Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NFL Free Agency

Go down 
+11
Funk Seoul Brother
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Highsmith
Norfeest
D.Powell
Half
Shaun
Myestro
KJ Styles
SyRuP Sippa
T. Myers
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

NFL Free Agency - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 31 Jul 2011, 4:04 pm

T. Myers wrote:
KJ, the Eagles are gearing up for a SB run. Signing Asomugha and Jenkins is much more important for that goal than wasting that time on a player already under contract. As soon as free agency dies down, im sure he will be taken care of. It would not make sense to add all these players and then let Desean hold out.

Also, Plax signing with the Jets stings on so many levels for you Giants fans. Now rotoworld is saying the Skins may make a run at Bradshaw.

I hate the fact that Plax signed with the Jets, but it's whatever. I'm still a Giants fan no matter what. That said, If Coughlin would have been fired last season like I feel he should have. Plax would have re-signed with the Giants.

I'm not worried about Bradshaw though, because I highly doubt that he'd go to a team like the Skins. They completely suck and have no offensive line or QB, especially when the Giants have every intention of negotiating with him. Osi's situation however does worry me a bit. The Skins will be playing the Andrew Luck sweepstakes this season.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 31 Jul 2011, 4:30 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Today I REALLY HATE the damn jets......

son of a bitches....lol

I've always hated the Jets, even before the Plax signing. Basically for the same reason I hate the Mets, but I hate them even more in recent years because Rex Ryan is a classless piece of shit. He's a good football coach without a doubt, but as a person I have absolutely no respect for him whatsoever.

That said, it would have been WORSE if Plax had signed with the Eagles because they have Vick, Jackson, and McCoy and we have to play against them twice (and potentially three times) a season. Not to mention that the Jets have Sanchez at QB who still sucks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 31 Jul 2011, 4:48 pm

Sanchez>>>>>>>>>>>Eli Manning by a few multiverses.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 31 Jul 2011, 6:55 pm

lol. Not a chance
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 31 Jul 2011, 6:55 pm

Shaun wrote:
Sidney Rice to the Seahawks

What'd I say
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 31 Jul 2011, 7:55 pm

A Guest wrote:

maybe at Handball but at playing QB in the National Football League????

Hey Iowa Jeff Get The Fuck Out by a few multiverses.......
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Aug 2011, 1:55 pm

So Randy Moss is retiring. He's a surefire HOFer, but where does he rank on everyone's all time WR rankings?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Aug 2011, 3:22 pm

He's retiring like Jay-Z retired...3x? Like Brett Favre, Michael Jordan, etc...this is just Moss' temper tantrum that he didn't get the deal he wanted from a team he wanted and so now he's bitching and moaning. He'll be back.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Aug 2011, 5:32 pm

Moss is easily a top 5 WR of all time
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Aug 2011, 5:35 pm

Best I've ever seen in MY time of watching pigskin.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Aug 2011, 6:09 pm

I was watching ESPN and they said that if Cris Carter wasn't a first time ballot HOFer then Moss doesn't deserve to be, thoughts?
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Aug 2011, 6:10 pm

So Giants fans, Osi is asking for a trade and will likely get it... your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Aug 2011, 6:29 pm

Moss had a better career than Carter. He will get in on the first try
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Aug 2011, 6:41 pm

smh @ KJ...you're too old for that shit...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Aug 2011, 6:50 pm

T. Myers wrote:
So Randy Moss is retiring. He's a surefire HOFer, but where does he rank on everyone's all time WR rankings?

I'm gonna say top 3 WR. I can't imagine there are too many out there that transformed the game the way he did while putting up the same monster numbers. I mean, there's Rice and then he can go head to head with pretty much any WR you name after that. Some will look at rings and all that, but Moss is probably flat out better than anyone that gets named in terms of pure talent. He was a freak of nature (6'4" with 4.3 speed) with a jaw-dropping ability to catch the football. He ate DBs for breakfast, lunch and dinner...

I personally have him at #2, but I can understand an argument for him being #3...can't imagine who though.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Aug 2011, 7:33 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
So Giants fans, Osi is asking for a trade and will likely get it... your thoughts?

Osi needs his money.....plain and simple but if he leaves then the 2nd year dude Jason Pierre Paul will have to show us something....he was drafted in the first round for a reason last year....
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 02 Aug 2011, 5:03 pm

Ronnie Brown signed a 1 year deal with the Eagles. If he stays healthy, that could be one hell of a pickup...
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 02 Aug 2011, 7:35 pm

A Guest wrote:

How do you figure that??? Has Sanchez ever won a ring? Has Sanchez put up better career numbers? Is Sanchez among the best players on his team? The answer to all those questions is NO.

The Jets are good because of their defense and coaching, not because of Sanchez. Put him on a team with an average defense and average recievers and dude goes 6-10 at best.

So stick to wrestling Jeffery, you don't know shit about football.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 02 Aug 2011, 7:37 pm

Shaun wrote:

I agree, but Carter not being in already is a fucking outrage. He's easily a Top 10-15 WR of all time.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 02 Aug 2011, 7:38 pm

Eagles are definitely looking like the team to beat in the NFC
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 02 Aug 2011, 7:38 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Shaun wrote:

I agree, but Carter not being in already is a fucking outrage. He's easily a Top 10-15 WR of all time.

Yeah, it's bullshit. He's had three tries, right? smh
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 02 Aug 2011, 7:41 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

Osi needs his money.....plain and simple but if he leaves then the 2nd year dude Jason Pierre Paul will have to show us something....he was drafted in the first round for a reason last year....

I hope the Giants pay Osi, I like JPP but he's not on Osi's level as of yet and it remains to be seen if he ever will be. And the Giants drafted him in the first round because Rolando McClain was already off the board. Not taking anything away from JPP, but just sayin.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 02 Aug 2011, 7:45 pm

Shaun wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Shaun wrote:

Yeah, it's bullshit. He's had three tries, right? smh

I believe so, yeah. It's straight up bullshit. I hope he gets in this year.

As for the team to beat in the NFC, I say it's the Packers. While the Eagles do look great, Green Bay won the Super Bowl despite a shitload of injuries, and all of those injured players are back and healthy now.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 02 Aug 2011, 8:07 pm

Shaun wrote:
Eagles are definitely looking like the team to beat in the NFC

On paper they certainly are but thats why they play the games....we'll see

most of the time, the team that picks up a bunch of free agents never succeeds in winning it all at least in football.....right now I'd say the Packers with all of the returning players from injury are the team to beat in the NFC followed by the Saints...IMO...the eagles are number 3 IMO!
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 02 Aug 2011, 8:09 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

I hope the Giants pay Osi, I like JPP but he's not on Osi's level as of yet and it remains to be seen if he ever will be. And the Giants drafted him in the first round because Rolando McClain was already off the board. Not taking anything away from JPP, but just sayin.

Osi is overrated KJ...he is a very good pass rusher, he creates fumbles...and he is a horrible run defender

he is not worth all of that money...he is not the second coming of Strahan...no way man.....JPP should be fine slipping into his spot combined with Tuck and Mathias.....
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 02 Aug 2011, 8:17 pm

D.Powell wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

Osi is overrated KJ...he is a very good pass rusher, he creates fumbles...and he is a horrible run defender

he is not worth all of that money...he is not the second coming of Strahan...no way man.....JPP should be fine slipping into his spot combined with Tuck and Mathias.....

Osi's not Strahan, but he's definitely not overrated. Prior to getting injured he was one of the illest defensive ends in the league. Like you said he forces fumbles, and he's not a good but GREAT pass rusher. Since the Giants don't seem to be hunting for any free agents (which pisses me off) then they might as well spend the money on Osi. JPP's more of a DT than DE anyway.

The latest rumor is that the Seahawks want Osi, but all they're willing to give us are John Carlson and a 4th round draft pick. That's not good enough. Carlson is slightly better than Kevin Boss, but he's not an elite TE and a 4th rounder isn't gonna help us much.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 02 Aug 2011, 8:23 pm

to me Osi is good but not great....he is not a hall of fame end yet??

he ain't Fred Dean, Mike Strahan, Mean Joe Greene, Richard Dent, Reggie White, or a bunch of other dudes man.....he is good but not great... I'm not even sure if he's better than Julius Peppers right now, I don't throw around the word great as easily as you do....

Seattle needs to give up more and if they do then it's a wrap for good ol' Osi....he ain't worth the headache....
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 02 Aug 2011, 8:44 pm

D.Powell wrote:
to me Osi is good but not great....he is not a hall of fame end yet??

he ain't Fred Dean, Mike Strahan, Mean Joe Greene, Richard Dent, Reggie White, or a bunch of other dudes man.....he is good but not great... I'm not even sure if he's better than Julius Peppers right now, I don't throw around the word great as easily as you do....

Seattle needs to give up more and if they do then it's a wrap for good ol' Osi....he ain't worth the headache....

There are many great players who haven't made the HOF as of yet, and our opinions are different when it comes to who's great and who isn't so that's all relative. Seattle definitely needs to give up more but knowing Coughlin he'd take that bullshit offer. I hate Coughlin with a passion, if the Giants miss the postseason this year they'd better fire him. He should have been fired this year and replaced by Bill Cowher IMO.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 02 Aug 2011, 9:00 pm

Yeah if Coughlin misses the playoffs this year (and to me he needs to win a game if he makes it as well) then he deserves to be canned.....but I don't hate a coach that got us a ring man.....he's a very good coach that needs to produce this year plain and simple......
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 02 Aug 2011, 9:18 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Yeah if Coughlin misses the playoffs this year (and to me he needs to win a game if he makes it as well) then he deserves to be canned.....but I don't hate a coach that got us a ring man.....he's a very good coach that needs to produce this year plain and simple......

He's a good but not great coach. I feel that the personnel (players and unit coaches) did more to win that ring moreso than he did. He knows the game, but his methods are behind the times and a lot of players (both on the team and around the league) dislike him. He's the main reason why Plax didn't re-sign with us and he should be shopping for free agents but he isn't.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 02 Aug 2011, 10:58 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

He's a good but not great coach. I feel that the personnel (players and unit coaches) did more to win that ring moreso than he did. He knows the game, but his methods are behind the times and a lot of players (both on the team and around the league) dislike him. He's the main reason why Plax didn't re-sign with us and he should be shopping for free agents but he isn't.

It's the GM's job to shop for free agents not the coach...Jerry Reese needs to get on his grind man...

as for Plax not signing so be it.....Plax wants to do what he wants to do and maybe if he buys a team in the future then he can do just that...this is Coach Coughlin's team man...he's not a great coach but he has won everywhere he's been so that is saying something man....and this year he MUST win again or be fired plain and simple....
Back to top Go down
hipp0319
Half Dolla
Half Dolla
hipp0319

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 03 Aug 2011, 11:09 am

Eagles >>>>>>>>>>>>> NFL
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 03 Aug 2011, 4:51 pm

Seattle is really trying to get their offense back on track. I like it
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 03 Aug 2011, 5:36 pm

The Eagles are trying to be the Yankees, but in the end they'll end up like the Heat.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 03 Aug 2011, 5:37 pm

Shaun wrote:
Seattle is really trying to get their offense back on track. I like it

With Tavaris Jackson?? LMAO good luck with that!
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 03 Aug 2011, 10:52 pm

Randy Moss is the greatest receiver of all time, period, and for the reasons Norf mentioned. He is more talented than Rice. If he played on that Niner team with that passing attack he would have hit 30 touchdowns and would have every receiving record imagineable and no one would ever come even remotely close to breaking it. I dont care what anyone says, Moss is #1 all time.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 03 Aug 2011, 10:54 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
The Eagles are trying to be the Yankees, but in the end they'll end up like the Heat.

they are not trying to be the Yankees or Heat. The Yankees dont have a salary cap to deal with. The Eagles just hvae great management and people want to play there. The Heat situation is also much different, you cant really compare this to NBA free agency, the impact NBA players have is muc different, football is much more about building a full team, the Eagles didnt build an entire team through free agency.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 03 Aug 2011, 11:14 pm

The Eagles are trying to be the Red Wings. Time will tell if it actually works for them though...
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 03 Aug 2011, 11:25 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
Randy Moss is the greatest receiver of all time, period, and for the reasons Norf mentioned. He is more talented than Rice. If he played on that Niner team with that passing attack he would have hit 30 touchdowns and would have every receiving record imagineable and no one would ever come even remotely close to breaking it. I dont care what anyone says, Moss is #1 all time.

Randy Moss is a GREAT WR....that said there is no fuckin way that he is more talented then Jerry Rice in Rice's prime and in Moss's prime....NO WAY.....Moss was faster, and that was only somewhat...after that it's all Jerry...route running...hands....blocking ability.......clutch catches....leadership

Moss's attitude destroys him....he wasn't a winner....he was lazy and moody, and he was lacking in those key areas I just mentioned when compared to Jerry Rice...if you want to call him the 2nd greatest WR of all-time then that is fine but to say that he is better than Jerry Rice??...I gotta disagree with that 100% Slang......
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 04 Aug 2011, 4:01 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

Randy Moss is a GREAT WR....that said there is no fuckin way that he is more talented then Jerry Rice in Rice's prime and in Moss's prime....NO WAY.....Moss was faster, and that was only somewhat...after that it's all Jerry...route running...hands....blocking ability.......clutch catches....leadership

Moss's attitude destroys him....he wasn't a winner....he was lazy and moody, and he was lacking in those key areas I just mentioned when compared to Jerry Rice...if you want to call him the 2nd greatest WR of all-time then that is fine but to say that he is better than Jerry Rice??...I gotta disagree with that 100% Slang......

Co-Sign 100%, Moss is great, but at best he's the 3rd best reciever of all time. Rice is the Micheal Jordan of recievers.

Jerry Rice could catch the ball in rush hour traffic. Randy Moss usually quit on plays in which he got double teamed, that was never the case with Jerry Rice. His numbers are FAR SUPERIOR to anybody that ever played. You can make the argument that Rice is the best football player of all time PERIOD, whereas you cannot make that argument for Randy Moss.

Therefore Jerry Rice>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Randy Moss
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 04 Aug 2011, 5:24 pm

Indeed. Moss could easily make a case for most talented WR of all time. When it comes to greatest, though, Rice is far and away at the top
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 04 Aug 2011, 6:16 pm

I don't even think you can call Moss the most talented WR or make a case for him. If you take plays off on purpose in the middle of routes, IMO you shouldn't be considered for most talented WR of all time. I will say that he may be the greatest threat as a down field WR. He never wanted to run any route other than a fly pattern.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 04 Aug 2011, 6:29 pm

SMH! I don't see how a football fan would disagree with me, but it's whatever.

But, on a serious note, I don't think taking plays off takes away from someone's talent level. Even though someone took a play off, they still have the talent, right?lol
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 04 Aug 2011, 6:32 pm

Talented receivers don't take plays off Shaun....lol If it's a running play and you're acting like you're doing something, that's one thing. However, if it's a pass play and you're cutting the route off, not giving 100% on the pattern or route, etc., that takes away from your talent.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 04 Aug 2011, 6:35 pm

Shaun wrote:
SMH! I don't see how a football fan would disagree with me, but it's whatever.

But, on a serious note, I don't think taking plays off takes away from someone's talent level. Even though someone took a play off, they still have the talent, right?lol

I never said that it takes away from their talent level BUT that's one of the reasons why I rank Michael Irvin (who's the 2nd best reciever of all time IMO) over Randy Moss. Irvin NEVER took a play off and won many big games. There have been times when Moss taking plays off has COST his teams some wins and/or opportunities to win. That's one of the reasons why Belichick got rid of him.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 04 Aug 2011, 6:40 pm

Well I am saying it KJ....lol If you not giving 100% takes away from your team being successful, it's very difficult for you to make a case that this isn't taking away from the guy's talent. I am a Randy Moss fan don't get me wrong, but when you don't give 100% on every play when it's a pass play, blocking down the field for your teammates, etc, you can't be the most talented WR.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 04 Aug 2011, 7:18 pm

Highsmith wrote:
Well I am saying it KJ....lol If you not giving 100% takes away from your team being successful, it's very difficult for you to make a case that this isn't taking away from the guy's talent. I am a Randy Moss fan don't get me wrong, but when you don't give 100% on every play when it's a pass play, blocking down the field for your teammates, etc, you can't be the most talented WR.

Well I agree with you for the most part. I don't feel that Moss is the most talented reciever of all time and the fact that he took plays off is one of the reasons for that. That said, despite doing so he's put up numbers that put him in at least the Top 5.

My Top 5 recievers of all time

Jerry Rice
Michael Irvin
Randy Moss
Terrell Owens
Steve Largent
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 04 Aug 2011, 8:40 pm

I agree 1000% with you Highsmith...there is no doubt about that man.....the FACT that Randy was literally chilling on a bunch of plays (and even had the nerve to leave one game before it officially ended) really hurts his legacy alot...his attitude was HORRIBLE...but he was so special in terms of talent that he was still able to accomplish alot in spite of himself

but there is NO WAY he is on the level of Jerry Rice...to me neither he nor any other WR is even close...my top 5 WR's of all-time are:

Jerry Rice
Michael Irvin
Randy Moss
Lynn Swann
Cris Carter

those are the first 5 guys I would want catching the ball from me if I were playing QB...each one of them brings a different skill set to the table Rice being the greatest OVERALL WR......Irvin being the strongest leader and route runner at WR...Moss being the best WR at getting deep......Swann being the most acrobatic WR and Carter has the most dependable hands.....

Owens falls in my top 10 along with Largent, Harrison, Monk and Andre Reed....(in that order)
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 04 Aug 2011, 8:53 pm

Andre Johnson will be in that top 10 when he's all said and done as well......
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 04 Aug 2011, 9:00 pm

D.Powell wrote:
I agree 1000% with you Highsmith...there is no doubt about that man.....the FACT that Randy was literally chilling on a bunch of plays (and even had the nerve to leave one game before it officially ended) really hurts his legacy alot...his attitude was HORRIBLE...but he was so special in terms of talent that he was still able to accomplish alot in spite of himself

but there is NO WAY he is on the level of Jerry Rice...to me neither he nor any other WR is even close...my top 5 WR's of all-time are:

Jerry Rice
Michael Irvin
Randy Moss
Lynn Swann
Cris Carter

those are the first 5 guys I would want catching the ball from me if I were playing QB...each one of them brings a different skill set to the table Rice being the greatest OVERALL WR......Irvin being the strongest leader and route runner at WR...Moss being the best WR at getting deep......Swann being the most acrobatic WR and Carter has the most dependable hands.....

Owens falls in my top 10 along with Largent, Harrison, Monk and Andre Reed....(in that order)

Lynn Swann's numbers don't match up with Owens', or Largent's, or Carter's, or anyone else you mentioned. Hell, John Stallworh (his own WR teammate) got into the Hall Of Fame before Swann did. Just sayin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NFL Free Agency   NFL Free Agency - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NFL Free Agency
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next