of Fame Icon_minitimeSun 09 Aug 2009, 12:54 pm

Y'all arent going to name anyone you think should be in the hall ?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

NFL Hall of Fame Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Hall of Fame   NFL Hall of Fame Icon_minitimeSun 09 Aug 2009, 12:55 pm

I would personally take Shannon Sharpe over Tony G, but you can't go wrong with either. Their receiving skills are comparable, but i think Sharpe is a much better blocker in the running game. Sharpe blocks better downfield too. Sharpe's definitely more of a leader IMO.
Back to top Go down

NFL Hall of Fame Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Hall of Fame   NFL Hall of Fame Icon_minitimeSun 09 Aug 2009, 1:08 pm

Zuri The Ghost A.B.N. wrote:
Y'all arent going to name anyone you think should be in the hall ?

There are a TON of people, but those are the newly eligible guys. Others are obvious like Jerry Rice and Emmitt Smith.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NFL Hall of Fame Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Hall of Fame   NFL Hall of Fame Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NFL Hall of Fame
Page 1 of 1