Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ?

Go down 
+15
Alan
Norfeest
Dwight
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
E. Taylor
Funk Seoul Brother
Xcel
Half
J. Harris
Justin Linker
Laced With Slang
ACRID"
T. Myers
D.Powell
Cold Loungin
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ?   Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 4:42 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Bushido Brown wrote:
Don't know it this is nitpicking, but...

"Father" of hip hop/ jazz? Really? Did I miss something?

???????

What purpose does this BULLSHIT serve on a thread when a hip-hop legend has passed???

this is just Norf speaking before thinking once again...you do this quite a bit Norf do you have some type of mental disorder or something man??? dude go bang your head on the wall and see if it clears things up a little bit...

Two things....

1) Fuck you.

2) Address the question or shut the fuck up. I don't need your clearance to say what the fuck I want. Deal with it or go fuck yourself. I'm growing really tired of you being a retard. Stick to the fuckin' point for a change. Unless you can point out what makes him the "father" of hip hop/jazz, get your panties out of your ass, hop off my sack and stick to the topic at hand.

You being a dickhead is getting really old and I won't be dealing with you singling people out for much longer, bitch...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ?   Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 4:57 pm

DAMN!......................... affraid
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ?   Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 5:00 pm

Bushido Brown wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
Bushido Brown wrote:
Don't know it this is nitpicking, but...

"Father" of hip hop/ jazz? Really? Did I miss something?

???????

What purpose does this BULLSHIT serve on a thread when a hip-hop legend has passed???

this is just Norf speaking before thinking once again...you do this quite a bit Norf do you have some type of mental disorder or something man??? dude go bang your head on the wall and see if it clears things up a little bit...

Two things....

1) Fuck you.

2) Address the question or shut the fuck up. I don't need your clearance to say what the fuck I want. Deal with it or go fuck yourself. I'm growing really tired of you being a retard. Stick to the fuckin' point for a change. Unless you can point out what makes him the "father" of hip hop/jazz, get your panties out of your ass, hop off my sack and stick to the topic at hand.

You being a dickhead is getting really old and I won't be dealing with you singling people out for much longer, bitch...

You won't be dealing with me singling out people much longer??? what is that supposed to mean?? am I supposed to be scared of you Norfy??

dude is threatening me again over the internet...LMAO...now thats SOFT! like a snickers bar in 100 degree heat....kill it Norf and show the dead some respect DICK HEAD!...now that was my point from the beginning idiot!
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ?   Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 6:17 pm

You don't have to be scared. Try reading it again...and this time, comprehend it as well, you dumb fuck.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ?   Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 6:47 pm

DJ Premier issues statement on Guru's passing and the letter:

Quote :

IT WAS A SAD DAY FOR ME TO GET CONFIRMATION ON THE DEATH OF A MAN WHO I WILL CONTINUE TO CALL MY BROTHER, KEITH ELAM, BETTER KNOWN AS GURU OF THE LEGENDARY GANG STARR.

FROM 1988-2004, WE EXPERIENCED SO MUCH SUCCESS TOGETHER THAT WE WERE ABLE TO EXPAND OUR BUSINESSES INDEPENDENTLY AND GIVE EACH OTHER WHAT GURU CALLED “CREATIVE SPACE”, BEFORE PLANNING TO REUNITE FOR OUR 7TH LP WHEN THE TIME WAS RIGHT. TRAGICALLY, WE WILL NEVER REACH THAT DAY.

I’VE BEEN ASKED TO COMMENT ON A LETTER SPEAKING ILL OF ME WHICH WAS SUPPOSEDLY WRITTEN BY GURU IN HIS DYING DAYS. ALL I WILL SAY ABOUT IT IS THAT OUR TIME TOGETHER WAS BEAUTIFUL, WE BUILT A HIP HOP LEGACY TOGETHER, AND NO ONE CAN RE-WRITE HISTORY OR TAKE AWAY MY LOVE FOR HIM. ONE THING I WOULD NEVER DO IS PLAY AROUND WITH THE TRUTH ABOUT HIS LIFE.

I WILL CELEBRATE GURU’S LIFE… I WILL HONOR HIS MEMORY… I WILL GRIEVE WITH THE ELAM FAMILY OVER HIS UNTIMELY DEATH… I WILL REMEMBER THE GANG STARR FOUNDATION AND ALL OF THE ORIGINAL MEMBERS OF GANG STARR WHO CAME BEFORE ME – WE ALL KNOW EACH OTHER… MOSTLY, I WILL CHERISH EVERYTHING WE CREATED TOGETHER AS GANG STARR, FOREVER. I’M GONNA MISS HEARING HIS SIGNATURE MONOTONE VOICE WHEN HE WALKS IN THE ROOM, BUT THE SONGS WILL ALWAYS BRING IT BACK TO ME….HIS RHYME FLOWS WERE INSANE, AND I WILL NEVER REMOVE HIM FROM MY HEART AND SOUL…….REST IN PEACE TO THE MAN WHO FELT “SATISFACTION FROM THE STREET CROWD REACTION” … I LOVE YOU GOO…….DJ PREMIER.

other artists responses:

The Roots' ?uestlove: "gangstarr was cream of wheat with salt AND brown sugar. gangstarr was a strong shot (primo) and a chaser (guru). gangstarr was moms tomato sauce and sugar. one of the great clashing examples of great hip hop: hard drums/smooth loops/hard words/smooth delivery."

Q-Tip: "From Allah we come to Allah we return. R.I.P. Keith GURU. A great man, poet, & I'm proud to say friend 23 yrs. Damn!"

RZA: "RIP Guru - this is total sad news for hip-hop. You were a good friend and an inspiration. A true legend, you will be missed."

Fucked Up's Damian Abraham: "Without hyperbole, one of the greatest of all time."

Snoop Dogg: "420 gonna be in honor of the big homie Guru.. respect the foundation... light one up for the legend"

Diddy: "Hip-Hop lost an icon today-but u'll always be w/ us b/c Legends live on 4ever."

Talib Kweli: "RIP GURU. LONG LIVE #GANGSTARR"

Stars: "rip Guru one of the great rappers from its golden age. saw him in tdot way back and he stayed til every kid had been spoken too. a real gent."

Last edited by Slang Editorial on Wed 21 Apr 2010, 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ?   Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 6:51 pm

^^^Premo is truly a class act Big Grin
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ?   Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 6:53 pm

To be fair, you can't really judge his attitude towards Primo and his fam without knowing the details. It's conceivable that they are completely deserving. Very few actually know.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ?   Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 6:54 pm

Bushido Brown wrote:
You don't have to be scared. Try reading it again...and this time, comprehend it as well, you dumb fuck.

I did read it shithead....lol

Norf I can tell by how you act over the internet that your respect level wherever your from is NULL and VOID man....you had the chance to address any problems you had with me in the chatbox and instead you stayed talking about the NBA draft like you where one of the kids getting drafted..lol

grow some balls and then we can talk...until that time comes which I highly doubt it ever will..keep doing the subliminal bullshit and other girly/vaginal stuff you love...If I have a problem with you I'm going to call your doofy ass out just like I did today......got it Bushido???
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ?   Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 6:55 pm

Last straw...

See ya later.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ?   Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 6:55 pm

Big-ups to Premier for showing some class in a very difficult situation!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ?   Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 7:13 pm

Nor I know you did not delete Powells account...right?
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ?   Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 7:15 pm

Nope.

Powell is free to do what he wants...

I did just get at KJ for sucking his dick, though. So don't be surprised if a few long winded paragraphs about nothing turn up...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ?   Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 7:23 pm

Norf, You're the authority for sucking dick you fat bastard.

All I did was suggest that if you had beef with Powell to take it out on a private message. But you jumped down my throat and gave me shit like a bitch.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ?   Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 7:24 pm

lol....fat? You're clearly guessing...

All I did was tell you to mind your fuckin' business. You up in arms over what?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ?   Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 7:24 pm

I just find it hilarious the same people who are getting upset about respecting the dead are calling Primo a class act, somehow implying his behavior is going above and beyond and also taking a shot at Guru in the process implying somehow there is something to be a class act about.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ?   Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 7:26 pm

Bushido Brown wrote:

You were rude and fuckin disrespectful when all I was trying to do was make peace. If you're gonna act like that, then expect the same treatment in return.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ?   Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 7:33 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Bushido Brown wrote:

You were rude and fuckin disrespectful when all I was trying to do was make peace. If you're gonna act like that, then expect the same treatment in return.

You were rude as well. How was I to take that? By politely asking you to butt out? You have me mixed up with someone else. I was already handling shit...I didn't need your help or directions. Still don't...
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ?   Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 7:36 pm

Lionel Hutz wrote:
I just find it hilarious the same people who are getting upset about respecting the dead are calling Primo a class act, somehow implying his behavior is going above and beyond and also taking a shot at Guru in the process implying somehow there is something to be a class act about.

Pedro stay out of it my dude....let Bushido handle this one! let's see what he's got as a MAN! this banning shit is GAY as hell...what the fuck is that about?? let Bushido handle it man!
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ?   Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 7:38 pm

Ain't shit to handle or prove around here. Ain't a soul here that don't know you're an idiot.

Fuck you...again... lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ?   Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 7:43 pm

Bushido Brown wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Bushido Brown wrote:

You were rude as well. How was I to take that? By politely asking you to butt out? You have me mixed up with someone else. I was already handling shit...I didn't need your help or directions. Still don't...

So saying "I didn't ask your opinion, and I don't care whether you like it or not" is polite? I beg to differ. Just goes to show you that ignorance is bliss.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ?   Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 8:15 pm

Dude...do you not realize that had you not butted in, I wouldn't have said one word to you? I was clearly addressing Linker. You can be wrong sometimes, KJ. Realize it...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ?   Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 8:16 pm

Bushido Brown wrote:
Dude...do you not realize that had you not butted in, I wouldn't have said one word to you? I was clearly addressing Linker. You can be wrong sometimes, KJ. Realize it...

Whatever man. I don't see anything wrong with trying to make peace.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ?   Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 8:40 pm

You don't get it...

You jumped in. But I'm rude. No one said making peace was wrong, KJ. I'm saying rudely interjecting and then continuing on when asked to butt out is wrong.

You can be wrong, KJ. I know this is hard for you to grasp, but it's true.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ?   Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 9:53 pm

I never said that I couldn't be wrong, but I don't feel I did anything wrong in that situation. I simply gave my opinion and I felt you rudely dismissed it. But it's whatever. We'll just call it stalemate.

On to more positive subjects....like the Gangstarr thread I started in Hip-Hop Discussion
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ?   Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 10:00 pm

that was sooooo gay KJ...women complain about being rudely dismissed...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ?   Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 10:01 pm

Lionel Hutz wrote:
that was sooooo gay KJ...women complain about being rudely dismissed...

You're soooooo gay Pedro, STFU!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ?   Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 10:03 pm

that was even gayer... it was gay and childish...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ?   Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 10:04 pm

Lionel Hutz wrote:
that was even gayer... it was gay and childish...

You're the authority on both those topics.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ?   Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 10:11 pm

I have observed you for over a year now - so yes, I am.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ?   Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Apr 2010, 11:16 pm

Has nothing to do with me. It has everything to do with you being gay and childish.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ?   Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Apr 2010, 6:46 pm

Bushido Brown wrote:
Ain't shit to handle or prove around here. Ain't a soul here that don't know you're an idiot.

Fuck you...again... lol

Not that it will ever change, but Powell does say a lot of retarded crap IMO...I usually ignore it. I don't really think you're stupid Powell, but you overreact about 95% of the time you address somebody.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ?   Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Apr 2010, 8:46 pm

Alan wrote:
Bushido Brown wrote:

Fuck you...again... lol

Not that it will ever change, but Powell does say a lot of retarded crap IMO...I usually ignore it. I don't really think you're stupid Powell, but you overreact about 95% of the time you address somebody.

Well here's another one of my patent "over reactions"...lol

Hey Pounds.....shut the fuck up man...nobody asked you for your opinion 2 days 2 late man...

go smoke some more of that "good" shit your normally puffing on and be quiet man...lol

weed does the body and mind "good" don't you know that already??? your living proof of that..lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ?   Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guru Dies After Cancer Battle... ?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2