Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

100 Greatest Nominee Day 43

Go down 
+3
Justin Linker
D.Powell
T. Myers
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Top 50, Top 100, or Neither
Top 50
100 Greatest Nominee Day 43 - Page 5 Vote_lcap30%100 Greatest Nominee Day 43 - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 30% [ 6 ]
Top 100
100 Greatest Nominee Day 43 - Page 5 Vote_lcap40%100 Greatest Nominee Day 43 - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 40% [ 8 ]
Neither
100 Greatest Nominee Day 43 - Page 5 Vote_lcap30%100 Greatest Nominee Day 43 - Page 5 Vote_rcap
 30% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 20

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

100 Greatest Nominee Day 43 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 43   100 Greatest Nominee Day 43 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 02 Jun 2009, 3:49 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Exactly Terry that's equal to throwing your ass a half eaten chicken bone....lol

that would set you off something crazy right?? lol

LOL! Exactly
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 43   100 Greatest Nominee Day 43 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 02 Jun 2009, 3:51 pm

"
Yeah Shon I'm putting Chuck on the same damn level as Kool G Rap and Biggie...he's in my top ten of all-time as well as those others so he is certainly on their level...YES SHON I'm putting him there
"

Wow, I was just asking. No need to be angry about a question.

For the record, Chuck and G Rap are in my top 10, too
Back to top Go down
Dwight
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Dwight

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 43   100 Greatest Nominee Day 43 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 02 Jun 2009, 4:26 pm

Top 100 for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 43   100 Greatest Nominee Day 43 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 02 Jun 2009, 4:29 pm

Man, I gotta say the first 4 Outkast albums are definitely classics IMO. The separation of cohesiveness between Big Boi & Andre I can slightly see. But I happen to like the balance they reach on "Aquemini" the most. And "Stankonia" also reached a nice balance of experimentation. Those later two were definitely forward thinkers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 43   100 Greatest Nominee Day 43 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 02 Jun 2009, 4:38 pm

Minnesota Hip-Hop Fiend wrote:
KJ,

Here's my take/opinion on Luda...

IMO Luda can definitely be a tight rapper when he wants to be. Like on "Phat Rabbit" for instance. But he comes off sloppy much of the time. I didn't care a whole lot of the constant yelling and call & response choruses. Overall, he's good at what he does, but I'd like to see him more lyrical. My favorites were "What's Your Fantasy", "Mouthing Off", "Stick 'Em Up" feat. UGK, "Catch Up", "Southern Hospitality", & "Phat Rabbit".

While I was bumping it, I was talking to my roommate, and he had "Chicken & Beer", so I listened to most of that. And honestly, I liked the standouts on there more. Like "Southern Fried Intro", "Blow It Out", "Stand Up", "Hard Times", "Screwed Up", & "Hip Hop Quotables" (my fav). Lyrically, he sounds better and more complex. Which I like.

Pounds,

I understand what you mean about the call & response choruses, but they're not a problem for me honestly. I think Luda is very lyrical and has some clever punchlines. I also enjoy all of those songs you mentioned on "Back For The First Time". Other Favs of mine on that album are "U Got A Problem", and "Game Got Switched".

Chicken & Beer was a good album, but not as good as his debut IMO. I will say that "Hip Hop Quotables" is my favorite song on that album as well, "Hoes In My Room", and "Splash Waterfalls" are other favs of mine.

Other albums I'd recommend from Luda are "Word Of Mouf" and "Theater Of The Mind".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 43   100 Greatest Nominee Day 43 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 02 Jun 2009, 4:46 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Minnesota Hip-Hop Fiend wrote:
KJ,

Here's my take/opinion on Luda...

IMO Luda can definitely be a tight rapper when he wants to be. Like on "Phat Rabbit" for instance. But he comes off sloppy much of the time. I didn't care a whole lot of the constant yelling and call & response choruses. Overall, he's good at what he does, but I'd like to see him more lyrical. My favorites were "What's Your Fantasy", "Mouthing Off", "Stick 'Em Up" feat. UGK, "Catch Up", "Southern Hospitality", & "Phat Rabbit".

While I was bumping it, I was talking to my roommate, and he had "Chicken & Beer", so I listened to most of that. And honestly, I liked the standouts on there more. Like "Southern Fried Intro", "Blow It Out", "Stand Up", "Hard Times", "Screwed Up", & "Hip Hop Quotables" (my fav). Lyrically, he sounds better and more complex. Which I like.

Pounds,

I understand what you mean about the call & response choruses, but they're not a problem for me honestly. I think Luda is very lyrical and has some clever punchlines. I also enjoy all of those songs you mentioned on "Back For The First Time". Other Favs of mine on that album are "U Got A Problem", and "Game Got Switched".

Chicken & Beer was a good album, but not as good as his debut IMO. I will say that "Hip Hop Quotables" is my favorite song on that album as well, "Hoes In My Room", and "Splash Waterfalls" are other favs of mine.

Other albums I'd recommend from Luda are "Word Of Mouf" and "Theater Of The Mind".

I agree Luda can be lyrical. I thought he displayed more of that lyricism on Chicken & Beer. I'm not sure I'd call it better though. I wasn't feeling every song (on either album really). I just liked the overall sound of it more. Those hooks/choruses do turn me off though. Some were nice, but most sounded pretty samey to me after a while. I'll check out some of his other stuff sometime though.

You able to find a link for that AD?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greatest Nominee Day 43   100 Greatest Nominee Day 43 - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

100 Greatest Nominee Day 43
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5