Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where does your NFL Team currently stand?

Go down 
+4
T. Myers
Funk Seoul Brother
Shaun
ACRID"
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ACRID"
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
ACRID

Where does your NFL Team currently stand? Empty
PostSubject: Where does your NFL Team currently stand?   Where does your NFL Team currently stand? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 3:54 pm

Mine-(Raiders)- Some note-worthy moves on the defense and offense...I know we're stacked with QB's..If Russell doesnt get his shit together soon, i forsee a Kerry Collins/Vince Young type switch during the season with Jeff Garcia stepping in..resigned alot of contributing factors, cut out alot of fat...As far as defense, we have the backfield covered, Im just hoping we can stop the run once and for all...we have alot of weapons on the offense, young but potentially good....Head Coach talks the talk during the off-season, i just hope he can walk it out this season.......

--arduous fuckin' season ahead-(@NYG,@PITT,@DAL,vs.PHI)..we also open up the season..again w/ Monday Nite Football vs. The Chargers in OAK...hopin' we dump on 'em" Cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where does your NFL Team currently stand?   Where does your NFL Team currently stand? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 4:04 pm

You remember the Raiders last year's Monday Night Football game against the Broncos? The score was like 49-0? lol

My team is going to win the Superbowl next year, you can take that to the bank. Matt Ryan, Burner the Turner, Roddy White, and Tony G....now that's what you call unstoppable! Cheers

Last edited by <Space Muzik> on Tue 30 Jun 2009, 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Where does your NFL Team currently stand?   Where does your NFL Team currently stand? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 4:05 pm

Seahawks: Still the best team in the league (minus the QB position). If they get rid of the plague that is Matt Hasslebeck, the Superbowl is theirs (even though it already should have been)!

Bills: Hopefully we can see the playoffs this year. Gotten wayyyyyyyyyy too close the last couple of years. I'm expecting a Bills vs. Seahawks final game.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Where does your NFL Team currently stand?   Where does your NFL Team currently stand? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 4:06 pm

Just realized that this thread is basically pointless, lol. Everyone is going to say that their team is going to win the Superbowl
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Where does your NFL Team currently stand?   Where does your NFL Team currently stand? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 4:11 pm

NOTE-I said CURRENTLY stand- no predictions for the completion of the season...
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Where does your NFL Team currently stand?   Where does your NFL Team currently stand? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 4:16 pm

Oh shit. Haha; well, either way, you probably won't get many honest opinions. All I know is Seattle got the best player in the draft, and if the QB situation gets fixed, we win everything
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Where does your NFL Team currently stand?   Where does your NFL Team currently stand? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 5:11 pm

My team seems to be in quite a disarray on the offensive end. Following the loss of Owens, we are in a huge hole at WR. I don't know if Roy E. Williams has what it takes to "fill" his empty shoes but he really needs to get his shit together. I realize last year he was rushed into the system so I'll give him a semi-pass.

Additionally, Romo really puzzles me. He has so much talent but ALWAYS seems to bottle in the big games. He undoubtedly one of the best gunslingers in the league, but his reputation keep getting tarnished each year with each playoff failure. I know its not his fault solely but as the leader he needs to be help accountable.

On the defensive side of the ball I'm not as concerned though our secondary seems to be Swiss cheese. I would love to have a premier safety or corner holding it down for us but it doesn't look likely. Newman always seems to be injured and Hamlin can only do so much. Hopefully Jenkins steps up for us as he showed plenty of promise last season.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Where does your NFL Team currently stand?   Where does your NFL Team currently stand? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 5:12 pm

Didn't Seattle beat Dallas in the playoffs like two years ago? Haha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where does your NFL Team currently stand?   Where does your NFL Team currently stand? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 5:20 pm

Patriots Super Bowl champs, Tom Brady is the best QB of all time.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Where does your NFL Team currently stand?   Where does your NFL Team currently stand? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 5:21 pm

Titans>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Where does your NFL Team currently stand?   Where does your NFL Team currently stand? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 5:24 pm

Shon wrote:
Didn't Seattle beat Dallas in the playoffs like two years ago? Haha

Yes.... Sad
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Where does your NFL Team currently stand?   Where does your NFL Team currently stand? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 5:25 pm

Titans suck. They get the refs to call forward lateral's backwards
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Where does your NFL Team currently stand?   Where does your NFL Team currently stand? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 5:27 pm

Shon wrote:
Titans suck. They get the refs to call forward lateral's backwards

This is the opinion of a scorned Bills fan. Maybe if Flutie starts that game, the out come is different. Kears was all over Johnson that game.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Where does your NFL Team currently stand?   Where does your NFL Team currently stand? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 5:32 pm

Johnson was the worst QB in the history of the game.

And you know that lateral was forward, don't even deny it
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Where does your NFL Team currently stand?   Where does your NFL Team currently stand? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 5:35 pm

Shon wrote:
Johnson was the worst QB in the history of the game.

And you know that lateral was forward, don't even deny it

It did not look like a backwards pass, but there was no way of telling if it was a forward pass. Therefore the call on the field stands. Let me tell you. I've never heard that many people that quiet while the play was being reviewed.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Where does your NFL Team currently stand?   Where does your NFL Team currently stand? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 5:49 pm

Lions: obviously they fucking suck but i actually like the moves we made this offseason

i think Schwartz is gonna be a good coach, hes committed to defense and weve been building up our defense this offseason. Our Linebacking core is actually gonna be good (Ernie Sims, Julian Peterson, Larry Foote), i like the safety we drafted (Louis Delmas) and we have the most talent wide reciver in the NFL (Calvin Johnson)

if Stafford gets a year to watch Culpepper i think he can eventually be a really good QB
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Where does your NFL Team currently stand?   Where does your NFL Team currently stand? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 5:51 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
Lions: obviously they fucking suck but i actually like the moves we made this offseason

i think Schwartz is gonna be a good coach, hes committed to defense and weve been building up our defense this offseason. Our Linebacking core is actually gonna be good (Ernie Sims, Julian Peterson, Larry Foote), i like the safety we drafted (Louis Delmas) and we have the most talent wide reciver in the NFL (Calvin Johnson)

if Stafford gets a year to watch Culpepper i think he can eventually be a really good QB

Calvin Johnson is not the clear cut best WR. He's in the top 3, and those 3 are interchangable.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Where does your NFL Team currently stand?   Where does your NFL Team currently stand? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 5:52 pm

^ i said most talented (like raw, natural talent)
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Where does your NFL Team currently stand?   Where does your NFL Team currently stand? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 5:53 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:

I know what you said, and he's not as gifted as Andre Johnson. Andre Johnson is a beast in efvery way possible
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where does your NFL Team currently stand?   Where does your NFL Team currently stand? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 5:59 pm

Steve wrote:
Patriots Super Bowl champs, Tom Brady is the best QB of all time.

Joe Montana >>>>>>>>>> Tom Brady
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Where does your NFL Team currently stand?   Where does your NFL Team currently stand? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 6:03 pm

Jim Kelly>>>>>>>> Tom Brady
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where does your NFL Team currently stand?   Where does your NFL Team currently stand? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 6:10 pm

Shon wrote:
Jim Kelly>>>>>>>> Tom Brady

Hmmmm I wouldn't go that far, but I respect your loyalty.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where does your NFL Team currently stand?   Where does your NFL Team currently stand? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 6:12 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

I know what you said, and he's not as gifted as Andre Johnson. Andre Johnson is a beast in efvery way possible

I dunno, I might have to give that one to Calvin, but it's close. Andre Johnson is a beast, but Calvin Johnson can seemingly make catches in rush hour traffic. I'd say those two and Larry Fitzgerald are the Top 3 right now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where does your NFL Team currently stand?   Where does your NFL Team currently stand? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 6:59 pm

tom brady smashes all of joe montanas records, his one year with a good WR he had the best year for a QB ever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where does your NFL Team currently stand?   Where does your NFL Team currently stand? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 7:37 pm

Steve wrote:
tom brady smashes all of joe montanas records, his one year with a good WR he had the best year for a QB ever.

Montana never threw a INT in a Super Bowl, nor has he ever lost a Super Bowl.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where does your NFL Team currently stand?   Where does your NFL Team currently stand? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 7:43 pm

how many super bowls did montana win his first 5 years?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where does your NFL Team currently stand?   Where does your NFL Team currently stand? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 7:50 pm

Steve wrote:
how many super bowls did montana win his first 5 years?

That's irrelevant...

In four Super Bowl appearances Montana had 13 TD's (2 of which he rushed in himself) and 0 INT's. Brady in 3 had 6 TD's, and 1 INT. In two of Brady's 3 Super Bowl wins, Adam Vinateri won it for him.

Last edited by KJ Styles on Tue 30 Jun 2009, 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where does your NFL Team currently stand?   Where does your NFL Team currently stand? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 7:51 pm

the 49ers were an offensive juggernaut, the pats have always been a defensive team.

and championships are the only true measure, 1 stupid INT is irrelevant.
Back to top Go down
Justice
I Deserve A
I Deserve A

PostSubject: Re: Where does your NFL Team currently stand?   Where does your NFL Team currently stand? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 7:52 pm

I'll take Elway over either of them.......

The Broncos are a big fuckin mess right now.... At least we're still better than the raiders.... Long live al davis....
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Where does your NFL Team currently stand?   Where does your NFL Team currently stand? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 7:54 pm

Justice wrote:

The Broncos are a big fuckin mess right now.... At least we're still better than the raiders.... Long live al davis....

Would you like to tell me the result of The Broncos playing the 49ers in the superbowl? Enough said!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where does your NFL Team currently stand?   Where does your NFL Team currently stand? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 7:54 pm

Justice wrote:

Montana SMASHED Elway when they faced off in the Super Bowl.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where does your NFL Team currently stand?   Where does your NFL Team currently stand? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 7:56 pm

Steve wrote:
the 49ers were an offensive juggernaut, the pats have always been a defensive team.

and championships are the only true measure, 1 stupid INT is irrelevant.

If Championships are the true measure, Brady is one behind Montana.

If Brady wins two more rings then I'll agree with you, but for now Montana's the best ever.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Where does your NFL Team currently stand?   Where does your NFL Team currently stand? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 7:57 pm

Steve wrote:

As of right now, i think they are both comparable, but i give the edge to Joe Montana soley for his seasons in KC. Sure, he never one a superbowl there, but he proved he wasn't a product of a system. As great as Brady and his intangibles may be, he has yet to do that. However, Brady is not done playing yet, and all this could change. For what it's worth, Jerry Rice is the greatest player either one of them ever played with.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Where does your NFL Team currently stand?   Where does your NFL Team currently stand? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 8:53 pm

Justice wrote:

oh..dude, fuck you- you guys are crumbling from the inside out-if(when) you guys fuck this season up, count on Josh McDaniels being run out of town...and kiss goodbye to B.Marshall, dude's outta there....as far as im concerned, and Id hate to say it but SD's got the West unless Oakland can pull their shit together..otherwise, AFC West is up for grabs...

FUCK THE DONKS, QUEEFS AND DEADBOLTS.....RAIDER FUCKIN' NATION
Back to top Go down
Justice
I Deserve A
I Deserve A

PostSubject: Re: Where does your NFL Team currently stand?   Where does your NFL Team currently stand? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 8:57 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Would you like to tell me the result of The Broncos playing the 49ers in the superbowl? Enough said!

KJ Styles wrote:
Montana SMASHED Elway when they faced off in the Super Bowl.

It's a team sport.....

San Francisco Position Denver

OFFENSE
Jerry Rice WR Vance Johnson
Bubba Paris LT Gerald Perry
Guy McIntyre LG Jim Juriga
Jesse Sapolu C Keith Kartz
Bruce Collie RG Doug Widell
Harris Barton RT Ken Lanier
Brent Jones TE Orson Mobley
John Taylor WR Mark Jackson
Joe Montana QB John Elway
Tom Rathman FB Steve Sewell
Roger Craig RB Bobby Humphrey

DEFENSE
Pierce Holt LE Alphonso Carreker
Michael Carter NT Greg Kragen
Kevin Fagan RE Ron Holmes
Charles Haley LOLB Michael Brooks
Matt Millen LILB Rick Dennison
Michael Walter RILB Karl Mecklenburg
Keena Turner ROLB Simon Fletcher
Darryl Pollard LCB Tyrone Braxton
Don Griffin RCB Wymon Henderson
Chet Brooks SS Dennis Smith
Ronnie Lott FS Steve Atwater

Also, Elway started in more Super Bowls than any other QB (5), is second in career wins (Farve is first), second most passing yards (behind Marino), fifth in passing TDs, and third in completions.
Back to top Go down
Justice
I Deserve A
I Deserve A

PostSubject: Re: Where does your NFL Team currently stand?   Where does your NFL Team currently stand? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 9:01 pm

acrid.one wrote:
Justice wrote:

oh..dude, fuck you- you guys are crumbling from the inside out-if(when) you guys fuck this season up, count on Josh McDaniels being run out of town...and kiss goodbye to B.Marshall, dude's outta there....as far as im concerned, and Id hate to say it but SD's got the West unless Oakland can pull their shit together..otherwise, AFC West is up for grabs...

LOL

raiders fans are so sensitive..... B. Marsh ain't going anywhere....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where does your NFL Team currently stand?   Where does your NFL Team currently stand? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 9:01 pm

shut up you fag, elway cant hold montanas jockstrap and denver sucks
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

I hate to break this to you, but the QB's job is to lead. Montana did it better than Elway. If Elway wasn't carried to a few championships by T. Davis, this wouldn't be an issue.
Back to top Go down
Justice
I Deserve A
I Deserve A

PostSubject: Re: Where does your NFL Team currently stand?   Where does your NFL Team currently stand? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2009, 9:07 pm

T. Myers wrote:
I hate to break this to you, but the QB's job is to lead. Montana did it better than Elway. If Elway wasn't carried to a few championships by T. Davis, this wouldn't be an issue.

TD was one of the few missing pieces.... Montana never lead a team like the ones Elway took to the Super Bowl in the 80's.... Anyway nobody will ever convince me that Elway wasn't the greatest to ever play......

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Where does your NFL Team currently stand?   Where does your NFL Team currently stand? Icon_minitimeWed 01 Jul 2009, 7:53 am

Justice wrote:
acrid.one wrote:
Justice wrote:

LOL

raiders fans are so sensitive..... B. Marsh ain't going anywhere....

Thats what they(and most likely you) were saying about your boy Cutler...Im telling you...this season is riding on McD's shoulders....he doesnt seem to be making a household name for himself in Denver...all im saying....

...sensitive, no....just quick to defend,quick to defend
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Where does your NFL Team currently stand?   Where does your NFL Team currently stand? Icon_minitimeSat 04 Jul 2009, 12:04 pm

T. Myers wrote:

Finally...someone said it. lol

Redskins: Haynesworth was stolen from Tennessee to shore up a weak run defense. We got the ballerina to go back to Miami, so we can actually have a real shot at rushing the passer. Defense is solid. The offense is still in need of a guy to compliment S. Moss since last year's picks are busts for the most part (grumblings around DC is that Mr. Snyder still has his sights set on some guy in Denver after he missed on Cutler *hint hint* -- and he typically gets any player he wants...). Solid O-Line, Portis, Campbell (who may put on one heck of a performance since he's pissed about being dangled as trade bait twice in one offseason and may want out).

I'm predicting playoffs. Maybe even 2nd round this time...

Oh, and Shon, T.O. makes every team he's on progressively worse (ask any Philly or Dallas fan). Your window for improvement is this year and this year alone as long as he wears a Bills jersey. And that huge hole in your O-Line will result in huge holes in your O-Line (ha ha). I like the young QB the Bills have, though. He could be all pro once he has enough seasoning. lol
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Where does your NFL Team currently stand?   Where does your NFL Team currently stand? Icon_minitimeSat 04 Jul 2009, 2:00 pm

Edwards has enough weapons this year to have a real solid season. T.O. will generate enough coverage from the secondary to open up some holes for Evans, and that will make room for Parrish and Reed. Basically, it's all up to the O-line if the Bill's will make the playoffs this year.

Also, I just realized that we have 3 very good RBs, in Lynch, Fred Jackson, and D. Rhodes. One of my teams WILL make the playoffs this year, damnit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where does your NFL Team currently stand?   Where does your NFL Team currently stand? Icon_minitimeSat 04 Jul 2009, 2:49 pm

Kopasetick wrote:

Redskins: Haynesworth was stolen from Tennessee to shore up a weak run defense. We got the ballerina to go back to Miami, so we can actually have a real shot at rushing the passer. Defense is solid. The offense is still in need of a guy to compliment S. Moss since last year's picks are busts for the most part (grumblings around DC is that Mr. Snyder still has his sights set on some guy in Denver after he missed on Cutler *hint hint* -- and he typically gets any player he wants...). Solid O-Line, Portis, Campbell (who may put on one heck of a performance since he's pissed about being dangled as trade bait twice in one offseason and may want out).

I'm predicting playoffs. Maybe even 2nd round this time...

Oh, and Shon, T.O. makes every team he's on progressively worse (ask any Philly or Dallas fan). Your window for improvement is this year and this year alone as long as he wears a Bills jersey. And that huge hole in your O-Line will result in huge holes in your O-Line (ha ha). I like the young QB the Bills have, though. He could be all pro once he has enough seasoning. lol

I don't see a playoff berth for the Skins, and if they do they'll be 9-7 and get eliminated in the Wild Card round. The Giants and Eagles are clearly better.

As you mentioned, they FAILED to get a compliment for Santana Moss. Which is what they really needed. WHY did they spend so much money on the hapless DeAngelo Hall? He's a complete bust. He's no Darrell Green or Sean Taylor, or even Shawn Springs.

Haynesworth was a good pickup, but the Skins really didn't need more defense, they need OFFENSE! Jason Campbell sucks ass, so to make him better they should have gotten another reciever and/or some good offensive linemen. Add to that the fact that Clinton Portis is injury prone, and it'll be another average season in Washington, and Jim Zorn will be fired. Snyder's almost as bad as Al Davis.

As for T.O., he makes teams BETTER. He got Philly to the Super Bowl (he may have gotten injured near the end of that season, but he STILL made sure they had homefield advantage against a weak NFC at the time) and also led Dallas to a 13-3 record a couple seasons ago. So I think he'll make the Bills better, possibly get them in the playoffs. They have a pretty good defense, and Trent Edwards now has many weapons like T.O., Lee Evans, and Marshawn Lynch. Their success (or lack thereof) will all depend on Edwards.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Where does your NFL Team currently stand?   Where does your NFL Team currently stand? Icon_minitimeSat 04 Jul 2009, 4:55 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
I don't see a playoff berth for the Skins, and if they do they'll be 9-7 and get eliminated in the Wild Card round. The Giants and Eagles are clearly better.

LOL...you obviously haven't seen this:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Of the 10 non-division games, I got us winning 6 (Cincinnati, St. Louis, Cleveland, Detroit, Seattle, & San Fransisco -- all of whom sucked last year with the exception of Seattle). Of the remaining 4 (Arizona, Pittsburgh, New Orleans, & Baltimore), I think we have a chance against Arizona and are better than New Orleans. So that may be another 2 added to that 6. Of course, games aren't played on paper, but 9-7 is a gross underestimation on your part. Especially with Cleveland, Detroit, and St. Lous looking like shoe-ins (we owe Cleveland and STL for last year anyway).

KJ Styles wrote:
As you mentioned, they FAILED to get a compliment for Santana Moss. Which is what they really needed. WHY did they spend so much money on the hapless DeAngelo Hall? He's a complete bust. He's no Darrell Green or Sean Taylor, or even Shawn Springs.

Two things.

1) Our WR corps isn't bad, we just needed a standout. We can get it done with what we have. Don't forget about Randle-El and Cooley, bro.

2) Hall had a terrible run in Oakland (who hasn't though? lol). He was solid for us. Maybe not worth what we paid, but Snyder has made it very obvious that money ain't a thang for him. He'll pay whatever to get whomever. Word to Haynesworth.

KJ Styles wrote:
Haynesworth was a good pickup, but the Skins really didn't need more defense, they need OFFENSE! Jason Campbell sucks ass, so to make him better they should have gotten another reciever and/or some good offensive linemen. Add to that the fact that Clinton Portis is injury prone, and it'll be another average season in Washington, and Jim Zorn will be fired. Snyder's almost as bad as Al Davis.

lol...defense wins championships. That said, you can never have too many defensive cornerstones. Portis isn't injury prone, he's overworked...check his carries. No one does it more than him. He'll be fine since he rested most of last year. You saying Campbell sucks speaks volumes to your bias. Dude is solid. Surround him with help, just like any other QB, and he will do wonders for any club. His only knock is that he holds the football too long.

KJ Styles wrote:
As for T.O., he makes teams BETTER. He got Philly to the Super Bowl (he may have gotten injured near the end of that season, but he STILL made sure they had homefield advantage against a weak NFC at the time) and also led Dallas to a 13-3 record a couple seasons ago. So I think he'll make the Bills better, possibly get them in the playoffs. They have a pretty good defense, and Trent Edwards now has many weapons like T.O., Lee Evans, and Marshawn Lynch. Their success (or lack thereof) will all depend on Edwards.

First off, T.O. did not get Philly to the Super Bowl. He was hurt and they got there without him...he showed up and played once they were already there. And I said progressively worse. Peep their record every year after that season and you will see that they got worse. They went from 13 - 3 to 6 - 10. Before T.O., they were 11 - 5 or better for 5 ... straight ... years. He's a cancer on and off the field. Now, look at Dallas. 9-7 before he got there...9-7 after he got there, and 9-7 his last season there. One 13-3 season that saw Romo (the reason they were so good on offense) go to the Pro Bowl and not T.O. Made them better? I think not. I'd start on his decreasing production and his propensity for dropping the football, but you already know about that.

He'll be good, but not great. The fact that he wasn't snapped up by a contender and had to sign a 1 year deal with a 7-9 team speaks volumes, though.

Oh, and R.I.P. to Steve McNair...
Back to top Go down
Justice
I Deserve A
I Deserve A

PostSubject: Re: Where does your NFL Team currently stand?   Where does your NFL Team currently stand? Icon_minitimeSat 04 Jul 2009, 5:03 pm

Kopasetick wrote:
Oh, and R.I.P. to Steve McNair...

Oh shit.... Hopefully this isn't true. If it is RIP Steve McNair
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Where does your NFL Team currently stand?   Where does your NFL Team currently stand? Icon_minitimeSat 04 Jul 2009, 5:05 pm

Yeah, he was shot in the head somewhere in Nashville.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Where does your NFL Team currently stand?   Where does your NFL Team currently stand? Icon_minitimeSat 04 Jul 2009, 8:26 pm

" got us winning 6 (Cincinnati, St. Louis, Cleveland, Detroit, Seattle, & San Fransisco -- all of whom sucked last year with the exception of Seattle)."

Seattle didn't suck last year? News to me, lol
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Where does your NFL Team currently stand?   Where does your NFL Team currently stand? Icon_minitimeSun 05 Jul 2009, 9:53 am

Shon wrote:
" got us winning 6 (Cincinnati, St. Louis, Cleveland, Detroit, Seattle, & San Fransisco -- all of whom sucked last year with the exception of Seattle)."

Indeed. 4 - 12 is a terrible record. I stand corrected.

I'm interested in what Curry will do for them this year, though. They also have T.J. Housh...uhh...Hoosh...err... T.J. Whosyourmama. LOL

They look like they improved enough to be an 8-8 squad.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Where does your NFL Team currently stand?   Where does your NFL Team currently stand? Icon_minitimeSun 05 Jul 2009, 12:26 pm

And, 8-8 is all they need to win that division. Anyone remember the 7-9 Seahawks that made the playoffs a few years back? Lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where does your NFL Team currently stand?   Where does your NFL Team currently stand? Icon_minitimeSun 05 Jul 2009, 1:46 pm

Kopasetick wrote:
Shon wrote:

Indeed. 4 - 12 is a terrible record. I stand corrected.

I'm interested in what Curry will do for them this year, though. They also have T.J. Housh...uhh...Hoosh...err... T.J. Whosyourmama. LOL

They look like they improved enough to be an 8-8 squad.

Yeah I'll agree with that, but San Fran finished only one game lower than the Redskins, and they BEAT you last year without Frank Gore in the lineup, so don't sleep on them. Not to mention that you guys almost always lose a game or two each season against a team that you should beat.

As for Campbell, he's an average QB at best. Why do you think the Skins tried to deal him to get Sanchez? He's NEVER led them to the playoffs, the one time they got there while he's been a starter is because he got injured and Todd Collins took over at QB and won the last 4 games of the regular season for them.

Chris Cooley is a good TE but they still should have spent the money wisely to get another offensive standout instead of Hall. The Skins have usually had a good defense over the last several years, but their offense has usually ranked in the bottom half of the league, which is why they have underachieved since last winning the Super Bowl in 1991.

As for T.O., Romo's success is LARGELY due to him. Romo even said it himself. I'm not sure if Roy Williams is a true number one WR. I think T.O. gets unfairly judged. Sure he once led the league in drops, but that SAME SEASON he also led the league in TD catches. And Dallas' woes have more to do with the fact that Romo can't get it done in the clutch (the botched kick he was holding vs Seattle in the playoffs in 2006, the INT against the Giants on the last play of the game in the playoffs in 2007, and the 8 INT's he threw in the final two regular season games last year combined) but they blame T.O. and I think it's bullshit.

If T.O. is such a cancer, then why haven't the teams that he left gotten any better since? The 49ers are STILL in rebuilding mode, and Philly hasn't been back to a Super Bowl since. You mentioned that the Eagles went 6-10 one year, but 6 out of those 10 losses came AFTER they deactivated T.O. from the lineup. Had they not done that, the Eagles likely would have made the playoffs. I think the Bills could get to the postseason. Miami looks like a Cinderella one season wonder, and the Jets are clearly in rebuilding mode. New England is the only team that's clearly better than them in that division.

It's all good though, because my Giants still have the best defense in the division. Our only question mark is at the WR position. Hakeem Nicks does look good in OTA's thus far, so if he develops well then we should be fine. We're good in every other position. So until proven otherwise, we're the team to beat in the NFC East.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where does your NFL Team currently stand?   Where does your NFL Team currently stand? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where does your NFL Team currently stand?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next