Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hip Hop Hall of Fame 4

Go down 
+10
Justin Linker
thelundquist
Tic706
TheHazardous
Xcel
KJ Styles
Deanie O'Banion
D.Powell
SyRuP Sippa
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Hip Hop Hall of Fame 4 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Hall of Fame 4   Hip Hop Hall of Fame 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Apr 2011, 8:06 am

TicNitty706 wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
TicNitty706 wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
No they would not KJ. just because they created it doesn't mean they made it special. Tribe and De La would have been just as great with or without the Native Tongues tag.

+10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Y'all are Native Tongue haters for the most part so whatever. I have absolutely no doubt that the JB's would get in. Sure, those groups likely would be as great but that's besides the point. Bottom line is that they ALONG WITH THE JUNGLE BROTHERS ushered in a new style/trend in hip hop. For that reason they'd get inducted.

I don't hate the Native Tongue movement. I think it was one of the most important and creative forces ever in music. As a crew or a movement they deserve HOF induction automatically. But Jungle Bro's on grp merit alone would not make it.

Exactly!! There is no middle ground with KJ. If you don't slurp their man gravy, you are a hater. I guarantee he wouldn't be calling me a hater when i vote yes to De La Soul, ATCQ, and Busta Rhymes. It's no disrespect to the Jungle Brothers, but i think peoples criteria is way too soft. Releasing a classic album in raps golden era isn't an automatic inclusion into the HOF. Starting the Native Tongues doesn't mean much in my book because the collective became great on the back of other groups not the Jungle Brothers.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Hall of Fame 4   Hip Hop Hall of Fame 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Apr 2011, 11:19 am

Whatever Terry that's your opinion, but I disagree entirely. The JB's are considered a great group in their own right, and they have not one but TWO classic albums.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Hall of Fame 4   Hip Hop Hall of Fame 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Apr 2011, 11:24 am

There are a lot of great groups, but are they an all time great group? That's what the HOF means. I don't think they deserve a place right next to Tribe or De La Soul. Do you think they are anywhere close to being as dope as those two groups?

Last edited by T. Myers on Thu 28 Apr 2011, 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Hall of Fame 4   Hip Hop Hall of Fame 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Apr 2011, 11:25 am

Everyone you love has a million classics according to you KJ.

AP.9 is a great rapper in his own right and has way more classics than Biggie, he should be in the Hall of Fame and if you don't agree you are nothing but a west coast hater.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Hall of Fame 4   Hip Hop Hall of Fame 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Apr 2011, 12:22 pm

Let's be real though, was JB's really even a "great" grp? I think they were good at best but let's not get crazy.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Hall of Fame 4   Hip Hop Hall of Fame 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Apr 2011, 12:23 pm

TicNitty706 wrote:
Let's be real though, was JB's really even a "great" grp? I think they were good at best but let's not get crazy.

I do not consider them great, but that's really a matter of opinion i suppose.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Hall of Fame 4   Hip Hop Hall of Fame 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Apr 2011, 6:11 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Everyone you love has a million classics according to you KJ.

AP.9 is a great rapper in his own right and has way more classics than Biggie, he should be in the Hall of Fame and if you don't agree you are nothing but a west coast hater.

That's your opinion, but you and I both know that he'd have about as much chance of making the HOF as the Hornets do of winning the NBA title. Actually, I'd probably give the Hornets a better chance, but you get my drift.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Hall of Fame 4   Hip Hop Hall of Fame 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Apr 2011, 6:13 pm

TicNitty706 wrote:

They rocked in the late 80's-early 90's and are still respected today but like I said earlier neither you nor Terry are fans of Native Tongues anyway. Y'all might respect ATCQ and De La's accomplishments but y'all don't really like them like that. But I'm done beating a dead horse.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Hall of Fame 4   Hip Hop Hall of Fame 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 28 Apr 2011, 6:16 pm

I do like both groups. I don't know why you think I do not like either group
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hip Hop Hall of Fame 4   Hip Hop Hall of Fame 4 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hip Hop Hall of Fame 4
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2