Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2

Go down 
+8
Wayne
T. Myers
Tic706
D.Powell
parker lewis
KJ Styles
SyRuP Sippa
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2 Empty
PostSubject: Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2   Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr 2011, 12:37 am

You know the deal, same as before.

K-Rino
Atmosphere
Brother Ali
Jedi Mind Tricks
Ras Kass
Z-Ro
Nice & Slow
Little Brother
Killah Priest
House of Pain
M.O.P.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2   Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr 2011, 12:49 am

K-Rino - No because they hate on lesser knowns
Atmosphere - Possibly
Brother Ali - nope
Jedi Mind Tricks - nope, not well known enough
Ras Kass - too inconsistent
Z-Ro - not well known enough
Nice & Slow - maybe but have no business in the hall
Little Brother - nope
Killah Priest - probably not
House of Pain yes
M.O.P. yes
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2   Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr 2011, 12:51 am

K-Rino- Yes, underground legend
Atmosphere- Of course, they are what the underground cats strive to achieve.
Brother Ali- I honestly am not sure, maybe takes him a few tries to get in.
Jedi Mind Tricks- read the notes for Atmosphere.
Ras Kass- Nah, reminds me of Canibus, AZ, Cormega, those guys. Talent is there, but impact?
Z-Ro- I really can't say, only own 3 albums from him. Besides that, I don't know much about his career.
Little Brother- Maybe if they stuck together longer.
Killah Priest- No. Solid albums, no classics.
House of Pain- Yes easily.
M.O.P.- No.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2   Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr 2011, 12:55 am

I honestly don't see any of these acts as HOF'ers. Maybe House Of Pain but even that's a stretch.

Do you mean Nice & Smooth instead of Nice & Slow? If so then they're borderline at best.

I like a number of them listed, but none of them other than the aforementioned two ever blew up on a national level.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2   Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr 2011, 1:00 am

Yeah, Nice & Smooth. My bad.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2   Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr 2011, 6:55 am

I would say that most fans would credit Priest with at least one classic. Are you not familiar with his music, Tran? Just don't like it?
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2   Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr 2011, 7:53 am

K-Rino (nope)
Atmosphere (nope)
Brother Ali (nope)
Jedi Mind Tricks (nope)
Ras Kass (nope)
Z-Ro (nope)
Nice & Smooth (close but nope)
Little Brother (close but nope)
Killah Priest (nope)
House of Pain (nope)
M.O.P. (close but nope)

not one hall of fame act is contained in these acts....they all fall way short or close but short but short nonetheless...the hall of fame is a very special place where not everyone who did a damn hip-hop song should be allowed to enter....give us a list to think about tranny these picks were toliet bowl man.....
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2   Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr 2011, 10:37 am

I agree with Powells list excpet LB is not even close. And I think an arguement could be made for K Rino. But after its all said and done he probably wouldn't make it.

Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2   Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr 2011, 10:46 am

You guys really don't think KP's body of work and overall consistency are considerable for this?

He seems to get an unanimous respect that is rare in hip-hop.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2   Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr 2011, 10:51 am

parker lewis wrote:
You guys really don't think KP's body of work and overall consistency are considerable for this?

He seems to get an unanimous respect that is rare in hip-hop.

I don't think so. Becuase his body work is inconsistant or forgettable and he does not have that one universal classic album imo. Skill wise he was a strong chance but when other factors come into play he would fall short. Like Powell said when you think Hall of Fame they have to be very very special. And of course it would depend on what the set criteria is for induction.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2   Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr 2011, 10:56 am

He would probably be my top pick for the underground emcees, not including the gamechangers like El-P, Doom, Atmosphere, etc.

No doubt I'm a fan and that has an influence. While he doesn't have universal appeal, he does seem to get the respect (redundant, I know). I mean, where do you see the inconsistencies? I can't think of anything that is agreed upon negatively. Most of the best emcees have those duds that nobody likes.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2   Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr 2011, 10:59 am

A lot of these are personal favorites but they are not HOF worthy. Even if K-Rino is a virtual unknown, his contributions to Houston hip hop is undeniable and that alone merits discussion
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2   Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr 2011, 10:59 am

Heavy Mental was pretty popular well received, but he's toiled in relative obscurity during the time he's release his best material (last 6-7 years or so)
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2   Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr 2011, 11:04 am

Right, but there should be some balance that allows somewhat obscure acts, if they've held a cult fanbase and are popular/influental within the industry.

If there is a hip-hop HoF, the underground has to be represented at some point. Obscurity can't always be an automatic disqualification.

Otherwise this discussion becomes pointless, and we would just determine eligibility by sales. I know that is not the extreme you are representing, but I don't think I'm even close to the opposite in suggesting Killah Priest's legitimacy.

Last edited by parker lewis on Sat 23 Apr 2011, 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2   Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr 2011, 11:04 am

D.Powell wrote:
K-Rino (nope)
Atmosphere (nope)
Brother Ali (nope)
Jedi Mind Tricks (nope)
Ras Kass (nope)
Z-Ro (nope)
Nice & Smooth (close but nope)
Little Brother (close but nope)
Killah Priest (nope)
House of Pain (nope)
M.O.P. (close but nope)

not one hall of fame act is contained in these acts....they all fall way short
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2   Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr 2011, 12:28 pm

Zaza Pachulia wrote:
You know the deal, same as before.

K-Rino
Atmosphere
Brother Ali
Jedi Mind Tricks
Ras Kass
Z-Ro
Nice & Slow
Little Brother
Killah Priest
House of Pain
M.O.P.

As good as many of these artists are, they didn't really change the game, so no to all of them.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2   Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr 2011, 12:59 pm

K-Rino - yes
Atmosphere - maybe
Brother Ali - no
Jedi Mind Tricks - absolutely
Ras Kass - maybe
Z-Ro - probably not
Nice & Smooth - no
Little Brother - maybe
Killah Priest - Ras would get in before him, but maybe
House of Pain - yes
M.O.P. - yes
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2   Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr 2011, 1:04 pm

parker lewis wrote:
Right, but there should be some balance that allows somewhat obscure acts, if they've held a cult fanbase and are popular/influental within the industry.

If there is a hip-hop HoF, the underground has to be represented at some point. Obscurity can't always be an automatic disqualification.

Otherwise this discussion becomes pointless, and we would just determine eligibility by sales. I know that is not the extreme you are representing, but I don't think I'm even close to the opposite in suggesting Killah Priest's legitimacy.

It's not all about sales, it's also about impact on the rap game. Case in point, Kool G Rap was never a big seller but his style influenced a hell of a lot of rappers around the world and is one of the greatest storytellers in hip-hop history, hence he's a Hall Of Famer. Killah Priest is very talented, but what intangible does he have really going for him besides talent?

See the thing with underground rappers is that some of them break away from the pack and become tremendous impact players. 50 Cent started out as an underground rapper and he broke away from the pack to become a megastar. Killa Priest hasn't quite done that.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2   Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr 2011, 1:09 pm

kool g is not an auto hall of famer..
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2   Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr 2011, 1:14 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:

I believe he would most likely get in if put to a vote
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2   Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr 2011, 1:17 pm

KGR is a first ballot hall of famer, he is a top 3 most influential rapper of all time when it comes to style, flow, subject matter, literally everything.

He is everyones favorite rappers GOAT, he is to rap what the crossover is to basketball
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2   Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr 2011, 1:20 pm

Yeah G Rap is an auto shoe in.

Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2   Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr 2011, 1:20 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
KGR is a first ballot hall of famer, he is a top 3 most influential rapper of all time when it comes to style, flow, subject matter, literally everything.

He is everyones favorite rappers GOAT, he is to rap what the crossover is to basketball

I'd say Top 5 or so as far as influence but I agree with the rest of what you're saying.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2   Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr 2011, 1:51 pm

I think you guys exaggerate his influence...
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2   Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr 2011, 3:16 pm

you completely underrate it, im not even going to argue this because this is so asinine to me im done talking about it lmao
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2   Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr 2011, 3:29 pm

You guys swear he influenced every gangster rapper who ever spit. Not true.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2   Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr 2011, 4:08 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
You guys swear he influenced every gangster rapper who ever spit. Not true.

He influenced a lot of them, man. Many of them have admitted as such.

We're not exaggerating his influence, you're underestimating it.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2   Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr 2011, 4:12 pm

name them
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2   Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr 2011, 4:23 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
name them

Biggie, Nas, Jay Z, Em, Big Pun, Raekwon, RZA, Havoc, Pharoahe Monch, and there's a ton of others but those are guys whom have openly named him as an influence. If you go to KGR's Wiki page I'm sure it'll name more.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2   Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr 2011, 4:35 pm

Ah, I see. He is responsible for every rapper and producer to have come out after his debut. Good to know.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2   Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr 2011, 4:41 pm

If Kool G isn't first ballot then no one is.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2   Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr 2011, 5:19 pm

Kool G doesn't have a gold album and doesn't have anything close to a classic album since 1992.

I'm not saying he wouldn't make it. He's influential and a pioneer, but he is lacking on other categories. So if he can make it based on his influence alone then people need to open up their criteria a bit more.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2   Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr 2011, 5:27 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:

this is the DUMBEST statement ever said on the hip-hop 4 life forum....it is official now!

Pedro is NOT a fan of hip-hop music and culture...what he is, is a "fan" of himself.....he loves to say the dumbest shit to see if heads will buy into the stuff he says that even he doesn't really believe he said...

He loves to create controversy by saying these types of things with not one thought process behind it....

I mean is that an intelligent statement coming from a supposed hip-hop fan who claims that he has been listening for at least 10 years?? I know everything is opinion based but this dumb shit is bigger than just Pedro's opinion.....I beg of you fellow posters do not fall into his trap but just look at the video below and see Pedro in all of his shining glory......

Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2   Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr 2011, 5:47 pm

Are you going to keep posting that until KJ cosigns it Powell?

Based on the criteria an auto pick hall of famer should possess all of the qualities, right? Kool G lacks the popularity and success of people like Biggie and Pac. His career has been more or less pedestrian for the last 19 years as well. People are saying he makes it in because of his influence, which is fine by me, but there are plenty more complete artists that would shine in all the criteria and those to me would be the auto picks.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2   Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr 2011, 5:56 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Are you going to keep posting that until KJ cosigns it Powell?

Based on the criteria an auto pick hall of famer should possess all of the qualities, right? Kool G lacks the popularity and success of people like Biggie and Pac. His career has been more or less pedestrian for the last 19 years as well. People are saying he makes it in because of his influence, which is fine by me, but there are plenty more complete artists that would shine in all the criteria and those to me would be the auto picks.

I'm not posting it for anyone's co-signs...it's just that whenever I look at it I see you clearly and a few others on here...

your a fan of yourself man...this much is apparent by everything that you post...it's more than just having a "different" opinion with you...it's the "controversy" you love....the stupidity of seeing certain heads react to the ridiculous things that you spout off...your bored man...you need something...maybe a dog?? a car?? a vacation?? not sure...

anyway if you really believe that Kool G Rap is not an instant Hall Of Fame hip-hop artist then so be it (I guess???) lol
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2   Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr 2011, 5:59 pm

If you want to actually address any of the points I made or have an actual discussion feel free to reply any time Powell.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2   Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr 2011, 6:02 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
If you want to actually address any of the points I made or have an actual discussion feel free to reply any time Powell.

I feel like there is nothing to "discuss" with you on this one Pedro because IN MY OPINION Kool G Rap is an instant Hall Of Fame hip-hop artist regardless of that dumb shit you just said man...it means nothing to me in real time...slow motion or any other way.....G Rap has done enough IN MY OPINION that he is an instant hip-hop Hall Of Famer...if you disagree with this statement because of the lil tidbits you just said then so be it man....good luck...God Bless and goodnight....lol

Last edited by D.Powell on Sat 23 Apr 2011, 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2   Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr 2011, 6:03 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2   Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr 2011, 6:03 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

I feel like there is nothing to "discuss" with you on this one Pedro because IN MY OPINION Kool G Rap is an instant Hall Of Fame hip-hop artist regardless of that dumb shit you just said man...it means nothing to me in real time...slow motion or any other way.....G Rap has done enough IN MY OPINION that he is an instant hip-hop Hall Of Famer...if you disagree with this statement because of the lil tidbits you just said then so be it man....good luck...God Bless and goodnight....lol
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2   Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr 2011, 6:04 pm

I think there are different weights for different variables for me, plus my subjective opinion of skills plays a large role. For example, Lil Wayne is influential, talented and a huge seller, but, to me, Kool G Rap is wayyyy doper so G Rap would get in ahead of Weezy. Idk if that's a good example or not...
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2   Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr 2011, 6:07 pm

Lil Wayne is a first ballot hip-hop Hall Of Famer IN MY OPINION as well...so in terms of the "Hall Of Fame" they both get in on the first ballot-(Meaning both G Rap and Lil Wayne)
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2   Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr 2011, 6:07 pm

thelundquist wrote:
I think there are different weights for different variables for me, plus my subjective opinion of skills plays a large role. For example, Lil Wayne is influential, talented and a huge seller, but, to me, Kool G Rap is wayyyy doper so G Rap would get in ahead of Weezy. Idk if that's a good example or not...

That makes sense to me. I don't think Wayne should make it merely because of his influence or sales or hype. I probably wouldn't vote Weezy in first ballot. But to me it's interesting that guys like Killah Priest and Ras Kass are automatic nos to the same people who think Kool G Rap is an auto yes. If Kool G is an auto yes based on influence and talent alone then the field should definitely be much more open to guys like Ras Kass and Priest. Especially Priest who's had a much more consistent and successful career than Kool G.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2   Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr 2011, 6:09 pm

Well okay how about this. Hypothetically how many MCs per ballot? 10, 12? I feel like if we set a number it will help.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2   Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr 2011, 6:11 pm

Well G Rap influenced Kass and Priest more than likely. So whether it's fair or not, he came before them so his status is greater.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2   Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr 2011, 6:12 pm

Well in real hall of fames when it comes to players it's never more than a handful who actually get inducted each year...In the NFL its never more than 5 or 6 and that includes coaches, etc. I mean if people got Kool G in their top 10 then he'd probably be a first ballot to them, but my issue is not with their opinion but with the fact they knock other nominees for lacking the same things KGR lacks.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2   Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr 2011, 6:14 pm

thelundquist wrote:
Well G Rap influenced Kass and Priest more than likely. So whether it's fair or not, he came before them so his status is greater.

You have to draw the line somewhere. I don't hear any real Kool G Rap influence in Kass or Priest. Yes, they do rap about gangsta shit sometimes, but that's a very weak link to me. Priest had a pretty unique style at the time he came out, but if anything he was influenced by guys like Gza and Masta Killa directly. Kass was a lyrical cat, but he sounds nothing like Kool G to me either. I mean the "first" guy to do something or the first guy to blow up doing something is technically going to "influence" everything that comes after him, but direct influence is much more valuable to me.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2   Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr 2011, 6:15 pm

I can see a case that could be made for: Atmosphere, JMT, maybe Ras Kass & KP (but not likely), House of Pain and M.O.P.

I don't think any of them are sure-fire, but Jump Around still gets a lot of play at wedding receptions and sporting events. That certainly helps House of Pain's cause.

Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2   Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr 2011, 6:15 pm

thelundquist wrote:

I disagree with this statement 1000% just because G Rap came first doesn't mean he is better....that's not why he is a first ballot Hall Of Famer for me....influence is a part of the equation for G Rap...yes, but G Rap achieved higher highs musically, sonically..etc.etc...than both Priest and Ras to me, so that puts him in before those dudes too....in additon to his huge influence....I don't care how many years G Rap has not been in his prime, he has done more than enough IN MY OPINION...he's in (first ballot) plain and simple for me at least....for Pedro?? he's not too sure...lol...and that's all good too (I guess??) hey he ain't a "Rap Pro" for nothing right??

Last edited by D.Powell on Sat 23 Apr 2011, 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2   Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr 2011, 6:18 pm

thelundquist wrote:

I was just about to post something just like the above. G Rap is a first so he gets more credit for certain things than the cats that came after him who may have even did "it" better.

I get what you are saying SRP, G Rap weak spot/flaw no doubt would be consistancy album wise. But can you agree that he has always been consistant lyrically?
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2   Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Apr 2011, 6:19 pm

I wasn't saying he wasn't better than them because i think G Rap is better than them both. but his legendary status stems from when he arrived. Rhyming how he did when he did makes his legend to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2   Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hip Hop Hall of Fame 2
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next