Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

100 Greastest Nominee Day 50 (B)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Top 50, Top 100, or Neither?
Top 50
100 Greastest Nominee Day 50 (B) - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%100 Greastest Nominee Day 50 (B) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Top 100
100 Greastest Nominee Day 50 (B) - Page 2 Vote_lcap29%100 Greastest Nominee Day 50 (B) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 29% [ 4 ]
Neither
100 Greastest Nominee Day 50 (B) - Page 2 Vote_lcap71%100 Greastest Nominee Day 50 (B) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 71% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 14

Poll closed

AuthorMessage

100 Greastest Nominee Day 50 (B) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 50 (B)   100 Greastest Nominee Day 50 (B) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 08 Jun 2009, 6:46 pm

Pounds Score - 1 Star = True Score.

Unless it is white MN rappers then:

Pounds Score - 5 stars = True Score.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 50 (B)   100 Greastest Nominee Day 50 (B) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 08 Jun 2009, 7:04 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Pounds Score - 1 Star = True Score.

Unless it is white MN rappers then:

Pounds Score - 5 stars = True Score.

SRP, you're slippin' with these jokes man. They used to be clever and well-placed. Now look at your sorry azz. This doesn't even remotely apply to anything we are talking about. Keep trying. I know you will...

100 Greastest Nominee Day 50 (B) - Page 2 222431
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 50 (B)   100 Greastest Nominee Day 50 (B) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 08 Jun 2009, 7:37 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Oh and Canibus ain't "earth-shattering" either my dude, so let's not get it twisted...

man you are completely misunderstanding Steve's argument.

Steve said that if someone is going to be voted in on INFLUENCE ALONE then the influence better be earth-shattering, but Mantronix doesnt seem to have that earth-shattering influence.

This logic doesnt apply to Canibus because Steve (and everyone that voted him in) didnt vote Canibus in because of influence, but because he is a good MC. Nothing to do with influence there man, just because someone is influential does NOT mean they are better than another person. Influence may be taken into account but when influence becomes more important than the skill and talent of an artist it contradicts the general notion of the word "greatest" because if the skill is not there compared to other artists then they should not be considered one of the greatest. An artist can be great at making hip-hop music without having influence, but an artist does not have to be great to have influence.

(i.e. Lil Wayne)
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 50 (B)   100 Greastest Nominee Day 50 (B) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 08 Jun 2009, 8:45 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
Oh and Canibus ain't "earth-shattering" either my dude, so let's not get it twisted...

Steve said that if someone is going to be voted in on INFLUENCE ALONE then the influence better be earth-shattering, but Mantronix doesnt seem to have that earth-shattering influence.

This logic doesnt apply to Canibus because Steve (and everyone that voted him in) didnt vote Canibus in because of influence, but because he is a good MC. Nothing to do with influence there man, just because someone is influential does NOT mean they are better than another person. Influence may be taken into account but when influence becomes more important than the skill and talent of an artist it contradicts the general notion of the word "greatest" because if the skill is not there compared to other artists then they should not be considered one of the greatest. An artist can be great at making hip-hop music without having influence, but an artist does not have to be great to have influence.

(i.e. Lil Wayne)

Slang can I ask you a question man?? are you a Lil Wayne fan on the low??

I only ask because everytime you speak you seem to invoke the man's name which means he's always on your mind which means a secret fan in the making IMO...

I'm comparing Canibus to the words "earth shattering" my dude...Canibus was not an "earth shattering" emcee...maybe to you he was but to me he was a really good mixtape emcee, kinda like Big L or Sheek Louch

none of those guys are "earth shattering" to me but dudes that can spit their black asses off..

Mantronix on the other hand contributed changes in the way hip-hop records were being produced...he added that "electro" sound to it which maybe now seems disgusting but at the time was "earth shattering"...he set a trend my dude as well as made great music IMO....he was requested by many to work on their projects...now keep in mind that this was going on in the mid 80's....I was young as hell myself when this was happening...ummm Slang how old were you in say 1985??

CASE CLOSED!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 50 (B)   100 Greastest Nominee Day 50 (B) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 08 Jun 2009, 8:48 pm

Doesn't bother me man, everyone on this planet except for a few delusional NYC dudes know Pac is light years ahead of Biggie, and EVERYONE except you knows All Eyez on Me is a classic and Light Years ahead of Life After Death...Biggie was a failure as a Pac clone, and I'm glad Pac killed him.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 50 (B)   100 Greastest Nominee Day 50 (B) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 08 Jun 2009, 8:51 pm

Steve wrote:
Doesn't bother me man, everyone on this planet except for a few delusional NYC dudes know Pac is light years ahead of Biggie, and EVERYONE except you knows All Eyez on Me is a classic and Light Years ahead of Life After Death...Biggie was a failure as a Pac clone, and I'm glad Pac killed him.

LOL...Steve your a sick motherfucker man...go get some help quickly my dude..

does your girl know about this problem??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 50 (B)   100 Greastest Nominee Day 50 (B) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 08 Jun 2009, 8:53 pm

I'm joking about the Pac killing him part, but the rest is true.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 50 (B)   100 Greastest Nominee Day 50 (B) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 08 Jun 2009, 10:50 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

(i.e. Lil Wayne)

I only ask because everytime you speak you seem to invoke the man's name which means he's always on your mind which means a secret fan in the making IMO...

I'm comparing Canibus to the words "earth shattering" my dude...Canibus was not an "earth shattering" emcee...maybe to you he was but to me he was a really good mixtape emcee, kinda like Big L or Sheek Louch

none of those guys are "earth shattering" to me but dudes that can spit their black asses off..

Mantronix on the other hand contributed changes in the way hip-hop records were being produced...he added that "electro" sound to it which maybe now seems disgusting but at the time was "earth shattering"...he set a trend my dude as well as made great music IMO....he was requested by many to work on their projects...now keep in mind that this was going on in the mid 80's....I was young as hell myself when this was happening...ummm Slang how old were you in say 1985??

CASE CLOSED!

i understand your points but your still not understanding the initial argument. The word earth-shattering only applies in Steve's argument when he was saying an artist who lacks the skill but makes up for it with influence should only be elected if that influence is earth-shattering. He never said Canibus was earth-shattering. He said in order for an emcee to be elected based solely because of influence that infuence must be earth-shattering and he went on to say Mantronix influence was not earth-shattering. His reasoning for Canibus being elected was not based solely on influence so he didnt need earth-shattering influence to get elected in his and others opinions. People elected Canibus for other reasons such as lyrics, skill, and how much they enjoy their albums, etc....other factors. He never said he had earth-shattering influence. Stop twisting arguments to mean something the person who originally said it did not say. Does that make sense dude? You're comparing earth-shattering to Canibus is irrelevant because no one ever said his influence was but your acting like they did, all I am doing is pointing out that you twisted the argument and didnt understand it, and it still doesnt seem like you have.

That being said, i did not vote for Mantronix since I do not know enough about them, so dont call me out on not being around cuz im taking a neutral stance on this argument but saying that you're taking what Steve said to mean something completely different than he intended.

and btw im not a Wayne fan just used him as an example of someone who has a ton of influence, but is not great. I just think you should think about other factors more than influence when voting on these and before attacking other people for not being around the time some of these artists were getting known. I listen to older hip hop way more than newer stuff, just because i wasnt there doesnt mean i dont know what the fuck im talking about.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 50 (B)   100 Greastest Nominee Day 50 (B) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 08 Jun 2009, 11:23 pm

Steve wrote:

Dude, I know you love Pac and all, but he didn't kill ANYBODY. Everyone on the planet DOES NOT feel that Pac is better than Biggie. You don't live here on the East Coast so you can't honestly say that. As you know, I feel the exact opposite.

I also feel that Life After Death is better than All Eyez On Me by a full star point. In fact, AEOM isn't even Pac's best double album. Are You Still Down is better IMO.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 50 (B)   100 Greastest Nominee Day 50 (B) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 7:16 am

Slang Editorial wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

(i.e. Lil Wayne)

CASE CLOSED!

i understand your points but your still not understanding the initial argument. The word earth-shattering only applies in Steve's argument when he was saying an artist who lacks the skill but makes up for it with influence should only be elected if that influence is earth-shattering. He never said Canibus was earth-shattering. He said in order for an emcee to be elected based solely because of influence that infuence must be earth-shattering and he went on to say Mantronix influence was not earth-shattering. His reasoning for Canibus being elected was not based solely on influence so he didnt need earth-shattering influence to get elected in his and others opinions. People elected Canibus for other reasons such as lyrics, skill, and how much they enjoy their albums, etc....other factors. He never said he had earth-shattering influence. Stop twisting arguments to mean something the person who originally said it did not say. Does that make sense dude? You're comparing earth-shattering to Canibus is irrelevant because no one ever said his influence was but your acting like they did, all I am doing is pointing out that you twisted the argument and didnt understand it, and it still doesnt seem like you have.

That being said, i did not vote for Mantronix since I do not know enough about them, so dont call me out on not being around cuz im taking a neutral stance on this argument but saying that you're taking what Steve said to mean something completely different than he intended.

and btw im not a Wayne fan just used him as an example of someone who has a ton of influence, but is not great. I just think you should think about other factors more than influence when voting on these and before attacking other people for not being around the time some of these artists were getting known. I listen to older hip hop way more than newer stuff, just because i wasnt there doesnt mean i dont know what the fuck im talking about.

Umm Slang are you and Steve the same person??

are you in Steve's mind when he thinks??

then how in the world do you know what he's trying to convey when he speaks??
everything you just wrote makes absolutely no sense whatsoever unless you and Steve are the same person my dude...are you?? because then it makes complete sense otherwise it's just nonsense..which one is it dawg???
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 50 (B)   100 Greastest Nominee Day 50 (B) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Jun 2009, 7:22 am

And Slang if you weren't there then you don't know completely what your talking about does this make sense??

if you've never had chinese food but you've always heard how good it tastes would you consider yourself qualiified to speak on it???

you weren't around during those legendary "golden ages" so I can't consider you an authority on what was happening at the time...a researcher?? maybe..but youtube,cd's and google can't give you that experience my dude....I'm sure you understand this man...I appreciate that you didn't vote here and I wish more heads were like you in terms of being honest with themselves but it's all good because I know that will never happen on this forum...shit who cares at least it creates interesting debates right??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 100 Greastest Nominee Day 50 (B)   100 Greastest Nominee Day 50 (B) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

100 Greastest Nominee Day 50 (B)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2