Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Overrated or Underrated

Go down 
+3
Esco
Dang! Trotter
T. Myers
7 posters
AuthorMessage
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Overrated or Underrated Empty
PostSubject: Overrated or Underrated   Overrated or Underrated Icon_minitimeMon 30 Nov 2009, 6:32 pm

Here's my idea. Everyday i will list an album and people will have to choose whether they thing the album is overrated or underrated. Hopefully it can and will spark some healthy debate. I don't want the lovey dovey bickering that Shaun and N3R0 do(i'm actually a little concerned with their flirting to be honest). I want actual debate. So, is this something people would be interested in?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated   Overrated or Underrated Icon_minitimeMon 30 Nov 2009, 6:36 pm

I thought I was combative...now I'm too soft?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated   Overrated or Underrated Icon_minitimeMon 30 Nov 2009, 7:57 pm

I'm interested, unlike that bitch who will remain nameless.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated   Overrated or Underrated Icon_minitimeMon 30 Nov 2009, 7:59 pm

Overrated: Jay-Z Reasonable Doubts, Blue Print 3
Blu & Exile : Below the Heavens
Any Common album produced by Kanye West
Dr Dre Chronic 2001
Organized Konfusion-Stress the Extintion Agenda
Jedi Mind Tricks-Violent by Design
RedMan-Muddy Waters
Elzhi-The Preface (even though Im liking this more & more)
Mob Deep-Murda Musik
50 cent-GRODT
Fugees-The Score (sorry)

Underrated:
Megalon's Penny For Your Thought
Roots-Game Theory
JMT-Legacy Of Blood
Army Of The Pharoahs-Ritual Of Battle
Semin Silla-The Name....The Outcome (waaay underrated)
GodFather Don-Diablolique
Pharoah Monch-Eternal Affiars
Mos Def=True Magic
Canibus-rip the Jacka
Just-Ice: GunTalk
MOP-WARRIORS
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated   Overrated or Underrated Icon_minitimeMon 30 Nov 2009, 8:09 pm

Sounds like a dope idea.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated   Overrated or Underrated Icon_minitimeMon 30 Nov 2009, 8:29 pm

SMH @ most of Trotter's overrated picks.

But anyway I'm down with it. But just so you know, I'm gonna bring the heat with every debate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated   Overrated or Underrated Icon_minitimeMon 30 Nov 2009, 8:32 pm

You gonna lay it on us KJ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated   Overrated or Underrated Icon_minitimeMon 30 Nov 2009, 8:37 pm

The Real Real Jeru wrote:
You gonna lay it on us KJ?

LOL yup, be prepared for some hardcore debates.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated   Overrated or Underrated Icon_minitimeTue 01 Dec 2009, 12:42 am

LMAO

terry r u still doin the top 100?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated   Overrated or Underrated Icon_minitimeTue 01 Dec 2009, 12:42 am

Yeah it seems like polls are the only thing that keeps this forum from dying. I was going to start the 90's vs thread like Jeff is doing for this decade but that may be an overkill.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated   Overrated or Underrated Icon_minitimeTue 01 Dec 2009, 12:43 am

Kev just go for it...no one is arguing in mine. Just complaining lol. But it's all good, there's a reason I suggested you for the 90's.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated   Overrated or Underrated Icon_minitimeTue 01 Dec 2009, 12:46 am

Slang Editorial wrote:
LMAO

terry r u still doin the top 100?

I'm gonna do the top 100 tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated   Overrated or Underrated Icon_minitimeTue 01 Dec 2009, 12:50 am

yo start that overrated/underrated thread now this place is poppin tonight
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated   Overrated or Underrated Icon_minitimeTue 01 Dec 2009, 12:54 am

KRob86 wrote:
Yeah it seems like polls are the only thing that keeps this forum from dying.

See, I'm of the mind that it's the other way around...

I mean, a poll here or there does the trick for me, but the overflow is kind of repetitive, IMO. I participate occasionally still, though.

I think a lot of heads just come through for the chat. I don't post as much because I do most of my talking there. Maybe there are others out there doing the same. I don't know...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated   Overrated or Underrated Icon_minitimeTue 01 Dec 2009, 12:55 am

Except tonight.
Back to top Go down
Dwight
Dwight

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated   Overrated or Underrated Icon_minitimeTue 01 Dec 2009, 1:05 am

I like the idea. And what ever happened to the top 50 producers thread Esco? Is it finished?
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated   Overrated or Underrated Icon_minitimeTue 01 Dec 2009, 1:39 am

Kopasetick wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

I mean, a poll here or there does the trick for me, but the overflow is kind of repetitive, IMO. I participate occasionally still, though.

I think a lot of heads just come through for the chat. I don't post as much because I do most of my talking there. Maybe there are others out there doing the same. I don't know...

i come here for the posts/topics...i actually think the chat hurts the forum cuz only some people always consistently go in it. I prefer posting so i dont have to pay attention to the chat all the time when im on the comp
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated   Overrated or Underrated Icon_minitimeTue 01 Dec 2009, 8:10 am

does anyone else think Trotter may be the biggest hater on this board. Sorry Trotter, it seems like you hate anything not released by M.I.C.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated   Overrated or Underrated Icon_minitimeTue 01 Dec 2009, 9:06 am

Slang Editorial wrote:
Kopasetick wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

i come here for the posts/topics...i actually think the chat hurts the forum cuz only some people always consistently go in it. I prefer posting so i dont have to pay attention to the chat all the time when im on the comp

I agree....If everyone at least tried to participate we would get more traffic I guess. Another problem is we have no new blood to come shake things up. We all pretty much know each others taste on this forum after all these years so we don't debate much anymore.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated   Overrated or Underrated Icon_minitimeTue 01 Dec 2009, 9:06 am

No, i don't think Trotter is the biggest hater on the forum. he's a little eccentric, but definitely not the biggest hater IMO.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated   Overrated or Underrated Icon_minitimeTue 01 Dec 2009, 9:08 am

We try to get new people, but they only seem to create their account and never participate. We've tried telling them there's a different culture around here without Steve, but the damage has already been done.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated   Overrated or Underrated Icon_minitimeTue 01 Dec 2009, 9:25 am

Word.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated   Overrated or Underrated Icon_minitimeTue 01 Dec 2009, 5:59 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Word.

i agree with what you said above, people register than never post....and the topics are usually what are supposed get people goin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overrated or Underrated   Overrated or Underrated Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Overrated or Underrated
Page 1 of 1