Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Eulorhythmics - Green St. & Avers

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

Eulorhythmics - Green St. & Avers Empty
PostSubject: Eulorhythmics - Green St. & Avers   Eulorhythmics - Green St. & Avers Icon_minitimeTue 04 May 2010, 8:05 pm

Now that everyone that cares about it has had some time to let it settle, what is your ranking for the album?

Initially, it was a nice 4.5 stars for me. Lyrically, I still think it deserves that much. The production from Kenny Keys? Shit is solid, but is lacking compared to "Extended Play".

The biggest problem IMO is the engineering. At first I thought the album was just pumped full of bass, which it is, but it's really not clean and clear like "Extended Play" is. In fact, the levels just seem to be a bit off in general. It varies from track to track, which is distracting. It doesn't sound that great in my car, but even my big boomin' stereo I have in the basement...I still gotta turn that bass down. If I left the settings the same like I do for 90% of the albums I bump, the bass would render the vocals nearly inaudible when played loud. So that's basically my main gripe.

Still a dope album. aDad kills those lyrics and it's easily one of the best albums I've heard this year, but my rating has dropped to 4 stars due to sound issues.
Back to top Go down
arokone
Jazz Fiend
arokone

PostSubject: Re: Eulorhythmics - Green St. & Avers   Eulorhythmics - Green St. & Avers Icon_minitimeTue 04 May 2010, 8:13 pm

^^^I co-sign your assessment Alan.. I thought it was just me and my ears that was hearing the not so clean/mastered sound.. I still have it at 3.5, but a 3.5 in my book is still really good..

I think my appreciation for extended play overshadows this project, but Green st and Avers is still in rotation and hasn't left since my barber gave me the cd.

Peace
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Eulorhythmics - Green St. & Avers   Eulorhythmics - Green St. & Avers Icon_minitimeTue 04 May 2010, 8:17 pm

I've still got it at 4.25 and don't think it's moving. It's #2 for the year for me.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Eulorhythmics - Green St. & Avers   Eulorhythmics - Green St. & Avers Icon_minitimeTue 04 May 2010, 9:09 pm

4 stars for me as well, pretty much for the sound issues. Tracks like Duhn Duhn could have been pure classics, but the sound engineering was a little shaky. Doos is still my favorite track, primarily because the sound is perfect on that one.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Eulorhythmics - Green St. & Avers   Eulorhythmics - Green St. & Avers Icon_minitimeTue 04 May 2010, 9:12 pm

Alan wrote:
The biggest problem IMO is the engineering. At first I thought the album was just pumped full of bass, which it is, but it's really not clean and clear like "Extended Play" is. In fact, the levels just seem to be a bit off in general.

Ya know....I thought maybe I was hearing things at first. The production is a little disappointing in spots and the new album buzz has worn off. I have it in the 3.75/4 area right now.

arokone wrote:
I think my appreciation for extended play overshadows this project, but Green st and Avers is still in rotation and hasn't left since my barber gave me the cd.

Yeah, man. EP was pretty much perfect. Albums like that can set the bar pretty high and alter expectations.
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Eulorhythmics - Green St. & Avers   Eulorhythmics - Green St. & Avers Icon_minitimeWed 05 May 2010, 7:54 pm

halfsharkalligatorhalfman wrote:
4 stars for me as well, pretty much for the sound issues. Tracks like Duhn Duhn could have been pure classics, but the sound engineering was a little shaky. Doos is still my favorite track, primarily because the sound is perfect on that one.

I still have the album in rotation, but my favorite cuts are 2-4. Great cuts too. The more I play it, the more I'm finding favorites later on in the mix, but the production gets spotty on some of those. And I really think it's the engineering more that the beats, because if it was crisp and clear, I'd enjoy it more like some of the more minimal soundscapes on Extended Play.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eulorhythmics - Green St. & Avers   Eulorhythmics - Green St. & Avers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eulorhythmics - Green St. & Avers
Page 1 of 1