Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1)

Go down 
+10
ctrx
Highsmith
boet
Funk Seoul Brother
T. Myers
D.Powell
Deanie O'Banion
E. Taylor
Laced With Slang
Shaun
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Common vs. Tech N9ne
Common
GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1) - Page 2 Vote_lcap55%GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 55% [ 12 ]
Tech N9ne
GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1) - Page 2 Vote_lcap45%GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1) - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 45% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 22

Poll closed

AuthorMessage

GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1)   GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Sep 2010, 6:50 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Jeff clearly was referring to the fact Common hasn't been Common for about 10 years... you dudes can't sit there and complain about every album he's dropping since LWFC and then sit here and praise him.

His catalog doesn't stand up to Tech's. Even Tech's worst bootleg efforts are better than Common's worse.

Lyrically Tech is a force and hangs, if not beats common. It just comes down to preference here really. I will take Tech because he's brought a new style to the game. Common never brought anything new to the game.. he was a native tongues clone from Chicago, nothing more.

Common only has two weak albums to me. And I agree he bought nothing new to the game. But neither has Tech. Fast rapping over dark beats is not that original.

That's not even remotely close to what tech does.. just a fraction of his catalog.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1)   GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Sep 2010, 6:51 pm

UMC and FF most likely
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1)   GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Sep 2010, 6:52 pm

Half wrote:
UMC and FF most likely

Or possibly Electric Circus. FF was nowhere near wack IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1)   GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Sep 2010, 6:52 pm

Slang, I was talking about the fact that most people don't even LIKE Be, and bitch about everything Common has done post-LWFC, then say Com is better than Tech N9ne. You fools that voted against clearly have no clue what you're talking about, and I could spend all day digging up threads of everybody blasting whatever new homoerotic trend Com has grabbed onto, trying to play himself for the mainstream again and again. Tech N9ne has HOOKS more lyrical than all of UMC put together, and that's where the 10 year comment has come from. It takes Common so long to drop because he constantly re-evaluates what faggy new thing white people have fallen in love with in urban culture this year. Tech N9ne remains true to himself and his art, and sacrifices his lyrics on no song, period. Even on "Biancas and Beatrices" Tech is using multis, metaphors, punchlines, etc, and Common drops down to Souljah Boi levels for singles (but his subject matter is better, so you give him a pass).

If you think Tech only raps fast over dark beats, you clearly don't listen to his music, Kevin. That's one album, and maybe another album or two's worth after over a dozen solos of material.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1)   GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Sep 2010, 6:54 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
KRob86 wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Jeff clearly was referring to the fact Common hasn't been Common for about 10 years... you dudes can't sit there and complain about every album he's dropping since LWFC and then sit here and praise him.

His catalog doesn't stand up to Tech's. Even Tech's worst bootleg efforts are better than Common's worse.

Lyrically Tech is a force and hangs, if not beats common. It just comes down to preference here really. I will take Tech because he's brought a new style to the game. Common never brought anything new to the game.. he was a native tongues clone from Chicago, nothing more.

Common only has two weak albums to me. And I agree he bought nothing new to the game. But neither has Tech. Fast rapping over dark beats is not that original.

That's not even remotely close to what tech does.. just a fraction of his catalog.

Now I will give you that. He does not only rap over dark beats. I was surprised by that when I got more and more into his albums. But his rap style is not original but his delivery is unique. But so is Common's. The way Common raps in true poerty form is masterful imo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1)   GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Sep 2010, 6:55 pm

Wayne wrote:
Half wrote:
UMC and FF most likely

I was speaking on Can I Borrow A Dollar and UMC. Electric Circus would be his 3rd weakest to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1)   GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Sep 2010, 6:55 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Half wrote:
UMC and FF most likely

I was speaking on Can I Borrow A Dollar and UMC. Electric Circus would be his 3rd weakest to me.

UMC has to be his most disappointing album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1)   GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Sep 2010, 6:57 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:
KRob86 wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

Now I will give you that. He does not only rap over dark beats. I was surprised by that when I got more and more into his albums. But his rap style is not original but his delivery is unique. But so is Common's. The way Common raps in true poerty form is masterful imo.

Rap style is not original? Who sounds like Tech N9ne before Tech? Seriously...

Common bit a million people but you're giving him a pass. JUST ADMIT YOUR PREFERENCE AND DROP IT.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1)   GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Sep 2010, 6:58 pm

Steve Knight wrote:
LOL @ KJs continued hypocrisy - he can DL albums and listen to them once and accurately judge them, but heaven forbid someone does that with some shitty ass 1980's East Coast album. They could never accurately rate them or understand them then.

Go back to making gay advances and kissing faces you failure at life hippo.

I see you've taken me off ignore you bitch ass, failure at life, psycho ass toy soldier.

Go fuck yourself. You're a piece of shit and your rap knowledge is fuckin limited pre-1995.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1)   GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Sep 2010, 7:00 pm

Wow I'm surprised by Can I Borrow A Dollar Kev, I feel like that and Resurrection are his best, especially when mic skills are concerned. We'll have to agree to disagree. I'll get a bunch of Tech tonight and listen to it so I can base my decision off more than Anghellic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1)   GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Sep 2010, 7:01 pm

Half wrote:
Wow I'm surprised by Can I Borrow A Dollar Kev, I feel like that and Resurrection are his best, especially when mic skills are concerned. We'll have to agree to disagree. I'll get a bunch of Tech tonight and listen to it so I can base my decision off more than Anghellic.

I was surprised to see CIBAD listed also.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1)   GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Sep 2010, 7:05 pm

Jeff wrote:
Eastern Rap Pro wrote:
Tech is overrated IMO. Yeah he's lyrical but he can be average as hell at times.

I've downloaded 3 of his albums (KOD, Absolute Power, Anghellic) and they're all dope, but none of them are as good as Common's best 3 IMO (Resurrection, Like Water For Chocolate, One Day It'll All Make Sense).

Tech is hotter than Common is right now, but total career wise Common is killing him.

How is Common killing anything with so few albums in such a long time when at least three of them are fucking wack? Just say this:

"Common is more my style, so I'm picking him". Don't lie and make this about some shit it's not when the truth is obvious. And how are you judging an artist's catologue when you haven't even checked out half their shit? Your foot is so far in your mouth you're choking on your kneecap.

I only dislike two Common albums personally. And get the fuck out of here with that "More my style" bullshit because you vote THE EXACT SAME WAY.

You're right, I'm not familiar with Tech's whole catalog HOWEVER some people who are have told me that the 3 albums I DL'ed were his best. While I don't dislike them, I don't think they're as good as Common's best, hence my vote.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1)   GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Sep 2010, 7:06 pm

Jeff wrote:
KRob86 wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:
KRob86 wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

Rap style is not original? Who sounds like Tech N9ne before Tech? Seriously...

Common bit a million people but you're giving him a pass. JUST ADMIT YOUR PREFERENCE AND DROP IT.

Of course preference plays a major role. Thats a given so no point in even bringing that up. And I admit no one souns like Tech delivery wise but the whole fast flow like I said is not original. But Tech's delivery does stand out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1)   GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Sep 2010, 7:10 pm

Tech N9ne is more original that Common, wouldn't you say K.Rob?
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1)   GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Sep 2010, 7:10 pm

I prefer niether, but I had to pick so I chose the one I'm more familiar with. Even though I'll admit, I'm not all that familiar with him.

If I listened to Tech N9ne's albums, I might actually really dig them. Who knows. I just know nothing about him ever really made me want to check him out that much.

So, if the powers-that-be want to take my vote away, I voted for Common. I really don't care which advances, since there's a strong bet neither will get my vote in the next round. And it's a guarantee that the round after that, their chance of getting my vote will be 0%.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1)   GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Sep 2010, 7:11 pm

Jeff, find one time where I blasted Common?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1)   GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Sep 2010, 7:22 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Tech N9ne is more original that Common, wouldn't you say K.Rob?

Yes sir. He is more original than Common rhyme style wise. And he may be more diverse. Tech sounds comfortable on almost any type of beat or subject. While Common sounds out of whack outside his comfort zone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1)   GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Sep 2010, 10:21 pm

My point, Kev, is that you keep giving points to Common, I make a counter point against what you're saying, and then you basically take it back. But you're still voting for Common.

Albums-Tech
Style-Tech
Originality-Tech
Lyrics-Tech
Diversity-Tech
Impact-Tech
Legacy-Tech
Flow-Tech

Any other barometer you'd care to compare them with? And anybody who would like to disagree on any of those categories, I welcome the challenge.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1)   GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Sep 2010, 10:23 pm

Common put Chicago on the map, and made it cool to be a flower power rapper but play a gangsta in movies.

Legacy overall belongs to Common too, since more people know him; same with impact.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1)   GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Sep 2010, 10:29 pm

No, Steve. No. The game would be the same without Common, and he certainly didn't put Chicago on the map. Tech N9ne influenced an entire region, Common did nothing but sellout time and again to the lowest common denominator.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1)   GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Sep 2010, 10:30 pm

Jeff wrote:
My point, Kev, is that you keep giving points to Common, I make a counter point against what you're saying, and then you basically take it back. But you're still voting for Common.

Albums-Tech
Style-Tech
Originality-Tech
Lyrics-Tech
Diversity-Tech
Impact-Tech
Legacy-Tech
Flow-Tech

Any other barometer you'd care to compare them with? And anybody who would like to disagree on any of those categories, I welcome the challenge.

Jeff thats str8 up Stan answers up there.

Mine look like this:

Albums-Common (Tech albums are very very hit or miss and all the over place)
Style-Tech (agreed)
Originality- Tech (agreed)
Lyrics-Common
Diversity-Tech (agreed)
Impact-Tech & Common (they both mean the same to their city)
Legacy-Common (easiest one, no one even talks about Tech like this outside this forum.)
Flow-Tech (agree, but when Common wants too he can be damn good)

Last edited by KRob86 on Sun 12 Sep 2010, 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1)   GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Sep 2010, 10:31 pm

Jeff wrote:
No, Steve. No. The game would be the same without Common, and he certainly didn't put Chicago on the map. Tech N9ne influenced an entire region, Common did nothing but sellout time and again to the lowest common denominator.

What fucking region did Tech influence? Please share this. And Common did put Chicago on the hip hop radar nationwide. Who else did?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1)   GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Sep 2010, 10:32 pm

Chicago is strongly influenced by NO ID and Common, you are very mistaken.

Tech N9ne didn't influence an entire region either, all he did is mold his label-mates sound to his own. Common has all-time hip-hop tracks The Bitch in Yoo, and I used to love HER
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1)   GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Sep 2010, 10:33 pm

No, Tech albums are hit and miss? Name a cd under 3 stars he put out. Please.

Lyrics? You never responded to my response to your ridiculous Common stan statements about 3 dope Common songs spread out over 20 years. Tech has dope concepts EVERY ALBUM. Impact? Whatever, I'm not going to convince you, but you live in the south and therefore don't realize how people feel about Common and Tech around here. The lines spoken by PackFM are sentiments shared by most of the midwest for the past decade. And EVERYBODY talks about Tech outside this forum, how do you think Lil Wayne has heard of him? E 40? Scarface? Tupac? Rick Rock? Etc etc etc

Common is on flow-wise when he tries, but nobody is fucking with Tech.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1)   GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Sep 2010, 10:36 pm

Really? If Common put Chicago on the map, then why did EC Illa have "Ill State Of Mind" playing on Rap City BEFORE any Common singles? And Common was influenced by No ID, and 70 other generic east coast rappers, with no style or legacy of his own.

Tech N9ne doesn't make any of his artists sound like him, clearly you don't know what you're talking about Steven.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1)   GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Sep 2010, 10:36 pm

Tech is getting talked about because of his independent hustle. Thats it. No one is proping his skills on the regular or biggin up any of his albums. You are delusional.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1)   GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Sep 2010, 10:38 pm

Jeff wrote:
Really? If Common put Chicago on the map, then why did EC Illa have "Ill State Of Mind" playing on Rap City BEFORE any Common singles? And Common was influenced by No ID, and 70 other generic east coast rappers, with no style or legacy of his own.

Tech N9ne doesn't make any of his artists sound like him, clearly you don't know what you're talking about Steven.

Laughing My Ass Off

I mean really? Thats your comeback...loooooooooooooooool. Did anybody give a shit about that song. But I also remember when Soul By The Pound was getting regular rotation on Rap City and Yo MTV Raps.....lol. GTFOH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fa real!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1)   GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Sep 2010, 10:39 pm

No it's just the pot calling the kettle black, you're even more biased than Kev is towards Common with Tech...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1)   GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Sep 2010, 10:40 pm

That makes sense, KRob. Lil Wayne compared Tech's skill to Andre 3000s because he respects his hustle. Whatever. Your arguments fail then you resort to saying more shit that isn't what you were saying initially and often times has nothing to really do with the conversation.

And I don't give a fuck what most rappers think, honestly. People all across the country buy Tech's albums, he's the most successful indie rapper ever. Could Common be that successful without a major label's push? Doubt it. You overstate his importance because he sound similar to everything else that's on the radio. Knock the new shit, cherish the old, fogies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1)   GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Sep 2010, 10:41 pm

[quote="KRob86"]
Jeff wrote:

Laughing My Ass Off

I mean really? Thats your comeback...loooooooooooooooool. Did anybody give a shit about that song. But I also remember when Soul By The Pound was getting regular rotation on Rap City and Yo MTV Raps.....lol. GTFOH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fa real!!!!!!!!!!![/quote

So what's putting a city on the map? If Breed fell off and never did anything beyond "Ain't No Future", would you still say he put Flint on the map or give credit to DFC, Dayton Family, or Top Authority?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1)   GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Sep 2010, 10:46 pm

[quote="Jeff"]
KRob86 wrote:
Jeff wrote:

Laughing My Ass Off

I mean really? Thats your comeback...loooooooooooooooool. Did anybody give a shit about that song. But I also remember when Soul By The Pound was getting regular rotation on Rap City and Yo MTV Raps.....lol. GTFOH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fa real!!!!!!!!!!![/quote

So what's putting a city on the map? If Breed fell off and never did anything beyond "Ain't No Future", would you still say he put Flint on the map or give credit to DFC, Dayton Family, or Top Authority?

Being the 1st rapper out the city to hit nationwide and get the city hip hop respect.

And Breed did fall off after ANF dropped pretty much. But he put Flint on the map, you know why? That video and song got major play everywhere. That album sold a good amount of copies for a unknown rapper from a unknown city and state in hip hop.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1)   GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 12:16 am

Grand Moff Myestro wrote:
I prefer niether, but I had to pick so I chose the one I'm more familiar with. Even though I'll admit, I'm not all that familiar with him.

If I listened to Tech N9ne's albums, I might actually really dig them. Who knows. I just know nothing about him ever really made me want to check him out that much.

So, if the powers-that-be want to take my vote away, I voted for Common. I really don't care which advances, since there's a strong bet neither will get my vote in the next round. And it's a guarantee that the round after that, their chance of getting my vote will be 0%.

Check him out man. I slept on him for too long because I had decided I wouldn't like his music for whatever reason. I finally checked him out bout a year and a half ago and love the 3 albums i have. I bought "Anghellic", "K.O.D", and "Absolute Power" in that order and they're all dope.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1)   GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 2:13 am

I see kids sporting Tech N9ne shirts from time to time, I've never seen anybody in a Common shirt. Tech is a man of the people, touring all the time and that gets respect. I can't say that I've ever heard a Common song, so really I can't comment on him.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1)   GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 2:24 am

The Bitch In Yoo is the first Common song you should hear
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1)   GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 2:36 am

Ahahahahahahahaha, that beat belongs on a Tribe record. Cube would christmas tree knife this fool in his turd cutter American Me style.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1)   GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 2:45 am

lol. I figured you'd like it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1)   GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 8:16 am

Actually, everyone thinks Common won...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1)   GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 9:44 am

KRob86 wrote:
Jeff wrote:
KRob86 wrote:
Jeff wrote:

Laughing My Ass Off

I mean really? Thats your comeback...loooooooooooooooool. Did anybody give a shit about that song. But I also remember when Soul By The Pound was getting regular rotation on Rap City and Yo MTV Raps.....lol. GTFOH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fa real!!!!!!!!!!!

Being the 1st rapper out the city to hit nationwide and get the city hip hop respect.

And Breed did fall off after ANF dropped pretty much. But he put Flint on the map, you know why? That video and song got major play everywhere. That album sold a good amount of copies for a unknown rapper from a unknown city and state in hip hop.

Wow, contradictions all over the place here. I'll be sure to tell rappers they have to ask for KRob's co-sign on whether they blew up enough to be considered the first hit rapper out of their city. The EC Illa thing was merely making a point that there were tons of rappers from Chicago out at the same time as Common. And remember, Common was nobody until Ressurection, really.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1)   GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Sep 2010, 9:58 am

Jeff wrote:
KRob86 wrote:
Jeff wrote:
KRob86 wrote:
Jeff wrote:

Laughing My Ass Off

Wow, contradictions all over the place here. I'll be sure to tell rappers they have to ask for KRob's co-sign on whether they blew up enough to be considered the first hit rapper out of their city. The EC Illa thing was merely making a point that there were tons of rappers from Chicago out at the same time as Common. And remember, Common was nobody until Ressurection, really.

Common was not truly considered a force until Resurrection but Soul By The Pound was making a buzz before that. And you damn right they betta ask K Rob's for his cosignage....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1)   GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GOAT Day 2: Common vs. Tech N9ne (Bracket 1)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2