Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NFL Free Agency

Go down 
+11
Funk Seoul Brother
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Highsmith
Norfeest
D.Powell
Half
Shaun
Myestro
KJ Styles
SyRuP Sippa
T. Myers
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

NFL Free Agency - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 04 Aug 2011, 9:04 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
I agree 1000% with you Highsmith...there is no doubt about that man.....the FACT that Randy was literally chilling on a bunch of plays (and even had the nerve to leave one game before it officially ended) really hurts his legacy alot...his attitude was HORRIBLE...but he was so special in terms of talent that he was still able to accomplish alot in spite of himself

but there is NO WAY he is on the level of Jerry Rice...to me neither he nor any other WR is even close...my top 5 WR's of all-time are:

Jerry Rice
Michael Irvin
Randy Moss
Lynn Swann
Cris Carter

those are the first 5 guys I would want catching the ball from me if I were playing QB...each one of them brings a different skill set to the table Rice being the greatest OVERALL WR......Irvin being the strongest leader and route runner at WR...Moss being the best WR at getting deep......Swann being the most acrobatic WR and Carter has the most dependable hands.....

Owens falls in my top 10 along with Largent, Harrison, Monk and Andre Reed....(in that order)

Lynn Swann's numbers don't match up with Owens', or Largent's, or Carter's, or anyone else you mentioned. Hell, John Stallworh (his own WR teammate) got into the Hall Of Fame before Swann did. Just sayin.

so I guess because of what you just said that means that Swann is not worthy of being on my list??? not sure what your "just sayin'" KJ?? please explain....
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 04 Aug 2011, 9:09 pm

D.Powell wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
I agree 1000% with you Highsmith...there is no doubt about that man.....the FACT that Randy was literally chilling on a bunch of plays (and even had the nerve to leave one game before it officially ended) really hurts his legacy alot...his attitude was HORRIBLE...but he was so special in terms of talent that he was still able to accomplish alot in spite of himself

but there is NO WAY he is on the level of Jerry Rice...to me neither he nor any other WR is even close...my top 5 WR's of all-time are:

Jerry Rice
Michael Irvin
Randy Moss
Lynn Swann
Cris Carter

those are the first 5 guys I would want catching the ball from me if I were playing QB...each one of them brings a different skill set to the table Rice being the greatest OVERALL WR......Irvin being the strongest leader and route runner at WR...Moss being the best WR at getting deep......Swann being the most acrobatic WR and Carter has the most dependable hands.....

Owens falls in my top 10 along with Largent, Harrison, Monk and Andre Reed....(in that order)

Lynn Swann's numbers don't match up with Owens', or Largent's, or Carter's, or anyone else you mentioned. Hell, John Stallworh (his own WR teammate) got into the Hall Of Fame before Swann did. Just sayin.

so I guess because of what you just said that means that Swann is not worthy of being on my list??? not sure what your "just sayin'" KJ?? please explain....

Basically, I'm giving you the same crap for taking Swann over Owens, Largent, Carter, etc that you gave me for taking Mariah on my female Mt. Rushmore.

I just thought I'd point out than Swann's numbers aren't as good as those guys, or Stallworth's. But you're entitled to your opinion. IMO he's about Top 20.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 04 Aug 2011, 9:15 pm

Ahhh I see....lol...gotcha

Hey man I like Mariah....I just don't think she's one of the top 10 greatest female singers of all-time but she's in my top 20.....so I guess thats how you see Swann

Swann to me outside of the numbers was a damn acrobat playing WR....and not only did he make incredible catches but he had the route running, leadership and clutch catch thing going for himself as well....but those Steeler teams were pretty unbeatable.....for the record Stallworth is in my top 15....he was just nasty......
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 04 Aug 2011, 9:24 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Ahhh I see....lol...gotcha

Hey man I like Mariah....I just don't think she's one of the top 10 greatest female singers of all-time but she's in my top 20.....so I guess thats how you see Swann

Swann to me outside of the numbers was a damn acrobat playing WR....and not only did he make incredible catches but he had the route running, leadership and clutch catch thing going for himself as well....but those Steeler teams were pretty unbeatable.....for the record Stallworth is in my top 15....he was just nasty......

Yeah, Top 15 is where I have Stallworth as well. I agree that Swann was hella acrobatic. He kinda reminds me of Calvin Johnson aka Megatron only smaller. Swann only played 8 seasons though, and that's what drops him on my personal list. He's still in my Top 20 though.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 09 Aug 2011, 8:27 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Rice talking about Moss today......lol
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Aug 2011, 4:57 pm

See what happens when you give NFL players too much time without football?
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Aug 2011, 5:15 pm

lol Seattle up! Song is decent I guess, a little too religious for my taste though.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Aug 2011, 6:40 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:

See what happens when you give NFL players too much time without football?

Tully Banta Cain on Slaine's new mixtape was better.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Aug 2011, 7:48 pm

Lol, Steve Smith signed with the Eagles. I guess that was a good move for them since he has excellent hands and he's AWESOME.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Aug 2011, 7:59 pm

hahahah...lol... I love it... the giants are idiots... fuck an injury you sign a guy like smith immediately and keep him happy.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Aug 2011, 8:28 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
hahahah...lol... I love it... the giants are idiots... fuck an injury you sign a guy like smith immediately and keep him happy.

I honestly don't disagree, I'm flat out ANGRY with the Giants' front office. They let Smith go and they're jerking Umenyiora. Fucking morons! I bet Wellington Mara is rolling in his grave thinking about his idiot son, Jerry Reese, and Tom Coughlin.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Aug 2011, 8:39 pm

I don't think Osi deserves a new deal. Smith was far too valuable to the Giants to let Philly sign him.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Aug 2011, 9:02 pm

T. Myers wrote:
I don't think Osi deserves a new deal. Smith was far too valuable to the Giants to let Philly sign him.

I agree with you on Smith, but Osi DOES deserve a new deal IMO. He's been one of the league leaders in forced fumbles the last several years. The Giants need a guy that can create turnovers and with the Eagles having a bomb squad they need all the damn help they can get.

It's fuckin crazy how everybody is signing with Philly, and it makes no sense being that save for Nnamdi and a few others, they're not getting huge deals. If they don't win the Super Bowl within 2-3 years, Andy Reid will be fired and those players will regret signing.

Just like the Miami Skeet, I really do hope they fail.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Aug 2011, 9:18 pm

Osi's numbers have declined, and he has a balky knee. Plus he's under contract for 2 more years. He's simply not worth the money.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Aug 2011, 9:28 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Osi's numbers have declined, and he has a balky knee. Plus he's under contract for 2 more years. He's simply not worth the money.

We will agree to disagree I guess. I will say that if they don't plan on keeping him then they should allow him to seek a trade. Shit or get off the pot. Jerking your players is NOT good business.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Aug 2011, 9:45 pm

Them saying he could seek a trade and then taking it back was a bitch move.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Aug 2011, 9:48 pm

Yeah, if they aren't going to resign him, what do they really expect him to do?

The Eagles are going crazy. I still say they are the favorites out of the NFC
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Aug 2011, 9:51 pm

Shaun wrote:

Come on man at least wait until after tomorrow's game, although I don't know if the Eagles plan to showcase all their new weapons that night. Right now they are just a paper tiger.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Aug 2011, 9:54 pm

Shaun wrote:

I got the Packers as the favorite. They're the defending champs and have 6 players returning from injury that didn't play in the Super Bowl.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Aug 2011, 10:08 pm

Yeah, yeah. I know. I don't think the Eagles will win it all this year. I feel they will get to the NFC Championship game at least, though.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Aug 2011, 11:49 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:

Smith is coming off of a very serious (microfracture surgery) injury and he won't be ready to go until midseason at the EARLIEST....the G-Men didn't want too wait that long nor take that chance, so he bounces to sign a 1 year deal in Philly....lol

good luck Steve...get well soon my dude!

As for Osi..man get him outta here...he is a damn distraction...

the biggest loss so far for the Giants was when Kevin Boss left for the Raiders...that might hurt because Eli needs that receiving TE....
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Aug 2011, 8:57 am

Steve Smith is a locker room guy from what i've heard. Plus, don't think for a minute Reid and Company won't use Smith as a source of information for game planning and strategy. Like i said before Smith means too much to the Giants to let him sign with Philly. The Giants should have followed in New England's foot steps. NE signed Kevin Faulk coming off of ACL surgery even though they have a crowded backfield just because they like his presence. Instead of activating him they placed him on the PUP list, and now they won't need to make any decisions until week 6 at the earliest.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Aug 2011, 12:02 pm

I agree with Terry. So what if Smith can't start the season. He'll be dangerous in crunch time for the Eagles. The Giants should have thought about that and put him on the PUP list.

As for Osi, what if he signs with the Jets and then the Jets fuck around and win the AFC or even worse yet the Super Bowl. What will you say then Powell? I'm not saying that the Jets are gonna win it all, but they're contenders and with Osi they'd be even stronger contenders and I HATE the fucking Jets!
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Aug 2011, 12:03 pm

Shaun wrote:
Yeah, yeah. I know. I don't think the Eagles will win it all this year. I feel they will get to the NFC Championship game at least, though.

Yeah I think so too. Barring injuries I think it'll be a Packers/Eagles NFC title game.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Aug 2011, 1:26 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
I agree with Terry. So what if Smith can't start the season. He'll be dangerous in crunch time for the Eagles. The Giants should have thought about that and put him on the PUP list.

As for Osi, what if he signs with the Jets and then the Jets fuck around and win the AFC or even worse yet the Super Bowl. What will you say then Powell? I'm not saying that the Jets are gonna win it all, but they're contenders and with Osi they'd be even stronger contenders and I HATE the fucking Jets!

KJ how do you know that coming off of that type of injury that Steve Smith will be dangerous?? answer that question because I have a funny feeling you don't understand that type of injury...Smith was never a speed guy to begin with and he has been seriously injured twice over the past 2 years....if the eagles are willing to take that chance and can wait on him to be ready then so be it.....

As far as him giving the eagles "trade secrets" well then it will be up to Gilbride to make some changes in the play calling....you guys act like people have never switched betweens teams in the same division....lol
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Aug 2011, 1:37 pm

The truth is no one knows about these injuries that these players suffer unless we've actually suffered the same injury. Losing speed isn't as big of a deal for a receiver who's best attributes are route running and good hands. That is a big reason why Rice was so dominant for so long, and Moss went out with a whimper. Again, from everything i've heard he's a team leader. You don't just let those types of players go. More importantly, you don't want those types of players going to a division rival already expected to win the division. Sometimes you just have to play the chess game.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Aug 2011, 1:46 pm

D.Powell wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

KJ how do you know that coming off of that type of injury that Steve Smith will be dangerous?? answer that question because I have a funny feeling you don't understand that type of injury...Smith was never a speed guy to begin with and he has been seriously injured twice over the past 2 years....if the eagles are willing to take that chance and can wait on him to be ready then so be it.....

As far as him giving the eagles "trade secrets" well then it will be up to Gilbride to make some changes in the play calling....you guys act like people have never switched betweens teams in the same division....lol

Fuck speed, we got Hakeem and Super Mario for that. Smith has excellent hands. The Giants could have resigned him and then have Dominick Hixon or someone take his place in the meantime. Besides, they've done absolutely NOTHING free agent wise so they might as well have tried to keep the guys they have. They've let Smith and Boss go elsewhere, and Osi is likely to do the same. Not to mention that Prince got injured in practice and will be out for 6-8 weeks. That really hurts our secondary.

I honestly don't have very high expectations for them this season. Yes, players have switched teams but never before has a GOOD team stacked itself in free agency so much as the Eagles have. I hope the Giants do well this season, but if they don't pick up some guys to replace the ones they've lost then the outlook is a 9-7 season at best, and that record likely won't get them in the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Aug 2011, 2:05 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

Fuck speed, we got Hakeem and Super Mario for that. Smith has excellent hands. The Giants could have resigned him and then have Dominick Hixon or someone take his place in the meantime. Besides, they've done absolutely NOTHING free agent wise so they might as well have tried to keep the guys they have. They've let Smith and Boss go elsewhere, and Osi is likely to do the same. Not to mention that Prince got injured in practice and will be out for 6-8 weeks. That really hurts our secondary.

I honestly don't have very high expectations for them this season. Yes, players have switched teams but never before has a GOOD team stacked itself in free agency so much as the Eagles have. I hope the Giants do well this season, but if they don't pick up some guys to replace the ones they've lost then the outlook is a 9-7 season at best, and that record likely won't get them in the playoffs.

Then to me your not a real Giants fan KJ...your a bandwagon type of dude...just admit that shit and be done with it....your an eagles fan now, because of what they've "picked up"...I still say FUCK the eagles....fuck the cowboys....fuck the patriots......fuck the jets.....and fuck the redskins.....and any other team in the NFL....I have confidence that my team can beat them...I don't care who they've picked up recently or haven't.....have you ever played sports before??? cause this is the type of drive you would need to have in order to succeed..really at anything in your life.....REAL TALK my dude!
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Aug 2011, 2:08 pm

and for the record the only speed WR we have is Mario Manningham....Nicks is not a speed guy my dude...his speed is slightly above average.....Manningham is almost as fast as DeSean, so he's officially a speed guy....the Giants need to pick up another speedy WR.....also another receiving TE....and maybe one more CB...but if we don't then fuck it....let the season begin.....and let's see where shit falls.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NFL Free Agency
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4