Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DITC - Volume 10

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cold Loungin
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Cold Loungin

DITC - Volume 10 Empty
PostSubject: DITC - Volume 10   DITC - Volume 10 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Aug 2011, 9:21 am

Today I was spinnin this bay area cd so thought I would put it up for some focus. It's from 1996 by Hook Boog/Hook Boogie called Kreepin While Ya Sleepin, on Abyssal Giantism Records. It is a solid, dope release which I do find myself playing from time to time as there's some pretty good songs on it from chill laid back to some more darker gangsta shit. Some production had G-man stan on it which is a name all underground bay fans should know, he's done a mass of work for numerous artists from RBL posse to Spice 1. I can't elaborate any further on production as I have my original packed away and been jammin my burn copy at work. I have found a couple of tracks off this album have come off the previous ep "This Way Or That Way" which came out in 1994.
The raps are a blend of gangsta hiphop with a hint of conscious and political thrown in that makes it stand out a little to me. I would rate it around 3.75-4.0 and fav track up top here is chillin like a villain. Thanks for reading.

Links to previous albums
V.9 > MC Solaar - Paradisiaque [1997]
V.8 > KMC - Three Men With The Power Of Ten [1991]
V.7 > Young Lo - Life In General [2000]
V.6 > SMK - Ain't Nuttin Shakin [1996]
V.5 > Icey Hott - Mind Over Matter [1999]
V.4 > J Rock - Streetwize [1991]
V.3 > OTR Clique - Streets Deeper Than The Grave [1995]
V.2 > Chuck Nutt - Give It Up [1999]
V.1 > PG-13 - Rollin Wit Da PG [1990]
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

DITC - Volume 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DITC - Volume 10   DITC - Volume 10 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Aug 2011, 9:30 am

Hey Lounge just to let you know I listened to Lonewolf by Prowla and Cyclops 4000 The Einstein Rosen Bridge by Sir Menelik and both were dope, thanks for the recs.

Also this album sounds interesting and I'll check it out.
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
Cold Loungin

DITC - Volume 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DITC - Volume 10   DITC - Volume 10 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Aug 2011, 9:41 am

Half wrote:
Hey Lounge just to let you know I listened to Lonewolf by Prowla and Cyclops 4000 The Einstein Rosen Bridge by Sir Menelik and both were dope, thanks for the recs.

Also this album sounds interesting and I'll check it out.

Im really glad you liked those albums Half !! I thought you might. I'm extra happy that you liked the Prowla too. I must admit I enjoy it when I can get you Americano's onto some oz hiphop.

This Hook Boog album I do find that once I spin it a couple times I will start to skip tracks as some tracks become a little boring to listen to over and then I need to let it sit for a while before I come back, but it has got quality and is a solid record to me.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

DITC - Volume 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DITC - Volume 10   DITC - Volume 10 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Aug 2011, 4:26 pm

Some baby Mess, what is he 15 on this? Good stuff, never heard this before. Lounge always knowing the good 90's rarely heard.
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
Cold Loungin

DITC - Volume 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DITC - Volume 10   DITC - Volume 10 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Aug 2011, 4:51 pm

Deanie O'Banion wrote:
Some baby Mess, what is he 15 on this? Good stuff, never heard this before. Lounge always knowing the good 90's rarely heard.

Yeeah Messy Marv was indeed on this album, I forgot to write that... Around 15 years old would be correct.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DITC - Volume 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DITC - Volume 10   DITC - Volume 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DITC - Volume 10
Page 1 of 1