Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NFL Free Agency

Go down 
+11
Funk Seoul Brother
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Highsmith
Norfeest
D.Powell
Half
Shaun
Myestro
KJ Styles
SyRuP Sippa
T. Myers
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

NFL Free Agency Empty
PostSubject: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jul 2011, 10:27 am

I hated the lockout, but the pace at which transactions are going down is crazy. Hasselbeck to the Titans(Blah!), The Giants talking to Plax? Asomugha signing with the Jets is a scary proposition. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

NFL Free Agency Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jul 2011, 11:17 am

It's a crazy world... cowboys cut a ton of people... all necessary cuz we need to get under the cap and improve the team, but I do think a lot of this seems like impusle shopping... tavaris jackson to the seahawks? just a lot of desperation... hope the season isn't affected by this foolishnes
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

NFL Free Agency Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jul 2011, 2:07 pm

I can't believe the Giants are talking to Plax again. I doubt that they'd resign him, but still.

And Carson Palmer is about the biggest bitch in the world for his stance to not play for the Bengals. I wouldn't give him a trade either, let his bitch ass retire. If I'm a GM, I wouldn't sign him. When the going gets tough, his overrated injury prone ass gets going.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

NFL Free Agency Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jul 2011, 2:13 pm

Yeah, Carson is almost being as big of a bitch as Eli Manning was when he came into the league.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

NFL Free Agency Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jul 2011, 2:35 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Yeah, Carson is almost being as big of a bitch as Eli Manning was when he came into the league.

Well, Eli has played every game of his entire career and has a ring. Neither can be said for Tony Romo.

If you're referring to when he refused to play for San Diego, that was all his father's doing. Archie played his entire career for a bad team and didn't want Eli to suffer the same fate, and SD at the time was awful save for Tomlinson.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

NFL Free Agency Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jul 2011, 2:40 pm

So Eli was a grown man letting his daddy make his decisions? I think both are bitch moves, but it's the pot/kettle scenario if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

NFL Free Agency Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jul 2011, 4:17 pm

T. Myers wrote:
So Eli was a grown man letting his daddy make his decisions? I think both are bitch moves, but it's the pot/kettle scenario if you ask me.

Exactly... if your excuse is that Eli wasn't a man enough to do his own thing that that makes him even more of a bitch.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

NFL Free Agency Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jul 2011, 4:59 pm

I like Hasselbeck to the Titans, personally. He knows Reinfeldt, and he's friends with Jake Locker. He's a good bridge, to let Locker develop at his own pace, without throwing him to the wolves when he's not ready. Plus, he gives the team some much needed leadership.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

NFL Free Agency Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jul 2011, 5:03 pm

Sidney Rice to the Seahawks
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

NFL Free Agency Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jul 2011, 5:23 pm

Shaun wrote:
Sidney Rice to the Seahawks

Gay
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

NFL Free Agency Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jul 2011, 6:50 pm

I dont have a problem with the Hasselbeck signing. It's just boring. At least he's not Collins
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

NFL Free Agency Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jul 2011, 7:16 pm

Indeed. Hasselbeck is far from a bad QB, but it's basically the Titans saying "next year" before the season even starts. Letting CJ waste away for another year.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

NFL Free Agency Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jul 2011, 7:35 pm

The Titans signing Hasselbeck is a wack move....let Locker learn on the job, he's got Chris Johnson standing back there to back him up...so let him learn

As far as my Giants...I hope they re-sign Plax......we will need him against the NFC East...you can never have enough WR's or Cornerbacks in that division...so we need him..he's a playmaker

we already lost Barry Cofield to the Skins, and Osi might hold out for more paper....and O'Hara and Seubert have both been cut, so we need offensive and defensive line help too.....

Last edited by D.Powell on Wed 27 Jul 2011, 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

NFL Free Agency Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jul 2011, 8:31 pm

We traded for Gaffney, re-signed Moss and signed Stallworth as a FA. Not exactly big splashes. but we could only go up from where we were at the WR position. We were horrible.

We also got Cofield from the Giants even though I think we overpaid for him. He's basically there to replace Fat Albert. He'll be an upgrade of sorts since Haynesworth rarely played.

I think Hasselbeck to TN makes a lot of sense for the team and for him. Maybe he can revive his career with Moss, CJ and Britt there to make him look good. Is Moss still there, though?
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

NFL Free Agency Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jul 2011, 8:44 pm

Nah Moss is a free agent
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

NFL Free Agency Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jul 2011, 9:09 pm

The Cowboys cut Barber, Roy Williams and Davis. They were all overpaid and as much of a fan I am of Barber, for his production and the amount of money he was making, he needed to go. Roy Williams did nothing for the Cowboys for the contract that he received. However, with just Austin and Dez, they definitely need a 3rd receiver. Of the moves so far, it looks like our arch rivals are doing pretty good. I don't think John Beck is the answer, but possibly they can get another QB other than Grossman and they clearly need a RB. If Kolb can make it to the Cardinals, that will be a good move. Max Hall should never be in the running for any kind of QB job. It's been said that Chris Johnson, Frank Gore & DeSean Jackson will holdout but we'll see.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

NFL Free Agency Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jul 2011, 9:42 pm

D.Powell wrote:
The Titans signing Hasselbeck is a wack move....let Locker learn on the job, he's got Chris Johnson standing back there to back him up...so let him learn

Yes, because the Titans had SOOOO much success doing that with Vince Young...
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

NFL Free Agency Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jul 2011, 9:56 pm

Myestro wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

So because it didn't work with Vince Young means that it won't work with Jake Locker?? that makes absolutely NO sense at all man!

Your Titans are in rebuild mode.....why the hell would you rebuild with Hasselbeck?? his best days are way behind him....
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

NFL Free Agency Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jul 2011, 9:59 pm

Myestro wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

Is your avatar a pic from Game of Thrones?
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

NFL Free Agency Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jul 2011, 10:01 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

Exactly... if your excuse is that Eli wasn't a man enough to do his own thing that that makes him even more of a bitch.

Eli could have chosen to play for SD, but in hindsight I don't blame him because SD had a terrible history until recently. If Archie would have done that with Peyton had he came close to landing on a bad franchise, neither of you would have called him a bitch so GTFOH with that bullshit!
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

NFL Free Agency Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jul 2011, 10:25 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Myestro wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

So because it didn't work with Vince Young means that it won't work with Jake Locker?? that makes absolutely NO sense at all man!

Your Titans are in rebuild mode.....why the hell would you rebuild with Hasselbeck?? his best days are way behind him....

I honestly think that the Titans reached in the draft with Jake Locker. If it wasn't for the lockout, (which prevented teams from signing free agents) I don't believe they would have drafted Locker. I feel that Blaine Gabbert has more potential as a pro than Locker does. While Locker has a nice arm, he's really inaccurate with it. Vince Young was even better, he may not have been the best passer but they won games with him.

While I'm not the biggest Hasselbeck fan, he was the 2nd best veteran QB available behind McNabb. And like Mystero said, he'll be a good mentor for Locker.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

NFL Free Agency Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jul 2011, 11:04 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

Eli could have chosen to play for SD, but in hindsight I don't blame him because SD had a terrible history until recently. If Archie would have done that with Peyton had he came close to landing on a bad franchise, neither of you would have called him a bitch so GTFOH with that bullshit!

I would have called Peyton a bitch too if he did that... just like Carson Palmer is being a bitch.... dude your just a giants fangirl which is why you are defending eli for doing the same thing palmer did.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

NFL Free Agency Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jul 2011, 11:07 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

I would have called Peyton a bitch too if he did that... just like Carson Palmer is being a bitch.... dude your just a giants fangirl which is why you are defending eli for doing the same thing palmer did.

That's bullshit! The difference between the two situations is that Palmer is willing to give up football for good if it means not playing for the Bengals, whereas Eli clearly had other options (unlike Palmer) and wouldn't have given up football for good.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

NFL Free Agency Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jul 2011, 11:24 pm

Carson Palmer is definitely a beeyotch.....He should be smarter than that. The owner hasn't even let Marvin Lewis go yet. Did he really think the owner would trade him or release him? Hopefully, he diversified his bonds.....lls
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

NFL Free Agency Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jul 2011, 11:26 pm

Peyton Manning >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Eli Manning
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

NFL Free Agency Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jul 2011, 11:35 pm

Half wrote:
Myestro wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

Is your avatar a pic from Game of Thrones?

Yes. It's Sandor Clegane, a.k.a. The Hound. His helmet is bad-ass.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

NFL Free Agency Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jul 2011, 11:43 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Myestro wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

I'm not saying that it's guaranteed to fail. But, with memories of the walking brown-eye that is Vince Young still fresh in the Titans' minds, why would they want to try the same tactics again?

There's a chance that Locker could be a complete bust no matter what. There's a chance he could start right away and tear shit up. There's a chance he could sit behind Hasselbeck for a year or so and then get his chance and be a good or great QB. Nobody can predict the future.

In recent Titans history, Young started his rookie year...look how that ended up. On the flip side of the coin, McNair sat for a couple of years, and it all worked out.

Since everyone likes to compare football with war, let me ask this. Which would you rather have...a squad of soldiers that were properly trained, and went through boot camp...or a bunch of guys that were just handed guns and told "learn on the job"?
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

NFL Free Agency Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jul 2011, 1:52 am

T. Myers wrote:
I dont have a problem with the Hasselbeck signing. It's just boring. At least he's not Collins

I hope the Titans advance to the first round of the playoff, the game goes to OT and Titans win the coin toss. I then hope a cocky Hasselbeck yells to the ref "we want the ball and we're gonna score". Than the fool goes on to throw a pick 6 to Al Harris to lose the game. Yep, I hope that happens.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

NFL Free Agency Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jul 2011, 1:54 am

Zaza Pachulia wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

I hope the Titans advance to the first round of the playoff, the game goes to OT and Titans win the coin toss. I then hope a cocky Hasselbeck yells to the ref "we want the ball and we're gonna score". Than the fool goes on to throw a pick 6 to Al Harris to lose the game. Yep, I hope that happens.

But before all that, I hope Mr. Baldy hurts his back WALKING into the end zone for a TD, with NO ONE around him to even make contact...Shaking My Head
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

NFL Free Agency Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jul 2011, 2:49 am

Myestro wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
Myestro wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

I'm not saying that it's guaranteed to fail. But, with memories of the walking brown-eye that is Vince Young still fresh in the Titans' minds, why would they want to try the same tactics again?

There's a chance that Locker could be a complete bust no matter what. There's a chance he could start right away and tear shit up. There's a chance he could sit behind Hasselbeck for a year or so and then get his chance and be a good or great QB. Nobody can predict the future.

In recent Titans history, Young started his rookie year...look how that ended up. On the flip side of the coin, McNair sat for a couple of years, and it all worked out.

Since everyone likes to compare football with war, let me ask this. Which would you rather have...a squad of soldiers that were properly trained, and went through boot camp...or a bunch of guys that were just handed guns and told "learn on the job"?

I'm not going to compare Titans vs. Ravens to the US vs. Afghanistan so thats a horrible comparison...lol

but in football terms if I was the Titans I would want my young QB learning his playbook out there playing, especially since I am in rebuilding mode....now if I was let's say the eagles and I was a possible SB contender then any young QB would have to wait until next year....but the Titans are not a SB contending team this year and need to start preparing for the future today........
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

NFL Free Agency Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jul 2011, 4:11 am

Zaza Pachulia wrote:
Zaza Pachulia wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

But before all that, I hope Mr. Baldy hurts his back WALKING into the end zone for a TD, with NO ONE around him to even make contact...Shaking My Head

Me too
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

NFL Free Agency Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jul 2011, 8:02 am

KJ Styles wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

That's bullshit! The difference between the two situations is that Palmer is willing to give up football for good if it means not playing for the Bengals, whereas Eli clearly had other options (unlike Palmer) and wouldn't have given up football for good.

That does not matter. Eli forced his way out of San Diego. Palmer is trying to force his way out of Cincy. Both situations revolve around players trying to force their way out of town when neither of them really have no leverage(Eli had a little more leverage than Carson though). I'm not sure why you have such a hard time calling a spade a spade. This has never been about Bias like you tried to imply. The only showing bias is you. It's that plain and simple.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

NFL Free Agency Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jul 2011, 8:17 am

So the Jets are getting all the attention by resigning Holmes and wining and dining Asomugha, but then Belechick swoops in and proves why he's one of the greatest coaches ever(the greatest coach IMO) by stealing Haynesworth. Haynesworth will be hungry and there is no better coach to motivate him.
Back to top Go down

NFL Free Agency Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jul 2011, 1:21 pm

Most successful? Yes.

Greatest? Not in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

NFL Free Agency Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jul 2011, 1:23 pm

Well, him being most successful is debatable also.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

NFL Free Agency Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jul 2011, 4:47 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Myestro wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
Myestro wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

I'm not going to compare Titans vs. Ravens to the US vs. Afghanistan so thats a horrible comparison...lol

but in football terms if I was the Titans I would want my young QB learning his playbook out there playing, especially since I am in rebuilding mode....now if I was let's say the eagles and I was a possible SB contender then any young QB would have to wait until next year....but the Titans are not a SB contending team this year and need to start preparing for the future today........

I have no idea where you pulled the Ravens from. Probably the same place you pulled US vs. Afghanistan from...So those "horrible comparisons" are all you, buddy.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

NFL Free Agency Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jul 2011, 6:21 pm

"Since everyone likes to compare football with war, let me ask this. "

"'m not going to compare Titans vs. Ravens to the US vs. Afghanistan so thats a horrible comparison...lol"

Comparing football to war...
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

NFL Free Agency Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jul 2011, 6:32 pm

Shaun wrote:

"'m not going to compare Titans vs. Ravens to the US vs. Afghanistan so thats a horrible comparison...lol"

My mistake. I was unaware that the US vs. Afghanistan was the only war that ever existed in the history of the world. How silly of me to not realize that.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

NFL Free Agency Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jul 2011, 6:53 pm

Half wrote:
Peyton Manning >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Eli Manning

I don't think anybody would argue with that

Peyton Manning>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>98% of the QB's that have ever played the game
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

NFL Free Agency Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jul 2011, 6:59 pm

T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

That does not matter. Eli forced his way out of San Diego. Palmer is trying to force his way out of Cincy. Both situations revolve around players trying to force their way out of town when neither of them really have no leverage(Eli had a little more leverage than Carson though). I'm not sure why you have such a hard time calling a spade a spade. This has never been about Bias like you tried to imply. The only showing bias is you. It's that plain and simple.

So fucking what Terry. Eli wouldn't have not played football if he was forced to play for the Chargers, which is what Palmer is doing because Mike Brown won't let him out of his contract. That makes him a BITCH!

Also, Eli NEVER signed a contract to play for San Diego. Palmer signed a LONG TERM contract to play for Cincy and now he's bailing. That makes him a BITCH!

Oh, and Eli DID have leverage. You saw that the Giants welcomed him with open arms, right?? And the Chargers dealt him after drafting him. This ain't about bias, this is stating facts. The fact is that Eli had a job regardless, and Carson does not.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

NFL Free Agency Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jul 2011, 7:16 pm

T. Myers wrote:
KJ, you're a fucking idiot. Both players tried to force their way out of their situstion. If one player is a bitch, they are both bitches.

Oh and i would suggest you look up the word leverage.

Eat a dick Terry. Archie had everything to do with that and you know it. And Eli has played EVERY FUCKING GAME of his career, he's far from a bitch. And why shouldn't Eli have listened to his father? The man played for 11 years for a franchise that was a perennial loser and didn't want his son to suffer the same fate. I don't blame him at all.

Oh, and here's the definition of leverage biscuit juice....

In negotiation, leverage is the ability to influence the other side to move closer to one's negotiating position.

Archie's tactic worked, he wanted Eli to play for a more prestigious franchise so the Giants traded for him. Hence he successfully INFLUENCED them to do so. The defense rests.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

NFL Free Agency Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jul 2011, 7:17 pm

Did Eli force his way out of going to SD? It is a simple yes or no question.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

NFL Free Agency Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jul 2011, 7:17 pm

Eli cried, too
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

NFL Free Agency Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jul 2011, 7:20 pm

It wasn't leverage. They had nothing to leverage against SD. SD just caved there is a huge difference.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

NFL Free Agency Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jul 2011, 7:21 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Did Eli force his way out of going to SD? It is a simple yes or no question.

I already answered that above, fool. I admitted he did but it doesn't matter.

What Palmer did is the equivalent of quitting a job when he doesn't have another job to back it up. Granted, he has millions of dollars saved up I'm sure, but still.

What Eli did was simply choose one job offer over another. Which we've all done in our lifetimes.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

NFL Free Agency Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jul 2011, 7:25 pm

Eli didn't have another NFL job. Had SD kept his rights, he would have to play for them or sit at home. The only difference is SD caved. Cincy didn't
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

NFL Free Agency Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jul 2011, 7:29 pm

YAWN....next topic...

Ochocinco to the Patriots! HOLY SHIT!!! That's awesome!
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

NFL Free Agency Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jul 2011, 7:44 pm

lol @ fool John. Lacking in common sense...Shaking My Head
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

NFL Free Agency Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jul 2011, 7:50 pm

Myestro wrote:
Shaun wrote:

My mistake. I was unaware that the US vs. Afghanistan was the only war that ever existed in the history of the world. How silly of me to not realize that.

I think there is a strong link between football and war. It seems that a lot of the fundamentals of football are modeled after war strategy, formations, etc. I think Powell was just using an example to show that he doesn't agree with that.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

NFL Free Agency Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jul 2011, 8:05 pm

Zaza Pachulia wrote:
lol @ fool John. Lacking in common sense...Shaking My Head

You display your lack of common sense all the time with your terrible rap tastes and horrific fantasy football trades you dumb fuck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NFL Free Agency Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NFL Free Agency
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next